Infusion stacking is broken [Merged]

On 8/16/2024 at 4:57 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello all, I have an update for you! We have found the cause of this issue and are working on a way to revert the change. 

Our engineers have been investigating, but in addition to Janthir Wilds keeping everyone very busy, the issue with infusion stacking impacts other systems and made investigation more complicated. 

As we've mentioned in the past, we are always working to improve every aspect of our development processes. In this case, we made a change to help us better test particle effects, and that had an unintended effect on the way infusions behave in the live game. We are working on a fix that will revert the change to infusion stacking and allow us to keep the improved testing functionality. We won't be able to create, test, and ship that change before the August 20 game update, but we do want to get it to you as soon as we can.

I'll update you when we have a good idea of when that is--in the meantime, thank you all for your patience while we looked into this. 

Thank You Rubi for the update.

On 8/17/2024 at 1:57 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello all, I have an update for you! We have found the cause of this issue and are working on a way to revert the change. 

[...] In this case, we made a change to help us better test particle effects, and that had an unintended effect on the way infusions behave in the live game. [...]

Thank you for explaining the cause of the issue. 🙂 Highly appreciated!

Keeping my fingers crossed. 😁

2 hours ago, Sovngarde.7502 said:

This is not a Guild Wars 2 problem. This is a your graphics card problem.

It is not. You can see the same "bug" in the Janthir Wild Homestead preview when he zooms out far on the minimap. Water or void turns deep blue. This is just a missing texture there, not a client sided hardware problem. All my mates confirmed that and you can easily check it too. Zoom out the minimap in a convergence to the max and you'll see it. Or watch the PC Gamer preview of Homesteads, there is the same thing (which isn't surprising with unfinished content, but it shouldn't be there in released content).

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, AwSmCreator.6479 said:

Mine seems to be working again? I haven't tried changing maps or anything yet, but my sets with the everbloom and chak all seem to be working again. 

try removing and re-applying them.. then getting an idea of what that looks like then reload the map and see if it looks the same

• Confused 1

So after applying 6 chak 1 by 1.. I noticed different colors.. the purple orbs are normal during then.. after reloading.. those purple orbs turn into a blue color instead like they are overlapping with another color.

Changing maps messed up my infusion setup again and it went back from 8 chak 8 everbloom to 1/1. However, on the new map if I swap sets to another set then back to my 8/8 set the infusions all turn on!

So as an intermediate fix have a swap set and your infusions will work.

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2024 at 7:57 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Our engineers have been investigating, but in addition to Janthir Wilds keeping everyone very busy, the issue with infusion stacking impacts other systems and made investigation more complicated. 

As we've mentioned in the past, we are always working to improve every aspect of our development processes. In this case, we made a change to help us better test particle effects, and that had an unintended effect on the way infusions behave in the live game. We are working on a fix that will revert the change to infusion stacking and allow us to keep the improved testing functionality. We won't be able to create, test, and ship that change before the August 20 game update, but we do want to get it to you as soon as we can.

I'll update you when we have a good idea of when that is--in the meantime, thank you all for your patience while we looked into this. 

Rubi did say it wouldn't be fixed in the update today.

edit: quoting on mobile is suffering. 

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176

1 hour ago, daw.4923 said:

tested on 8x everbloom, its shows like 4 max. you can still eq them manualy but after map change/template swap they will return back to 3-4. sadge.

This, it does seem to cap. But, when I went into the meeting (first thing of the expansion) it ramps up to full power in there for some reason. 

7 hours ago, tvayisnihyaami.3180 said:

it's not fully fixed but it shows more than before. looks like it shows about 3-4 stacked (tested with chak and everbloom)

Try with just chak alone and apply them 1 by 1 and keep in mind the color of the orbs and the number of them.  After you get a good look at it, remember it and then go back to character screen and reload in.  Are the orbs a different color?  Does the number of them look different?

12 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

Try with just chak alone and apply them 1 by 1 and keep in mind the color of the orbs and the number of them.  After you get a good look at it, remember it and then go back to character screen and reload in.  Are the orbs a different color?  Does the number of them look different?

They are different colors. From what I heard, this bug caused the infusion to literally synchronize on top of each other, which is why it looks brighter when they are not correctly stacked (due to them being synchronized on top of each other). 

People are wanting for them to revert back to non-synchronized state where they show more particles. It's not showing the full stack (if you have more than 3-4 infusions) in the current state. If you apply one by one, it shows way more once you get to 8th infusion. 

Edited by tvayisnihyaami.3180

On 8/16/2024 at 7:57 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493Will there eventually be a fix for Legendary heavy raid armor/infusion bug? Dragonvoid and Mistwalker infusions do NOT currently work on Legendary raid armor.......

Edited by Unslaved.3516
@