Legendary Trinkets - Aurora and Vision Insane grind, should be free

No, Aurora and Vision should not be free. Each of those items are great incentives to play LS3/4 content. I enjoyed playing through that content and it kept me engaged. I just wish I had waited until the 'Return' content came out, since it gave out a lot of stuff that helps with the progress for both Vision and Aurora.

Get over your desire for instant gratification and play the content. Chip away at it a little each day. It's meant to keep you engaged and keep you playing. If you want to play a game that you can complete everything in the entire game in one day, go play Call of Duty. This game is meant to keep you playing for months, years even. Vision and Aurora (and any other legendary) are one of the ways the devs keep us playing their game even after almost 12 years.

• Like 1

Why on earth would Anet make the two OW PvE legendary earrings(accessories) free when those two are the only legendary earrings(accessories) available, with no alternatives available from another gamemode?

Aurora/Vision are also fast/ez. Aurora has a 14 day timegate (that you can do ahead of time) with Wayfarer's Henge and Vision has a ~7 day timegate (that can also be done ahead of time) with the one istan observatory quest chain thing. Most difficult part of both is the achievements, but that's what hidden achievement and regular achievement guides and/or WvW (which you can use to get 2x legendary rings at 5-6weeks timegate each) is for.

May I suggest mobile autoplay games or certain KMMOs with autohunt or pure p2w if you really want to not play a game that badly but still get rewarded?

• Like 2

I really don't understand why they want to have everything for free. The game loses its meaning, goes to an offline game and downloads a mod to get things done. My god, lazy people, go play FPS, Mine Craft, MMORPG is not for you.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Das Boot.9627 said:

I really don't understand why they want to have everything for free. The game loses its meaning, goes to an offline game and downloads a mod to get things done. My god, lazy people, go play FPS, Mine Craft, MMORPG is not for you.

Just a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if the intersection with people that crave housing is rather big. You know, less playing the actual game, more time for the Minecraft/The Sims simulator. Might be wrong though, who knows....

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with doing the things to get the thing. If you don't want to do the things, you don't get the thing. Legendary items are supposed to be long(er) term goals. It's like Nevermore. I wanted it but I didn't really want to do fractals. But I really wanted Nevermore...so I did the fractals instead of complaining about it on the forum and guess what? I have Nevermore now. 

PS: Nash, I want housing, so please stop being so derisive.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/13/2024 at 6:41 PM, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Did we hear anyone whine about the version2 ?

Yes, yes they did.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/137907-astral-ward-mage-armor-set-should-absolutely-not-be-grindy/

Edit: though the subject is more based on Astral ward mage armor than legendary armor itself it is still part of the requirements for legendary armor.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Added more context
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Most difficult part of both is the achievements,

Personal mild disagree here - for me the most difficult part of those two is getting and holding onto that full stack of mystic coins ;)

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Why on earth would Anet make the two OW PvE legendary earrings(accessories) free when those two are the only legendary earrings(accessories) available, with no alternatives

Hmm people already are proposing a PvE ring (some say that it should drop from the Raids).

So they could ask the same with Trinkets

But i find it funny , that we dont see the same people telling them "NO" and "You dont need it"  and "you should instead get  get the PvP version"

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Hmm people already are proposing a PvE ring (some say that it should drop from the Raids).

So they could ask the same with Trinkets

But i find it funny , that we dont see the same people telling them "NO" and "You dont need it"  and "you should instead get  get the PvP version"

Well if you read past the OP you would have seen they did.

On 6/9/2024 at 11:20 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Anet already announced a legendary spear and backpack. Maybe you want to read up on a new expansion before making assumptions?

Also you can buy precursors from the TP so you can make multiple ones just the same. 

On 6/10/2024 at 3:30 AM, firedragon.8953 said:

With Wing 8 coming, I definitely think it was a missed opportunity, even if the ring was an open world collection. If the stacking effects created a new effect, people may have been inspired to complete the other trinket collections, including coalescence.

About your spvp comment that I think meant wvw here you go.

On 6/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, Kitty.4806 said:

Just do wvw. I'm a raider and I've been doing wvw for 5 hours a week for like 2 months and I almost have conflux. Is ezpz

On 6/10/2024 at 9:20 PM, PetrLivingLife.8516 said:

I got 2x conflux in like 3 months? Dont know exactly, I didnt measure it, just tried to go for weeklies plus semi idle pip farm for diamong on 2nd monitor. So from that point of view ee dont really need it. But sure if enough people would want it, why not. Having options is great.

On 6/11/2024 at 12:30 AM, Sindust.7059 said:

I got conflux in 2 weeks during the wvw restructuring beta event with the 100% reward track boost, all the boosters imaginable in addition to that, and unlocking the guildrider warclaw reward track that gives you a huge amount of skirmish tickets half way through. It was the dumbest and least fun grind that I ever did in any MMO ever, so waiting for an event and stacking all boosters was the only way I would even consider attempting it. If it was an option, I would have very much preferred a 6 months PvE grind over this.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well if you read past the OP you would have seen they did.

Haha , but not the same scale , when people are asking about something like OW legendary , less tedious Skyscale Collection or  reduce the grind or OW trinkets .

Theres something about OW , that irks people , xaxax

Thankfully the company , see these things as oprotunities that can lead "making people excited" , instead of high cost content

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Haha , but not the same scale , when people are asking about something like OW legendary , less tedious Skyscale Collection or  reduce the grind or OW trinkets .

Theres something about OW , that irks people , xaxax

Thankfully the company , see these things as oprotunities that can lead "making people excited" , instead of high cost content

The reason it is not on the same scale is because the people asking for it to be put in raids are not on the same scale as open world players requests for the opposite.

• Like 1

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

The reason it is not on the same scale is because the people asking for it to be put in raids are not on the same scale as open world players requests for the opposite.

For some reason they try to boycot other modes , rather than floorish that thread with positivity .

It seem that even after 12 years , they hope that they OW should be the grindiest , so casuals join the "faster aqusition" .

The good part , that is a a great data for the Devs in GW3 , because they will face the same problems

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

For some reason they try to boycot other modes , rather than floorish that thread with positivity .

It seem that even after 12 years , they hope that they OW should be the grindiest , so casuals join the "faster aqusition" .

The good part , that is a a great data for the Devs in GW3 , because they will face the same problems

Strange that they also seem to go for open world legendaries without a fuss when there is no other choice and defend that said items should be from the original content instead of making it easier to aquire.

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Is this directed at me? Why I am being quoted in this thread? I didn't post here.
I don't know what spvp comment you are referring to.

Sorry, I get it now. You were directing that question at killthehealersffs and not me, but quoting a conversation from another thread. Apologies. I am confusion!

Anyway, I'll pay my 2 cents about why we need another PvE ring (for killthehealersffs). The issue isn't that the WvW ring is too hard (I already have all the tickets and GoBs needed to craft it), it's that I want a cooler/more complete animation. The PvE ring and associated accessories are the only trinkets that have a stacking effect animation. Getting a single stat selectable ascended ring is also incredibly easy and fast with living world currencies, so I'm willing to hold out a bit longer in hopes for an updated trinket cosmetic.

And well, since I'm here...  No, I don't think Auroa and Vision should be free. They are legendries that have legendary quests/journeys. Honestly, I think more legendries should be like this rather than just throwing mats at a crafting station. More legendary trinkets should also be added to WvW and sPvP. I think full sets should be available in each of the 3 games modes (WvW, sPvP, PvE).

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

Personal mild disagree here - for me the most difficult part of those two is getting and holding onto that full stack of mystic coins 😉

Mystic coins (or, more precisely, clovers) have been a main blocker for me since at least several legendaries back. Yes, this can be bypassed by piling on a ton of gold, but since that results in spending lot of it on a single thing (instead of piecemeal, sprinkled all over), even if overall cost is the same it has a different psychological weight to it.

• Confused 4

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well, that's because raiding community is not on the same scale as OW players.

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Mystic coins (or, more precisely, clovers) have been a main blocker for me since at least several legendaries back. Yes, this can be bypassed by piling on a ton of gold, but since that results in spending lot of it on a single thing (instead of piecemeal, sprinkled all over), even if overall cost is the same it has a different psychological weight to it.

tbh I have been able to get enough clovers from wvw tracks, drizzlewood, and now WV that I didn't quite yet run into that particular problem, the issue with aurora specifically if that anytime I get halfway through acquiring the mystic coins, there is something fancy in gem store and I go liquify all my mats to get enough gold for gems to get that thing..... so yeah getting and holding onto is my big problem that is the cause for why I don't yet have aurora, and I have done all the collections during that return to event that happened after ibs but prior to eod.

3 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Where are all the people who associate someone having legit criticism about a grind with someone who wants things free right now?

Title of this thread is not legit criticism about a grind, by demand for legendary trinkets to be made free, so I am unsure what do you mean here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1