Janthir Wilds Spear Beta Event Feedback: Mesmer [Merged]

Rubi Bayer.8493

It doesn't take much to see how precisely positioning an ability with vague marker in a fast-paced game known for visual clusterfck is such a bad idea. Glad that it's sorted out.

And Ele has their Haboob visual toned down. Hope that means Spear 5's visual is reduced slightly as well, even though it's not mentioned.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can we add a dash/teleport to Skill 3 please? Right now even though Spear has mobility, using Skill 4 to dash without 2 is pretty bad, and Skill 5 is on a long cooldown and not ideal for a mobility skill.

By adding a movement component to 3, it would complete the kit as a whole and Spear would fill perfectly both the cleaving and the mobility weapon niche that's still missing with Mesmer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 4:22 AM, Varis.5467 said:

It is also missing the 'Phantasm' skill type, and missing out on all illusion damage modifiers. 

Interesting. The Phantasm skill from Rifle doesn't receive the modifier from Empowered Illusions in the tooltip as well, even though it has the "Phantasm" tag. 

Can anyone test if we're actually missing 15% damage on Spear/Rifle Phantasm?

1 hour ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Interesting. The Phantasm skill from Rifle doesn't receive the modifier from Empowered Illusions in the tooltip as well, even though it has the "Phantasm" tag. 

Also the phantasms from spear 5 proc fencer's finesse. Pretty weird.

7 hours ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

Also the phantasms from spear 5 proc fencer's finesse. Pretty weird.

I think it would be a good thing if spear was fully compatible with fencer's finesse stacks so that you could effectively run spear+GS, even if its damage had to be nerfed to compensate. It's kinda sad to always be pigeonholed into sword on any power mesmer build.

On 9/3/2024 at 9:25 AM, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

It does not look like any bonus is added based on the behavior of its tooltip. Modified damage and any added effect from traits usually has its font colour changed to a light blue in the skill detail. 

The Spear Phantasm's damage number remains the usual grey as with any unmodified skill. 

On 9/4/2024 at 3:07 PM, Varis.5467 said:

It does not look like any bonus is added based on the behavior of its tooltip. Modified damage and any added effect from traits usually has its font colour changed to a light blue in the skill detail. 

The Spear Phantasm's damage number remains the usual grey as with any unmodified skill. 

I haven’t actually tested it but I wouldn’t go by the tooltip visual. It has often been the case in the past that traits were applied correctly even though the tooltip didn‘t properly adjust.

Maybe I remember to test it when I play later today.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

I haven’t actually tested it but I wouldn’t go by the tooltip visual. It has often been the case in the past that traits were applied correctly even though the tooltip didn‘t properly adjust.

Maybe I remember to test it when I play later today.

That would be absolutely fantastic. Champion 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few question about the mesmer changes:

- Ether Barrage: The conditions inflicted by this skill are no longer random. This skill will apply 3 stacks of torment and 2 stacks of confusion per use. Increased the torment and confusion durations from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. Is this increase still only for the mesmer and not the clones, do they still have halfed duration on conditions?

Mirage Advance: This skill now dazes enemies that it strikes. Is this INSTEAD of the blind or with it, I am not sure if it is clear.

I just want to see you use reactively a 3/4s cast skill to effectively interrupt anything btw...

• Thanks 1