Where is my Spear Skin?

36 minutes ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

There is no spear skin in the Lunar Astrolabe Box. Why is that?

Because this weapon set was introduced before Janthir Wilds (with land spears) were announced.

Anet started to add spear skins to weapons ets again after the announcement of JW.

38 minutes ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

How many other weapon boxes are missing spears/harpoons/harpoon gun skins?

Short after release new weapon sets started not including underwater weapons anymore.

I think the Tequatl set is the last one released with underwater weapons.
As said, they recently started adding spears for new sets again (because of JW), but not the other underwater weapons.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

There is no spear skin in the Lunar Astrolabe Box. Why is that? How many other weapon boxes are missing spears/harpoons/harpoon gun skins?

There are quite a few like that. At some point, like kiroho said, they stopped adding underwater weapon skins because underwater content wasn't popular at all. However, now that the spear is being reintroduced as also a land weapon, they will be adding spear skins again to weapon sets. Still no harpoon guns or tridents however. They also said that they would only look forward and not backward meaning they won't be retroactively adding spears to existing sets.

There are issues with that, particularly for the Gen 3 legendary weapon set which is a themed set. There are threads about that one. I understand that adding stuff to existing collections/achievements is a lot more work, so personally I hope that they will add at leasst some spears for older sets in a new spear set collection or even via the gemstore if it must be.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

There are quite a few like that. At some point, like kiroho said, they stopped adding underwater weapon skins because underwater content wasn't popular at all. However, now that the spear is being reintroduced as also a land weapon, they will be adding spear skins again to weapon sets. Still no harpoon guns or tridents however. They also said that they would only look forward and not backward meaning they won't be retroactively adding spears to existing sets.

There are issues with that, particularly for the Gen 3 legendary weapon set which is a themed set. There are threads about that one. I understand that adding stuff to existing collections/achievements is a lot more work, so personally I hope that they will add at leasst some spears for older sets in a new spear set collection or even via the gemstore if it must be.

How incredibly un-cool and lazy of them. I swear it seems like they cut so many small corners and shoot for the low hanging fruit that'll bring in the most cash. It's SO depressing. I'm disappointed that the weapon box I bought from the wizards vault doesn't have a spear skin. I did buy the expansion, so I do support Anet, just not thrilled with decisions like the bolded above. Heck I played and gave feedback in the gw1 beta, so i've been a supporter for a long time but man, decisions like this make me sad and rub me the wrong way.

• Confused 11

Posted (edited)

The vast majority do not have the three UW skins. They started cutting them sometime before HoT (I think). We have had a smattering since, most most black lion sets for example do not have them. I think it coincided when they started draining some starter maps of underwater sections and removed it entirely from pvp maps

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

How incredibly un-cool and lazy of them. I swear it seems like they cut so many small corners and shoot for the low hanging fruit that'll bring in the most cash. It's SO depressing. I'm disappointed that the weapon box I bought from the wizards vault doesn't have a spear skin. I did buy the expansion, so I do support Anet, just not thrilled with decisions like the bolded above. Heck I played and gave feedback in the gw1 beta, so i've been a supporter for a long time but man, decisions like this make me sad and rub me the wrong way.

I really wish you were wrong.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

How incredibly entitled and rude of you. They're going to be adding new spear skins from here on out. That's a VERY good thing. That means that they are confident in the game's longevity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

How incredibly entitled and rude of you. They're going to be adding new spear skins from here on out. That's a VERY good thing. That means that they are confident in the game's longevity.

Lol they are adding new spear skins because they have to now that (a) it will see more play and (b) the weapon is a major selling point of JW.

That does not translate to confidence in the game's longevity at all, that is a total non sequitur. It just means they are supporting JW's features because it is their current release and responsible for their revenue reports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

How incredibly un-cool and lazy of them. I swear it seems like they cut so many small corners and shoot for the low hanging fruit that'll bring in the most cash.

I mean, think of it. What's better for them and the players; to have UW skins for each set that barely anybody uses or even buys or instead having more land weapon skins players use all the time and other popular skins?

It's not that we got less UW weapon skins because Anet cut them. Anet cut them because we players didn't use them.

Legendary weapons are a good example I think. Look at how few people actually crafted an UW legy (before JW announcement), even though they have one of the cooles skins among gen 1 legies. And then look how many players crafted a legendary land weapon of your choice.

From the 440,000+ users of GW2efficiency, only 1.6% unlocked Frenzy. 2% unlocked Kraitkin and 2.6% unlocked Kamohoali'i Kotaki.
For comparison 6.2% unlocked Eternity.

20 hours ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

I did buy the expansion, so I do support Anet, just not thrilled with decisions like the bolded above. Heck I played and gave feedback in the gw1 beta, so i've been a supporter for a long time but man, decisions like this make me sad and rub me the wrong way.

I mean, this decision was made 10+ years ago.
Don't you think it's a little late to complain about it now when they started adding spear skins again?🙂 
And I mean, you haven't even recognized it for all the years, until we told you.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, Imaginos.3756 said:

So... I wonder how long you have been playing GW2 now, not realizing that they barely added any underwaterweapon skins for years and years. That's the prime example of why they stopped making them, because no one cared. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, some people DID notice when they started to leave out the underwater skins, but it simply wasn't a fight worth fighting for. The subject was quickly dropped.

I do think we'll eventually see some of the "missing" skins. Which ones will depend on if the resources used to make the rest of a set are still there and easily accessed. Also, this is a prime place to repeat the process used in the making of Eclipse, Scion's Claw, and Favor of the Colossus.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 11:39 PM, Imaginos.3756 said:

They didn't care about releasing uw skins for the same reason you didn't care for those skins before jw land spear announcement. Sounds like you should understand exactly why they made that decision?

• Like 4

On 7/2/2024 at 11:03 PM, Batalix.2873 said:

Lol they are adding new spear skins because they have to now that (a) it will see more play and (b) the weapon is a major selling point of JW.

That does not translate to confidence in the game's longevity at all, that is a total non sequitur. It just means they are supporting JW's features because it is their current release and responsible for their revenue reports.

Indeed, and they could have simply NOT added spears at all, but they did. It confirms their statement they've said before about their priority being the continued development  of GW2, hence my comment of their confidence in longevity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2