New EXP in 2024?

Posted (edited)

"Oh, right. What happens after “The Midnight King”? Well, you’ll find out very soon, as it turns out. In the next few weeks, we’ll post a development retrospective blog post for Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure that talks about what we learned from the process and how we’re taking those lessons forward into our next expansion. Shortly after that, you’ll get your first look at what that next expansion has to offer. Between that and everything we talked about above, it’s shaping up to be a pretty exciting summer!"

from:  Studio Update: Guild Wars 2 in Spring and Summer 2024 – GuildWars2.com

The timeline of the studio update is until July 2024, SotO was released August 2023, so my guess is a release of the next expansion in August 2024.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Deathleecher.8532 said:

Do we have any leaks, news or anything about it?

We will be getting a trailer for peview for expansion 6 soon. 

The timer for the special tab in the Wizard Vault reads 8x days currently. This timer usually was a good indicator for the next content patch.

SotO has no more content patches to go, so a reasonable assumption is that will be the release date of the next mini expac.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

They have even confirmed a 6th

https://wccftech.com/guild-wars-2-qa-arenanet-on-switch-to-yearly-expansions-secrets-of-the-obscure-learnings-and-2024-update/

planning one for 2025 (expansion 6), which is about as far into the future as we can reasonably foresee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

We will be getting a trailer for peview for expansion 6 soon. 

The timer for the special tab in the Wizard Vault reads 8x days currently. This timer usually was a good indicator for the next content patch.

SotO has no more content patches to go, so a reasonable assumption is that will be the release date of the next mini expac.

Dragon Bash begins in eight days, so that's probably what the timer is counting down to - there are usually festival achievements in the special tab of the Vault.

• Confused 2

So far there hasn't been any indication for it to NOT happen in 3 months. Current season is running that long. They have not announced that they would to "off" seasons (not tied to new content releases). And they wanted to do it yearly and the other one was 1 year ago then. Should be the pre-order soon - and first info. I guess.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Batel.9206 said:

Dragon Bash begins in eight days, so that's probably what the timer is counting down to - there are usually festival achievements in the special tab of the Vault.

Sorry I should have been clear, it's 85 days (I was just to lazy to check on the exact second digit out of game). 🙂

Tomorrow, Tuesday, it will be 84 days, exactly 12 weeks, which puts this timer expiring on Tuesday, August 20th. As mentioned by Zok.4956, SotO released in August as well.

So good guess is: late August 2024 as start for the next mini expansion (this will be expansion 5, the name has been partially leaked) and we have been told expansion 6 is also being planned, which we can expect for 2025.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Sorry I should have been clear, it's 85 days (I was just to lazy to check on the exact second digit out of game). 🙂

Oops! My bad, I totally misread your initial comment. 😅 That does make sense about the timing of the next expansion.

19 hours ago, Deathleecher.8532 said:

Do we have any leaks, news or anything about it?

We know each expansion has 3 major patches, and Wizard's Vault seasons are tied to those patches. So, theoretically the moment this Wizard's Vault season ends (see the timer in the specials tab), the new so-called "expansion" should release.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1