Please give us playable kodan [Merged]

3 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

That is what many people said about mounts and player housing, yet look where we are now.

Yes but what people said happened too.

Like for example less waypoints per map going forward.

And mounts did not need voice acting or armor fitted to them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

That is what many people said about mounts and player housing, yet look where we are now.

Those are features that apply to everyone, are game changing enough to sell expansions, and can be easily monetized with additional gem store content while not creating an inherent workload increase going forward. Think about it, adding a 6th race would not only require an upfront resource sink, but also lead to an additional 20% cost/workload every single time a new piece of armor had to be rigged or a player character voiceline had to be recorded going forward. Like a new race would obviously be cool, but it'd also be something that only benefits 1/6 of the playerbase (assuming equal playrates between races, which is just never happening in a game where already 40% of all characters are human) while sucking resources from everything else in perpetuity. It's an incredibly unrealistic thing to expect.

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Aint all the dwarfs still stone?

It's kind of iffy. Too much magic in the game to tell if it is a forever thing and those naughty wizards own some non-stone dwarves as test subjects. Some dwarves could have also escaped the ritual that turned the dwarves into stone such as Lhyr did. I suppose it would all hinge on the writers. Something of note is that Primordus was the head of the destroyers, which the dwarves were at war with. The dragon magic have stabilized. The motives of the dwarves will need to shift as the destroyers disappear.

On 7/14/2024 at 12:09 AM, Vavume.8065 said:

I do appreciate that, but to me this is in an entirely different category. The thing is that there are waaaaaaaaay more players that are/will be happy with housing and especially mounts. So there is a MUCH bigger benefit there compared to the resource cost spent on it. It also makes the game more attractive for many other players to try it out. Playable Kodan and/or Tengu, I would put money on it, doesn't have nearly the same amount of benefit to the game and yet it does cost a big chunk of resources. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 1:56 PM, Chaos God.1639 said:

they could also add a race that can shapeshift from a human form into another when they are in combat. all human armor and animations can be reused for this.

They already did, they're called norn.😉

From oversized humans to bears, wolves, ravens and so on. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

They already did, they're called norn.😉

From oversized humans to bears, wolves, ravens and so on. 

Indeed; but even then this is merely switching between the original modular** character model and generic non modular models.(Bear, Wolf, Lich, Reaper, etc)

This proves that the goal from the start was to have only the Charr, Norn, Sylvari, Asura, Humans as their only playable races.

These sub races  are ONLY there to add to the world building/ lore /enrich it further. The transform(combat) Tonics are there to give players(if they want to) the option to live out their alternate cosplay/RP fantasy.... but not exactly; call it a temporal rather then a permanent experience.(its either time-limited/cd or if combat tonic; lose transformation upon KO..... Ok that's not entirely true; if you wanna chill as a Quaggan in LA for 24H, nobody will stop ya)

I dare say they started to add a lot more combat tonics after reading requests/comments on forum. Its not personal hand-tailored transformations of course, but its better then nothing. .

A Bonus for the fans if you will.

If they did decide to add a completely new race this year there would be consequences.

If you look at some other topics in regards to graphical bugs; people would end up making the list of clipping problems with various armor pieces even longer + extra resources needed for additional VA, personal story creation, Re-aligning stuff/systems from previous expansions to work with a completely new race; and that's likely the tip of the iceberg.

**as in ability to change armor pieces and the changes would be shown real-time for instance

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607

• 5 weeks later...

I am waiting for Kodan playable race for years since i first met them in basic game, not having them in Janthir wilds launch broke me. Its now or never for us. I truly hope it happens. give us Kodans, both polar bear and the janthir wild ones.

• Thanks 1