Harb is now immortal! Thanks be to CMC

Thank you Anet balance team, as always, for your expert "balance" decisions. Through your wise and well thought out changes to Harbinger, you have successfully made it immortal with high condi-output and cc. 

With changes like these, it's a wonder this game isn't the most popular on the market.

ALIEN

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

harb? in spvp its lackluster, not even that good compared to condi reaper or even scourge support. all the modern melee builds just bust thru harb 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:54 PM, GuriGashi.5617 said:

No

Pretty sure he's talking about w/e Ckod is running.

I have no idea what he figured out, but this build buffs itself with like a 16k barrier every 12s or so, and heals all damage it takes almost instantly on strikes.

W/e is going on there, clearly there is some kind of unintended interactions going on.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Pretty sure he's talking about w/e Ckod is running.

I have no idea what he figured out, but this build buffs itself with like a 16k barrier every 12s or so, and heals all damage it takes almost instantly on strikes.

W/e is going on there, clearly there is some kind of unintended interactions going on.

Blood traitline traits, just overhealing giving barrier, just wait the burst barrier out instead of trying to keep damaging

Harb regens health from the blight stacks. Max blight is pretty good regen. Blood magic has a trait where overhealing turns into barrier. Hes probably running a healing power amulet too. The relic is probably relic of the flock. Unless he found some orher healing one that procs more heals. It all adds up but yeah just your elixir heal alone is like 8k barrier with this build. Tbh if you want to be more meme you could run dagger for that life steal skill to keep that overhealing going.

Just now, Dadnir.5038 said:

Title say Harbinger, you come up with a Scourge build... Genius!

The secret sauce OP is surely bottomhurt about is the blood bank trait which is available to any Necro. Harb just gets a lot out of it due to the blight stacks healing them up, but Scourge and Reaper can both be built for tankiness as well with the same trait - the only reason you don't see many Scourges with blood bank is because it competes with transfusion which is still a great clutch res in duo/team play.

Just now, maxwelgm.4315 said:

The secret sauce OP is surely bottomhurt about is the blood bank trait which is available to any Necro. Harb just gets a lot out of it due to the blight stacks healing them up, but Scourge and Reaper can both be built for tankiness as well with the same trait - the only reason you don't see many Scourges with blood bank is because it competes with transfusion which is still a great clutch res in duo/team play.

It has always been, nothing changed since before the patch. The only sustain buff necromancer got is a reaper only buff... I mean, you can't fault the devs for doing nothing because no players were exploiting a gaping balance hole for several months.

• Like 1

I've been dicking around with some combination of Blood and Death Magic on Harbinger - something does seem weird.  In addition to the (over)healing, damage reduction seems higher than it should be based on the numbers alone, even with Death's Carapace maxed. I'm trying to figure out if Implacable Foe is bugged and extending its duration beyond the two seconds it's supposed to give.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, felincyriac.5981 said:

just wait for the 2s damage reduction buff to go then burst them down as usual? Not that hard...

Exactly you just have to kite waiting for that 2s and barrier to go down, if they used healing skill to get it, then it is a free kill. On a class with no blocks or invuln, minimum stab and no shroud hp shielding, it just takes CCs and kiting. When necro ain't an easy free kill ppl freak out xD

53 minutes ago, felincyriac.5981 said:

just wait for the 2s damage reduction buff to go then burst them down as usual? Not that hard...

thats also not a big deal that 2sec.   I always wait until their elite is down and i can easily nuke them down lol.. so im still wondering why  "harb is now immortal" xd