Request: Please add glyphs to the Eldritch Horror gathering tools

Posted (edited)

The deluxe and ultimate packs make no sense without glyphs included with tools. I have a lot of infinite gathering tools and will only get more if they include glyphs because the cost of buying glyphs for them is exorbitant. For me it's the difference between an ultimate and standard edition and I will probably only end up getting the standard edition if there isn't a change.

Edited by Graymatter.4723
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)

I think, a few glyphs like "overload", "alchemy" are nice value but less cost. U can get them in tp... But then again, I'm also greedy... If anet gives free glyphs, I'm not the one to say no.... Sadly, prepurchase is already done ... Less possibility for them to give me extra stuff for an already purchased bundle

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I think, a few glyphs like "overload", "alchemy" are nice value but less cost. U can get them in tp... But then again, I'm also greedy... If anet gives free glyphs, I'm not the one to say no.... Sadly, prepurchase is already done ... Less possibility for them to give me extra stuff for an already purchased bundle

It's not free. You are literally paying for them alongside everything else included in either the deluxe or ultimate versions

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Another thing to consider:  how fast is the animation for these gathering tools? 

Some people in chat claimed that the last strike was taking a long time to finish.

Side note: You can't upgrade from the Standard Edition to the Deluxe Edition in-game? :classic_blink:

• Confused 2

The deluxe version is always a bad deal. Just buy the standard edition, or if you want to buy gems anyway, then you get the entire deluxe package for free by buying the expac + 4000 gems bundle. They offer the deluxe edition so that you see the ultimate edition and think "I should buy this better, more expensive one".

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Some people in chat claimed that the last strike was taking a long time to finish.

Less so with the logging tool which does a more traditional slap-slap-slap, but the mining one goes slapslap—slap. It's faster if you cancel the animation after the first two hits and press F again. I think as long as you animation cancel, it is faster than some other tools.

The foraging one seems really fast, you can stop the animation almost half-way through. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

The deluxe version is always a bad deal. Just buy the standard edition, or if you want to buy gems anyway, then you get the entire deluxe package for free by buying the expac + 4000 gems bundle. They offer the deluxe edition so that you see the ultimate edition and think "I should buy this better, more expensive one".

I get that but even as part of the ultimate edition this is uninspiring. If I get the ultimate then I would need to buy 3 glyphs. The bid price on the TP for a glyph of volatility is 423g (it's over 700 buy price). 3 of those would cost 1269g which is 3135 gems if converted (gold->gems). It would save me money to buy some gems and then get the items included with the deluxe compared to buying the deluxe and then getting the glyphs. That's crazy. If I got ultimate and then converted all the gems into gold to buy the three glyphs, I wouldn't have enough gold to get 3 glyphs of volatility.

A much better option is to get standard, buy some gems and buy a 3 pack of gathering tools that include glyphs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Most of those other glyphs are basically placeholders. It would take you something like 150k gathers to cover the cost of a glyph of leatherworking, as an example. There isn't a point in buying them. I have bought a bunch of placeholder glyphs for my extra tools and swore never to make the mistake again of getting a set without a selectable glyph. You may as well run without one on those cases.

• Like 1

Is "glyphs of volatile" still a good one? I mean, we can just get tons of volatile magic by exchanging eternal ice. 

Some peeps call glyphs of alchemy a placeholder glyph.... When u can just equip it on a mining tool and go to arah map and all the mithril nodes will give you orichalcum.

I usually use the glyph of overload to get extra metabolic and utility primer plants from home instance... So much worth it

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Is "glyphs of volatile" still a good one? I mean, we can just get tons of volatile magic by exchanging eternal ice. 

Some peeps call glyphs of alchemy a placeholder glyph.... When u can just equip it on a mining tool and go to arah map and all the mithril nodes will give you orichalcum.

I usually use the glyph of overload to get extra metabolic and utility primer plants from home instance... So much worth it

Glyph of volatility is the best in terms of gold by quite a big margin, but it is also more expensive. The issue is more that some gathering tools have the option of including the glyph of volatility. In your example, glyph of alchemy is 130g (bid). You make an extra 56 copper for each ore that you mine (mithril to orichalcum). It would take 23214 gathers to pay back the gold to buy a glyph of alchemy. Lets look at glyph of volatility. The bid price there is now 423g so buying one on the trading post would pay back in just over 20000 gathers. But that isn't the real story. There is no point in buying them on the trading post. You are better off waiting until one of the infinite gathering tools that includes it go on sale on the TP. Without a sale, a set of 3 costs 1084g or 361g each. That is already cheaper than buying the 3 glyphs on the TP, and you get a free set of gathering tools thrown in. On the typical sale (2160 gems), it would cost 867g for a set of 3 which is 289g each. That is a much quicker pay off in terms of gathers (13.7k), you get a full set of infinite tools included, and you don't have to wait for someone to sell it to you.

Ultimately the point is that getting these without glyphs makes the deluxe and ultimate packs not really worth getting. Sure you get a character slot and identity repair kit thrown in but why bother when you can buy them separately and get them for cheaper than buying the ultimate and having to buy the glyphs on the trading post. Perhaps if they increased the drop rate of glyphs from the BL chests then that may change in the future but we aren't there at the moment.

Fixed grammer
  • Like 7

The Ultimate edition is still worth getting. You get the expac, plus 4000 gems, plus the Deluxe upgrades. It costs the same as the expac, plus 4000 gems. You get the Deluxe upgrades for free. That includes a character slot, a decoration, 3 unbreakable tools with new animations, and an identity repair kit. That's all free value, and there's something that just about everyone will want in there.

The unbreakable tools are amazing QoL if you don't own any yet. If you intend to get Volatile glyphs eventually anyway, then this will sadly not save you any money, though. But you're still getting free value in the character slot at the very least. And the other stuff has non-zero value to most players, too.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, frazazel.7501 said:

The Ultimate edition is still worth getting. You get the expac, plus 4000 gems, plus the Deluxe upgrades. It costs the same as the expac, plus 4000 gems. You get the Deluxe upgrades for free. That includes a character slot, a decoration, 3 unbreakable tools with new animations, and an identity repair kit. That's all free value, and there's something that just about everyone will want in there.

The unbreakable tools are amazing QoL if you don't own any yet. If you intend to get Volatile glyphs eventually anyway, then this will sadly not save you any money, though. But you're still getting free value in the character slot at the very least. And the other stuff has non-zero value to most players, too.

This is the way. The Ultimate Edition is worth it only if you plan to eventually buy 4000 gems anyway, since you'll be getting the character slot, the table, the kits, and the QOL of unlimited tools if you don't have them, included for no extra cost. Sadly, I agree with @Graymatter.4723 that the Deluxe Edition is a dud for what you get versus the extra cost. 

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

This is the way. The Ultimate Edition is worth it only if you plan to eventually buy 4000 gems anyway, since you'll be getting the character slot, the table, the kits, and the QOL of unlimited tools if you don't have them, included for no extra cost. Sadly, I agree with @Graymatter.4723 that the Deluxe Edition is a dud for what you get versus the extra cost. 

Even with ultimate it's not worth it. The best way to look at this is by looking at your gain in "account value" in terms of gems. I am not sure how to add a table here but here is a list:

Deluxe will give you an account value gain of 4200 gems for $50:

• Character Slot - 800 gems
  • Unbreakable Tools - 2400 gems
  • Identity Repair Kit - 1000 gems

Ultimate will give you 8200 gems for $75:

• Raw gems - 4000 gems

If we buy standard and gems for a total of $60 and then buy the individual components we get a gain of 7922 gems at bid price or 10466 gems at buy now price :

• Glyphs - 4722 gems at bid price or 7267 gems at buy now price

If we buy standard and gems for a total of $75 (same price as ultimate) and then buy the individual components we get a gain of 9122 gems at bid price or 11666 gems at buy now price :

• Raw gems - 1200 gems

So, for the same price as ultimate, we get better value by buying gems with the difference and then getting the volatile gathering set or one of the sets that includes a set of selectable glyphs. The value of the glyphs just completely outweighs everything else.

If a set of selectable glyph boxes was included then I would get 3 ultimate packs in a heartbeat (for me and my 2 kids). Without it, I will wait and see but probably get 3 standard editions.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

The ultimate only looks good when you compare it to the deluxe but you would still be better off buying the standard edition and then gems for the difference and getting the volatile gathering tools. See my other post or the calculations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Zaviamoon.4569 said:

You get more than you have listed you get character slot plus level 80 boost plus an extra shared inventory slot plus the identity repair kit plus the tools plus the 4000 gems and title and the table.

I included the character slot. You get the shared inventory slot (including the boost) with the the standard edition too and also the title. Yes, you do get the table but I can't put a value on that because it doesn't have one.

On 6/5/2024 at 1:09 PM, brakheart.1407 said:

It's not free. You are literally paying for them alongside everything else included in either the deluxe or ultimate versions

It's not free indeed but for 25 bucks (2000 gems) you get:

• character slot - 800 gems
  • identity repair kit - 1000 gems
  • infinite gathering tools - 2700 gems

So a total of 4500 gems for the price of 2000 gems. That's a 55% discount compared to regular prices and then people expect glyphs in there as well. Sorry but I don't see the lack of glyphs as nonsensical. 

Having said that, Anet's alwasy had a strange policy towards infinite gathering tools. They charge the same price for tools with and without glyphs. So yeah, that's something odd that they might want to address but that's a different story.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

Even with ultimate it's not worth it. The best way to look at this is by looking at your gain in "account value" in terms of gems. I am not sure how to add a table here but here is a list:

• Raw gems - 4000 gems

If we buy standard and gems for a total of $60 and then buy the individual components we get a gain of 7922 gems at bid price or 10466 gems at buy now price :

If we buy standard and gems for a total of $75 (same price as ultimate) and then buy the individual components we get a gain of 9122 gems at bid price or 11666 gems at buy now price :

• Raw gems - 1200 gems

So, for the same price as ultimate, we get better value by buying gems with the difference and then getting the volatile gathering set or one of the sets that includes a set of selectable glyphs. The value of the glyphs just completely outweighs everything else.

If a set of selectable glyph boxes was included then I would get 3 ultimate packs in a heartbeat (for me and my 2 kids). Without it, I will wait and see but probably get 3 standard editions.

This assessment only works if you will never buy gems in the future. If you eventually buy 4000 worth of gems to spend on other stuff, then it doesn't matter how you get the glyphs. In the long run, anything else included in the Deluxe Edition would be extra value added to the gems you buy later. Actually even less than 4000 gems; whatever the difference is between 4000 gems and what you end up spending on your fancy gathering tools.

Plus I have better things to spend gems on than glyphs or tools, like skins! But that's a different conversation.

• Like 1

I still haven't figured out why they haven't added glyphs/glyph selection to tools/toolsets that don't have them. Given a choice (with 0 price difference) between NO effect and SOME effect (getting a few extra currency or materials, or changing the tier of materials, or gathering faster or more nodes at once), isn't some effect always better? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

The ultimate only looks good when you compare it to the deluxe but you would still be better off buying the standard edition and then gems for the difference and getting the volatile gathering tools. See my other post or the calculations.

Your calculations assume you're buying glyphs off the TP (which you should never do), instead of just buying volatile tools on the gemstore. Buy the ultimate edition, and then also buy fresh volatile tools, and you'll be just as well off, except you'll also have the stuff from the deluxe upgrade as a bonus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

• Raw gems - 4000 gems

• Raw gems - 1200 gems

Im a bit confused by your post...

if u buy standard for 25$

and u spend remaining 50$ to buy extra gems => 4000 gems

and buy unbreakable tools worth 2400 gems,

u have 1600 gems on hand

now if u want volatile glyphs for all 3 tools 452(buy bid price) x3 => 1356gold (5010 gems using gem to gold conversion)

now u NEED extra 3410 gems to finish your transaction

and i didnt even factor the 800 gem worth character slot(if u need that too, u now need extra 4210 gems)

(ignore the decoration table for homestead too if u plan on getting standard)

how will this fit into your plan of

So, for the same price as ultimate, we get better value by buying gems with the difference and then getting the volatile gathering set or one of the sets that includes a set of selectable glyphs.

idk.. am i missing something very obvious here?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

Your calculations assume you're buying glyphs off the TP (which you should never do), instead of just buying volatile tools on the gemstore. Buy the ultimate edition, and then also buy fresh volatile tools, and you'll be just as well off, except you'll also have the stuff from the deluxe upgrade as a bonus.

Funny enough before they announced the expac I was thinking to myself, that I'd like to get ultimate edition thi year to get myself gems for 2 sets of infinit tools with glyph choice packs on sale prices......

But yeah, I'd say that math is not mathing, ultimate edition means expac base package + 50$ worth of gems, + deluxe goodies, at the price of base package + 50$. That is not going to somehow magically make buying base expac package + gems somehow being able to provide better value on regard of trying to count "worth" of glyphs on tp price converted to gems. Buying base expack package + 50$ worth of gems gives straight away base expac package and gems, buying ultimate bundle, at the same pricetag adds additional goodies ontop of it. No amount of math gymnastics is going to change that.

• Like 2