Good news guys, Ranger Longbow is getting buffed!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I feel called out. 

Your not alone in it, club for the apathetic warrior mains has been open for a while now.

Come on in and have a seat, coffee is on the table to the left. Our snack bar was nerfed last patch, so I hope you brought your own.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Your not alone in it, club for the apathetic warrior mains has been open for a while now.

Come on in and have a seat, coffee is on the table to the left. Our snack bar was nerfed last patch, so I hope you brought your own.

I don't like coffee. I will make some tea. Hope you like lemon. 

Drop the snack. I'm cooking. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Warriors should just run double range in OWPvE, strikes, and raids for the foreseeable future and let everyone else kitten about it. Perhaps their complaining about how bad Longow and Rifle are would get them fixed.

As long as rifle meme warrior builds still are run in PvP and PvE they wont buff it.

Although I havent seen them run in PvE at all.

boy it sure is a great idea to encourage rangers to press LB4 on cooldown for the boons

because that's definitely what we all need is mobs getting ping ponged everywhere

anyways u guys know if rifle gets reworked it's turning into a doomguy point blank shotgun right, how dare you want to attack from a distance 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

boy it sure is a great idea to encourage rangers to press LB4 on cooldown for the boons

because that's definitely what we all need is mobs getting ping ponged everywhere

anyways u guys know if rifle gets reworked it's turning into a doomguy point blank shotgun right, how dare you want to attack from a distance 

I would be ok with a shotgun, anything is better than our wet-noodle gun

12 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Okay. Make it a 900 range weapon, with cone aoes. All splits are PvE/Comp.

AA: Scatter Shot. Inflicts vulnerability for 5s. 0.85/0.6 coefficient, 1/2 cast.

R2: Double Tap: fires twice in quick succession. Gain 10 might for 8s. 1.25/0.85 scaling on each strike, 3/4s cast, 4s/8s CD.

R3: Kneecapper. Cripple for 5s and inflict 10 vuln for 8s. 2.0/1.0 scaling. 8s/12s CD.

R4: Tactical Shot: Evade and fire simultaneously. 3/4s evasion, inflicts 2s of immobilize and 10 stacks of vuln for 8d. 1.25/1.0 scaling. 12s CD. Evades 600 range backwards.

R5: same skill, but dashes forward 240 range to strike and recharges all rifle skills. 15s/20s CD.

F1: Salt Shot. Inflicts Daze for 1s, weakness for 4s, and deals 1.5/2.0/2.5 scaling per Adrenaline tier. Coefficients are 1.0/1.5/2.0 in competitive.

Primal remains the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Okay. Make it a 900 range weapon, with cone aoes. All splits are PvE/Comp.

AA: Scatter Shot. Inflicts vulnerability for 5s. 0.85/0.6 coefficient, 1/2 cast.

R2: Double Tap: fires twice in quick succession. Gain 10 might for 8s. 1.25/0.85 scaling on each strike, 3/4s cast, 4s/8s CD.

R3: Kneecapper. Cripple for 5s and inflict 10 vuln for 8s. 2.0/1.0 scaling. 8s/12s CD.

R4: Tactical Shot: Evade and fire simultaneously. 3/4s evasion, inflicts 2s of immobilize and 10 stacks of vuln for 8d. 1.25/1.0 scaling. 12s CD. Evades 600 range backwards.

R5: same skill, but dashes forward 240 range to strike and recharges all rifle skills. 15s/20s CD.

F1: Salt Shot. Inflicts Daze for 1s, weakness for 4s, and deals 1.5/2.0/2.5 scaling per Adrenaline tier. Coefficients are 1.0/1.5/2.0 in competitive.

Primal remains the same.

This would instantly be 100x better

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

As a rifle warrior, my greatest fear is rifle getting a complete rework. We know Anet doesn't see warrior like we see warrior. They'll use every safety precaution in the rework and land on something unsatisfactory in the end, like always.

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Thing is I just removed the ammo, buffed coefficients, and added only a few small tweaks other than a new F1.

I mean, you made most of the attacks cone-shaped AoEs, which will help massively with cleave. R2 has its damage condensed into 2 shots instead of spread out over 5 (in the slowest ranged multi attack in the game), so that's an improvement.

And let's not forget the shotgun roleplay... 😎 I'ma about to go full Terminator in the PvP lobby