Blind needs to be applied for a short duration 2 seconds maximum.

Hitman.5829

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@"Loboling.5293" said:I agree that blind lasting 10+ seconds to be silly. Although, I'd think something closer to 5-8 seconds max duration would be more fitting.

Let's take your average metabattle build from thief and look at their blinds:BP applies for 2 seconds.SS applies blind for 5 sec.Combo finishers apply 3 sec.Blinding powder applies 5 sec stealth.Blinding Tuft (assuming they stole it from thief) - 3 sec.

Please show me 10 sec blind. I honestly don't think it is possible to stack blind to 10 sec unless target is afk since it is removed with any attack. Let's be honest here, thief is not like warrior, they have bigger vulnerability windows, you can attack them without fearing of dying unlike vs other classes like mirages for example that can apply 3248234938248 confusion stacks on you within short time or... ironically warriors with full counter.

How does this works inside your brain ?When ppl are mentioning D/D condition or daredevil or Unload Pistol or Deadeye , your first comment is they should use defensive mechanics/tactics rather than go up and face them straight up .Just like Backstab spec 5 years ago , telling the ppl to put up a defensive Amulet... and then procced to whine about Celestial Amulets .And now you are telling him to : ''Its ok , you can do whatever you want vs Thiefs , he wont do more damagfe while you trade blows and you are dont have be carefull''

If you personally have problems vs a 6k Full Counter EVERY 12 sec , then equip a Ranged Weapon :PAnd Mirage applying 3248234938248 confusion stacks , use Superior Rune of Lyssa and
:P

This is probably a very bad idea to respond to you but whatever.

D/D condi is countered by AoE and timing. Vs PP you can use interrupts/reflects. Same goes for DE. God forbid players have to use defensives vs thief.Now from what i gathered, OP is complaining about blinds from DD d/p, how is your comment even relevant? Different builds/mechanics require different approach to deal with them.

Backstab spec 5 years ago? Are you talking about me? Or someone else?

Given how many defensives, the high HP pool and how much straight damage warrior has, actually yes i think wars can trade blows with thieves without fearing of dying. I brought mirage as an example where straight forward attack would cause your character to die.

Attacking full counter is usually bad idea, it may not affect you but it may affect teammates on point and potentially kill them.

As far as lyssa goes: let's ignore the fact that other stats on that rune are bad. Use of elite counts as action. If you have multiple stacks of confusion you going to die, if you use elite. I am not even going to start on CD on elites and ICD on 6th bonus of the rune.Pain response is in acro, which is picked only for certain builds and does not have good synergy with other. It also has long ICD which makes the trait rather pointless vs current condi mirage.

Once again, mirage, or rather confusion mechanic in itself was an example why simply straight attacking would hurt the attacker more than the target. I did not ask for advice how to deal with them (especially from you).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:(I am a pro warrior).Loosing fights to thieves due to the weakest condition in the says otherwise.

but because I have beaten many players in WvW outnumbered 5 to 1, yet i cannot beat a perma dodge thief that constantly blind me.

I too, can kill 5 zerglings that play in basically PvE with an optimized solo roaming build/gear. I pro too now.

@Cynz.9437 said:This is probably a very bad idea to respond to you but whatever.

You dont like to be pressured , like a Dev ? :P

@Cynz.9437 said:D/D condi is countered by AoE and timing. Vs PP you can use interrupts/reflects. Same goes for DE. God forbid players have to use defensives vs thief.

DD have evasion + condition removal + self healing .The only broken spect han can dish out that kind of damage you wish , its either HoT Guardian (which because its not in meta should be buffed!) or the Current Necro .

PP and Deadeye you can see the the projectile that is going towards the enemy and comming back to youYou have DOUBLE THE time to evade your projectile and w8 till his few secs of Reflection runs out

For one sec , you told him that : Let's be honest here, thief is not like warrior, they have bigger vulnerability windows, you can attack them without fearing of dying unlike vs other classes Are youtrying to sell a different car to me now ?:P

@Cynz.9437 said:Backstab spec 5 years ago? Are you talking about me? Or someone else?

You and that mathematician Amaterasu , both roaming the forums 24/7 :PCommon we where the three of us there , haveing the same conversation :P

@Cynz.9437 said:As far as lyssa goes: let's ignore the fact that other stats on that rune are bad. Use of elite counts as action. If you have multiple stacks of confusion you going to die, if you use elite. I am not even going to start on CD on elites and ICD on 6th bonus of the rune.

The starts are bad ?Its like saying that the warriors shouldnt get CLEANSING IRE , and they choose another Damage Trait to boost the F1 skills damage even moreSo correctly if i am wrong , the a guardian that is fully Conditioned , shouldnt use his Cleancing spells , because he has 10 stack of confusion ?Or an enginner ?What then ?Stay still and let the enemy Mesmer to keep with his DPS rotation ?

@Cynz.9437 said:Pain response is in acro, which is picked only for certain builds and does not have good synergy with other. It also has long ICD which makes the trait rather pointless vs current condi mirage.

16 ssec to fully remove MOST OFFENSIVE DAMAGE SPELLS , combing with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Don't_Stop that ALMOST DISABLE THE KITING spells , it too long for you ?How they should buff it ? Make it 10 sec for you ?

@"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

You dont like to be pressured , like a Dev ? :P

Nah, it was just made to me very clear what i should be doing and what not.

DD have evasion + condition removal + self healing .The only broken spect han can dish out that kind of damage you wish , its either HoT Guardian (which because its not in meta should be buffed!) or the Current Necro .

PP and Deadeye you can see the the projectile that is going towards the enemy and comming back to youYou have DOUBLE THE time to evade your projectile and w8 till his few secs of Reflection runs out

For one sec , you told him that : Let's be honest here, thief is not like warrior, they have bigger vulnerability windows, you can attack them without fearing of dying unlike vs other classes Are youtrying to sell a different car to me now ?:P

Once again, how is condi d/d is relevant to the discussion. They don't exactly have abundance of blinds. I can kill condi d/d on core thief so you are wrong.As far as projectile reflect goes, i am sure fellow mesmers can tell you all about epic moments when they killed DE/pp thieves with reflects. The reflect is usually nearly instant. Even if thief has epic reflexes and does avoid reflected projectile, they just used dodges. Meaning they have even less defensive and you can pressure them. Once again, how is PP and DE relevant to the main discussion? neither of them have high access to blinds.

You and that mathematician Amaterasu , both roaming the forums 24/7 :PCommon we where the three of us there , haveing the same conversation :P

I roam forums, yes, i don't recall any supposed conversations about so called backstab build from 5 years ago. Also, just fyi, i did not play GW2 from the very start.So no, we did not have the "same conversation" as i played WoW/LoL 5 years ago instead. Once again, this has nothing to do with topic.

The starts are bad ?Its like saying that the warriors shouldnt get CLEANSING IRE , and they choose another Damage Trait to boost the F1 skills damage even moreSo correctly if i am wrong , the a guardian that is fully Conditioned , shouldnt use his Cleancing spells , because he has 10 stack of confusion ?Or an enginner ?What then ?Stay still and let the enemy Mesmer to keep with his DPS rotation ?

You are well aware i play thief. Lyssa rune stats are bad for most thief builds (if not all). You compare cleansing ire to a rune set, as well as elite spell to burst skills. There are completely different CDs involved as well.I don't see how it is good idea to waste long CD elite to remove few stacks of confusion which will be reapplied instantly anyway. Cleansing spells/traits have completely different CDs. Once again, we are off topic.

16 ssec to fully remove MOST OFFENSIVE DAMAGE SPELLS , combing with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Don't_Stop that ALMOST DISABLE THE KITING spells , it too long for you ?How they should buff it ? Make it 10 sec for you ?

Wait, what spell does pain response remove lol? I didn't know traits could remove spells o.o.I wasn't asking for pain response buff..... acro just doesn't work well for every build and there are better alternatives depending on what you play.Once again, off-topic discussion.

@Cynz.9437 said:Nah, it was just made to me very clear what i should be doing and what not.

What was again the lesson ?Because the things you are doing , is different that you are saying to other ppl that badmouth thiefs , and theres different things that you say in the PvE forums ''especially to some newish cartoonish video about ''Trust'' that came up lately

@Cynz.9437 said:Once again, how is condi d/d is relevant to the discussion. They don't exactly have abundance of blinds. I can kill condi d/d on core thief so you are wrong.

Lets badmouth Mirages ... lets badmouth Spellbreabers Warriors ... but leave thieves alone !Who told you that DD have relies on blinds ?The argument is that as you said it : '' Let's be honest here, thief is not like warrior, they have bigger vulnerability windows, you can attack them without fearing of dying unlike vs other classes ''Why did you said the sameline

@Cynz.9437 said:As far as projectile reflect goes, i am sure fellow mesmers can tell you all about epic moments when they killed DE/pp thieves with reflects. The reflect is usually nearly instant. Even if thief has epic reflexes and does avoid reflected projectile, they just used dodges. Meaning they have even less defensive and you can pressure them. Once again, how is PP and DE relevant to the main discussion? neither of them have high access to blinds.

Are you serious ...You hop from thread to thread , saying that the rest of the community have l2p to counter those 2 speccs , because they have such a noticable ANIMEATION + SOUND + 0,75 cast timeAND YOU DONT HAVE THE REFLEX TO COUNTER YOUR OWN ACTIONS ?Which they have even more delay ?

@Cynz.9437 said:I roam forums, yes, i don't recall any supposed conversations about so called backstab build from 5 years ago. Also, just fyi, i did not play GW2 from the very start.

AHAHAHAHAHA !

@Cynz.9437 said:You are well aware i play thief. Lyssa rune stats are bad for most thief builds (if not all). You compare cleansing ire to a rune set, as well as elite spell to burst skills. There are completely different CDs involved as well.I don't see how it is good idea to waste long CD elite to remove few stacks of confusion which will be reapplied instantly anyway. Cleansing spells/traits have completely different CDs. Once again, we are off topic.

Most Conditions specs , have to unload/change weapon/use cd/smash 6-7 bottuns to unload full stacks of condtions .Either with using this Runes or Pain Response , you nulifie them istandly passivly nulify their strungle and you can freely be offensive .A mesmers most times , he can cast 11-12 confusion stacks x2 in a row , then he have to flee or die

Cy in 4 days , damm gather-Olive Oil-year :(

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:I agree that blind lasting 10+ seconds to be silly. Although, I'd think something closer to 5-8 seconds max duration would be more fitting.

Let's take your average metabattle build from thief and look at their blinds:BP applies for 2 seconds.SS applies blind for 5 sec.Combo finishers apply 3 sec.Blinding powder applies 5 sec stealth.Blinding Tuft (assuming they stole it from thief) - 3 sec.

Please show me 10 sec blind. I honestly don't think it is possible to stack blind to 10 sec unless target is afk since it is removed with any attack. Let's be honest here, thief is not like warrior, they have bigger vulnerability windows, you can attack them without fearing of dying unlike vs other classes like mirages for example that can apply 3248234938248 confusion stacks on you within short time or... ironically warriors with full counter.

Blindness stack.Thieves have bigger vulnerability windows? In what game? As far as I know It is impossible to stun a thief due to the HoT and PoT short cooldown stun breakers.

To answer the comment made by Cynz about reflecting PP thief unload back at them it depends entirely on the build and where they reflect is. If they are a Condi Mesmer and using duelling they will not have reflect on evading attack because shatters causing blind and blind giving 2 confusion is a better option. If they are a power mesmer they might have reflect on evading an attack but once again blind on shatter is a better option most of the time.

I don’t know many that run chaos line but if they did it would be master of manipulation and you get a small amount of mirror on blink, not many would run mirror as a heal even with master of manipulation. Most mirrors from traits last 2s which will cover 1 unload so it’s doubtful you will kill a PP thief without chaining reflects which as I have said most of the time you won’t have trained unless you see before hand you’re against a projectile heavy team.

That’s without mentioning that most PP thieves I’ve come across while predictable aren’t morons, only a moron would keep firing unload when it is being reflected instead of stowing.

Don’t evemention feedback, I know very few people that run it at all and it’s something you only find in weird off meta support builds that are strictly inferior to most builds you can run.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:How tf can you seriously be complaining about conditions on warrior? You have so much kitten resistance its not even funny.

@Hitman.5829 said:(I am a pro warrior).Loosing fights to thieves due to the weakest condition in the says otherwise.

I am a pro warrior, and not because I say so, but because I have beaten many players in WvW outnumbered 5 to 1, yet i cannot beat a perma dodge thief that constantly blind me.

Have you ever considered, maybe just for a moment, that you beat those players because Warrior carries so kitten hard and not because of your own skill level?

Resistance lasts 4 seconds on berserker stance, stealth 3 seconds. by the time thief comes out of stealth resistance is gone, and more blindness can be applied.

You know full well that berserker stance is not the only source of resistance that you have. And that's not even mentioning cleanses you can take.

You complain about so much, yet also seem to know so little about how your favorite class works.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:How tf can you seriously be complaining about conditions on warrior? You have so much kitten resistance its not even funny.

I am a pro warrior, and not because I say so, but because I have beaten many players in WvW outnumbered 5 to 1, yet i cannot beat a perma dodge thief that constantly blind me.

Have you ever considered, maybe just for a moment, that you beat those players because Warrior carries so kitten hard and not because of your own skill level?

Resistance lasts 4 seconds on berserker stance, stealth 3 seconds. by the time thief comes out of stealth resistance is gone, and more blindness can be applied.

You know full well that berserker stance is not the only source of resistance that you have. And that's not even mentioning cleanses you can take.

You complain about so much, yet also seem to know so little about how your favorite class works.

Truth.

Full counter- Grants resistance, dazes, full damage immune, AND copies conditions if traited 10s C.D.

Block- 20s C.D.

Berserker stance- 30s C.D. 4 s of pulsing resistance. ( 5 seconds if you trait for it)

Cleansing Ire- 1-3 condies removed depending on spec ( recharge could vary)

Weapon swaping- 1 condi removed every 5 seconds

Featherfoot Grace- 6 seconds of resistance AND superspeed 30s C.D.

This isn't even getting in to theRidiculous melee damageInvulnboon strippingand Crit immunity

As a warrior you have many many ways to deal with melee condi pressure, and the only real valid arguement you could have made would be someone kiting you, but that is a weapons choice as you could counter that as well.

Why are non-warrior mains having to explain this?

@Hitman.5829 said:

Weakest condition for ranged classes but for melee classes like warrior, blind is very strong because you need to be 130 units to remove it, not only that, a perma dodge thief its nearly impossible to remove blindness.

Most warriors I play against at the slightly above average level have access to resistance and gap closers.

@Solori.6025 said:

Truth.

Full counter- Grants resistance, dazes, full damage immune, AND copies conditions if traited 10s C.D.

Block- 20s C.D.

Berserker stance- 30s C.D. 4 s of pulsing resistance. ( 5 seconds if you trait for it)

This isn't even getting in to theRidiculous melee damageInvulnboon strippingand Crit immunity

As a warrior you have many many ways to deal with melee condi pressure, and the only real valid arguement you could have made would be someone kiting you, but that is a weapons choice as you could counter that as well.

Blindness goes through block because thief have unblockable access to this. So your argument is invalid.

As someone who plays warrior, thief, and engineer all at a technically high level (high plat) I will say this concern is something I've never run into. As warrior the thief can't get close to you without blowing up if you know how to react to their blinds. Using attacks with multiple hits like GS 3 or axe 2 (assuming core, if not then disregard) will clear the blind and still do really good damage to the thief. Save the zerker stance resistance for when you want to use a cc like shield 4 and they try to blind you beforehand, then you get a cc and a burst off and often a fairly easy follow up to kill. The big thing is thief cant sit close to you for very long, the blinds are temporary coverage options for them to get in close and deal a little bit of damage. They have to extend the fight long enough so their little bursts will kill you whereas you can end the fight in 2 seconds of dealing damage.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Truth.

Block- 20s C.D.

Blindness goes through block because thief have unblockable access to this. So your argument is invalid.

blindness will only go through block if they have basi venom and then that means they wasted basi venom, because you should have balanced stance, which makes you immune to crits,and thats a major part of theif damage out the window

SecondlyI wonder why you are so adamant about making warrior seem like its weak, when in fact even in WvW a good warrior can dictate the outcome of a team fight?

This is why we need a thumbs down smh

@Solori.6025 said:

Truth.

Block- 20s C.D.

blindness will only go through block if they have basi venom and then that means they wasted basi venom, because you should have balanced stance, which makes you immune to crits,and thats a major part of theif damage out the window

SecondlyI wonder why you are so adamant about making warrior seem like its weak, when in fact even in WvW a good warrior can dictate the outcome of a team fight?

Threads like this are exactly why I tried so hard to get ANet to not remove the thumbs down button.

@Solori.6025 said:

Truth.

Block- 20s C.D.

Blind from shadowshot goes through block. However i honestly don't see it as issue. Most of the time blind is pointless vs war due to high access to resistance.

@Cynz.9437 said:

Truth.

Block- 20s C.D.

Blind from shadowshot goes through block. However i honestly don't see it as issue. Most of the time blind is pointless vs war due to high access to resistance.

Oh really? blindness goes trough block, so your block was useless and a skill was wasted, now you have the option to either use resistance on berserker stance or a powerful skill gap closing like rush or bull's charge to remove blindness. That leaves you with:

• Shield Block on cooldown, rush, bull charge or berserker stance on cooldown.

Now, thief has 3 dodges available that can set all of your closing gaps skills (rush, bull charge) on cooldown, by the time you get close to the thief you still have blindness so you hit one more and it misses. That sets you 4 or even 5 skills on cooldown who had no effect whatsoever on thief, you hit nothing but air.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Truth.

Block- 20s C.D.

Oh really? blindness goes trough block, so your block was useless and a skill was wasted, now you have the option to either use resistance on berserker stance or a powerful skill gap closing like rush or bull's charge to remove blindness. That leaves you with:

Now, thief has 3 dodges available that can set all of your closing gaps skills (rush, bull charge) on cooldown, by the time you get close to the thief you still have blindness so you hit one more and it misses. That sets you 4 or even 5 skills on cooldown who had no effect whatsoever on thief, you hit nothing but air.

If you run strength then just dodge and let the hit clear blinds then go back to what you were doing before. War has plenty of ways to deal with blind, I'm surprised you've found a way to make a post complaining about it...

@Hitman.5829 said:

Truth.

Block- 20s C.D.

Oh no, the horror of an ublockable attack going through block! How ever will warrior deal with that? Certainly he can't just dodge it, or just eat it, like every other class has to do? Surely that's not possible for warrior. They can't block unblockable attacks, clearly they need buff plz. ANET WHY YOU NO LISTEN TO SUCH REASON?

Archived