Please give us playable kodan [Merged]

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 8:31 PM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

The trailer showed them off, now I feel its only fair to ask for them. Because they look super good. Please.

Very likely, there will be a "brown bear" Kodan battle tonic somewhere along the way.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Kodan_Tonic

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Cloudseeker_Tonic

Edited by Gorani.7205
added Cloudseeker
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Very likely, you will be a "brown bear" Kodan battle tonic somewhere along the way.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Kodan_Tonic

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Cloudseeker_Tonic

I hate it when they do that... ugh. You wont let my norn shapeshift without looking like he crawled out of Ps2 on a time limit, and now you've made werebears and wont let us have one... whatever A-net

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I would love to see more race playable during the expansions! i felt a little robbed of the tengu during the Cantha release and the Frogs from Hearth of Thorns or the Djinns in Pof.Seriosuly it needs to be upgraded! Or maybe even Centaur? Kodans would of course also be fun to play!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Hi

Please give us a new race playable!!! Kodan or Tengun!!! im waiting a lot this update, all presented on the launch its ok but NEW RACE is something that could give you a plus on the game!

please! please! a new race.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7

As slim as the chances seem to be after 12 years of hoping for new races. I hope for a miracle that they have  playable Kodan for Janthir Wilds, maybe as a secret bonus or an S up their sleeve kind of deal. I was so bummed out that after End of Dragons that it was datamined Anet had worked on rigging armours to the Tengu race, and of course, seeing the fancy Tengu designs from that expansion only added to said disappointment. Then also at the announcement of End Of Dragons, it was so delicately phrased that a new race won't be playable this (EoD, that is) expansion.

Back before release of core GW2 when they presented the Norn as playable, I was sorry to see they didn't have a transform system, like akin to the Worgen from WoW. it's sad because now they are basically just "Bigger" humans. Hence my desire for playable Kodan or Tengu. I still remember seeing Kodans in the Far Shiverpeaks and I was almost in awe at their unique design. Their lore also spoke to me, it kind of reminded me of my days playing Ritualist in GW1. A profession I adore to this day, still.

I am well aware that a new race adds "nothing" besides a new body to indulge in fashion designs and the possible deficits of said body type (rigging of armours and all that) and two voice actors for each of the supported voice over languages. So, I understand very well that "it might be too much work, for too little gain" or "resources should be spent elsewhere" as those seem to be the defining arguments against adding a new race.

My candle of hope might be dim, but I still hope a for other playable races and possibly even new professions one day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It will not happen. Didn't happen for the Tengu (Kestrel) in EoD. Won't happen for the Kodan here. But I think we might see a Largos-focused expansion in the future. (With or without underwater combat lol.) Those were the 3 races (after dwarves) that seemed requested most as playable races.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They had the biggest chance to release Tengu as playable race in EoD, they did not.

They had another chance to release Dwarf as playable race in SotO, they did not.

They will most likely not release the brown fuzzy Kodan as a playable race in JW expansion...

Edited by TwistedAlga.4235
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

They had the biggest chance to release Tengu as playable race in EoD, they did not.

They had another chance to release Dwarf as playable race in SotO, they did not.

They will most likely not release the brown fuzzy Kodan as a playable race in JW expansion...

Then stop making new races. We know GW3 if it happens will be all human, nothing else... so why bother even teasing us 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Tengus Kodans were in EoD  expansion trailer, they must be playable!

Hahaha i had my hopes with EoD. Seeing soo many different Tengu models. Well that was a missed opportunity. 

So i have no hopes at all that gw2 will ever get a new race. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

With EoD in the rear mirror and hopes for playble tengu long gone bye bye. Secretly hoping that a more basic model as a kodan can be playble after august. Maybe it's beating a dead horse for some. But EoD did dissapoint for me without playble tengu. A new playble race is a big thing from my side. I've been playing since launch of the game and i have seen most of the arguments. But i still have little hope for something to be newly playble. But i might set myself up for dissapointment.

But if they choose to do it what class would you make it? And do you have a name ready? I would make it a rev or a warior. Like my tengu could be a thief or a rev. I do have a first name ready Becourse my account name is also the first name of all my chars. ^^ Just my two cents. Reason to add my two cents is the art work. A kodan mounted and in the same picture a steadfast kodan with a spear. Other picture with two kodan on it resembling imo the male and female kodan. But jet again i might set myself up for dissapointment again. ^^

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3