No changes to the "Into the Spider's Lair" meta

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Your theory does not match the reality. It's not about the theoretical capability of players in finding that info. It's about the fact that most players just never think they should look for it in the first place. Again, you may find it unbelievable, but that's how it is - huge majority of players do not ever think about looking up any info about builds and gearing. That's true in most MMORPG games (well, not just MMORPG ones, even - just look at more recent Diablo titles), actually - here it's just more visible, because, first, GW2 has playerbase that's more casual on average from other MMORPGs on the market, and, second, both gearing and  trait system are far more complex in depth than they appear on the surface, and bad/good choices have a much bigger impact on overall effectiveness.

In short, it's not like players can't find the answers to their questions. It's that they aren''t asking the right questions in the first place.

Your perceived "reality" is just your speculation, unless you somehow actually know the reasoning behind the player decisions/gameplay choices in connection with some rather specific statistics. Last time -recently- you mentioned still super popular full soldier builds, the request for any source remained unanswered, so I have my doubts here as well. You don't know if any of those players think about looking for any builds. Not only that, but I didn't even write only about "looking out builds" -if anything, I specifically outlined that's not needed in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Your theory does not match the reality. It's not about the theoretical capability of players in finding that info. It's about the fact that most players just never think they should look for it in the first place. Again, you may find it unbelievable, but that's how it is - huge majority of players do not ever think about looking up any info about builds and gearing. That's true in most MMORPG games (well, not just MMORPG ones, even - just look at more recent Diablo titles), actually - here it's just more visible, because, first, GW2 has playerbase that's more casual on average from other MMORPGs on the market, and, second, both gearing and  trait system are far more complex in depth than they appear on the surface, and bad/good choices have a much bigger impact on overall effectiveness.

In short, it's not like players can't find the answers to their questions. It's that they aren''t asking the right questions in the first place.

I agree with you that this is highly likely the situation

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Maybe anet could encourage players to learn about builds by creating open world content that becomes much easier once they have done so. Maybe something with a big spider like thing or something . . .

otoh I don't buy the argument from the guy talking about everyone doing 40k dps either though. That's the equivalent of a casual open world player complaining they won't change their build for raids bc they like the way their weapon looks ; p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/9/2024 at 11:46 PM, Hsanrb.1570 said:

I prefer my 4.1k dps over 3m and I'm not going to change... and this meta is just fine for me so idk what this thread is all about. I win some, I lose some, but I have 100% fun.

The thread is (in part) about people like you, not contributing to killing the boss and expecting others, who actually invested some of their time to learn the game, to do the work for you 🙂 pretty sure this was a troll comment just baiting for this kind of response, so here you go, feast on it. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, GBEW.6248 said:

you are complaining about something in the open world as being impossible? the hell why does this happen every release. everything in the open world has always been super easy and very doable. this is a very easy mmo. 

Goes to show that you didn't read anything that has been discussed here. But nice of you to drop your opinion ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Did it twice successfully but i will never do it again. It feels like a old chewing gum. Streched in length and totaly overtuned HP and break bars. Completely unfun for me.

Edited by dugbork.8195
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Can someone explain me why the Deep World Class Fishing node at the pond showing up after the meta requires 750 fishing power? Is that a joke? How can I reach that fishing power at a small pond? 

Food plus grouping on a skiff. You don’t need to hit 750 though, I think 500-600 will make it easier

It is too high though

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Food plus grouping on a skiff. You don’t need to hit 750 though, I think 500-600 will make it easier

It is too high though

It is shallow water, very limited area to set Skiff (only 1 skiff maybe) it is not lake, as I said it is very small pond and instance is not staying forever. I could get 6 fishes at the last time, then instance was closed and almost broke my keyboard while I was trying to catch. I’m sorry but I cannot see any good faith here. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Can someone explain me why the Deep World Class Fishing node at the pond showing up after the meta requires 750 fishing power? Is that a joke? How can I reach that fishing power at a small pond? 

There's a food that gives you party stacks. So, you could theoretically use that food to get higher stacks for those 5-6 fishing attempts. Yes, that does seem dumb to me, but apparently someone at Anet thought otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

It is shallow water, very limited area to set Skiff (only 1 skiff maybe) it is not lake, as I said it is very small pond and instance is not staying forever. I could get 6 fishes at the last time, then instance was closed and almost broke my keyboard while I was trying to catch. I’m sorry but I cannot see any good faith here. 

I'm not sure what point your making to me here since I'm in full agreement with you. I showed how to get close to it since that was your question, but yes it is a silly amount to be reaching towards. Asa big fan of fishing, having fishing power that high is absurd

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

It is to please the nr must go up crowd.

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2024 at 5:13 PM, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

This just ilustrates how the people that once made this game have one, if not the best, open world content out there has already left or are in positions where they cannot do their best work. 

This. So much this. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

For the past week I have been trying to get this done every single day. Yesterday alone I played through 11 attempts. Not a single success even with people tagging up and giving detailed fight instructions. Not only is there a visual overload (Everything is red, black, and brown: from the room and the portals to the enemies and the spell effects.) but people don't get the chance to quickly retry after a failure because the fight is locked behind a series of events that take a long time to complete just to have one attempt at Eparch. Most players are understandably frustrated and time-strapped so they leave after a failure and the squad fills up with new players - thus the cycle of disappointment begins anew.

I'm sure this will eventually be nerfed, just like every other badly designed meta boss has been, but it's a bit sad that I had to go through Youtube and try to find a playthrough of the event that showed the successful canon ending with the person recording it not blabbing too much over the in-game dialogue. Considering that the instanced Eparch fight is meant to be a continuation of the canonical ending of that open world event, this was a let down.

Can't wait to see (or rather, not see!) what bit of story will be hidden behind a subpar open world fight in Janthir.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Done it a few times, I don't like how spongey they made so many bosses. It's just boring, there are not enough mechanics going on to make it interesting for a fight that long. That goes for the meta, the strikes and the fractal that released with SOTO. 

I do reasonable damage but I honestly can't blame people going brain afk because it's just boring whaling on an oversized target dummy with a handful of mechanics going on around it.

Edited by Aelin.9317
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1