So 5 min in a chair and you are in character select now?

Do you have to move? 🤔

I was wondering if other actions count as canceling it. Just now, I am standing waiting for FE, and things keep attacking me. I can heal through it, and other people come around and kill it, taking pity on idiot poor soul running the staff power weaver because bad stubborn. Rather than moving, I'm taking the opportunity to open UI gear, use endless extractor, salvage, carpel tunnel, et al. Wondering if I do that for more than 5 min, getting kicked into combat periodically, and never move, would I log out? Or do other types of game activity count, like working your inventory, using the BLT sandwich trader, etc?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

Do you have to move? 🤔

I was wondering if other actions count as canceling it. Just now, I am standing waiting for FE, and things keep attacking me. I can heal through it, and other people come around and kill it, taking pity on idiot poor soul running the staff power weaver because bad stubborn. Rather than moving, I'm taking the opportunity to open UI gear, use endless extractor, salvage, carpel tunnel, et al. Wondering if I do that for more than 5 min, getting kicked into combat periodically, and never move, would I log out? Or do other types of game activity count, like working your inventory, using the BLT sandwich trader, etc?

For me, it has specifically been combat action that resets the timer (I don't have to move).  Just be aware, that not moving + combat = teleport by system at some point.  If you do not move then, it will escalate.

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

Do you have to move? 🤔

No, either moving or using an ability resets the timer. It's the same as the normal afk timer.

Chatting, doing stuff in your inventory or Tp and such doesn't reset the timer. You need to use a skill or move.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Chatting, doing stuff in your inventory or Tp and such doesn't reset the timer. You need to use a skill or move.

Okay, so in my case, if I was just dismantling and salvaging in my inventory, and was doing that for 5 min after something put me into and out of combat, I might all the sudden logout. Doubt I'd ever make it to 5 min doing nothing but that in that circumstance, but was just curious. Thx both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

Okay, so in my case, if I was just dismantling and salvaging in my inventory, and was doing that for 5 min after something put me into and out of combat, I might all the sudden logout. Doubt I'd ever make it to 5 min doing nothing but that in that circumstance, but was just curious. Thx both.

Not all the sudden. A minute before you get kicked, you will be spamed with a warning with the time until kick every 10 seconds.

The warning will be shown on your screen as well as in your chat box. Similar to squad messages.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1