Out of Balance Time Zones

I wouldn't say sample size is tiny. We've played the game for 12 years. Surely that's enough data to get a rough idea of what the primetimes are, don't you think?

Just because wr happened, players dont suddenly play at different times. Yes, they may play more or less, but their usual times (e.g. due to school, work, family, whatever) don't change, so neither their usual times also don't change

Edited by Custodio.6134
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

I wouldn't say sample size is tiny. We've played the game for 12 years. Surely that's enough data to get a rough idea of what the primetimes are, don't you think?

Just because wr happened, players dont suddenly play at different times. Yes, they may play more or less, but their usual times (e.g. due to school, work, family, whatever) don't change, so neither their usual times also don't change

I said sampling size is tiny since we are 6 weeks into the WR and haven't passed the first re-sort. Agree we have years of playtime but not of players forming their own servers and addressing coverage internally. Plus not sure the initial placement logic is anything more than a dartboard method of placement. As far as players adjusting their play schedule, that is still up to question. So again we are working on new data sets that may not match the same patterns that the previous servers had created. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I said sampling size is tiny since we are 6 weeks into the WR and haven't passed the first re-sort.

If they're averaging the total playing population by skirmish, the composition of individual teams doesn't matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

If they're averaging the total playing population by skirmish, the composition of individual teams doesn't matter.

Then all periods should be equal weight if composition doesn't matter. Else why weight on one period more than another?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Then all periods should be equal weight if composition doesn't matter. Else why weight on one period more than another?

I perhaps wasn't clear.  If you're reshuffling the population, the averages per skirmish are still going to be the same no matter how players are distributed to individual teams.  If Team A has 5 players and Team B has 30 during an OCX skirmish, you can reshuffle them to Team A having 20 and Team B having 15 and still end up with the same average.

As for your second question why weight one period more than another, it is because the averages are per skirmish.  The NA prime skirmish is going to have larger average population than OCX skirmish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetpulse.2089 said:

I wonder why they are called NA server? hmmm

You do realize how absolutely dumb a statement this is right ?

People can be doing a myraid of things during "Prime Time" and still be a NA player/resident and have to by virtue of life circumstances play during the same "off-hours" you're whining on about.

Please don't help the give the EU community any more ammo, they don't need more to clown on our lack of educational systems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Sweetpulse.2089 said:

I wonder why they are called NA server? hmmm

And we have how many different time zones? I mean this favors my time zone and I am still questioning it, that might be an indicator on its own. Yes?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, TexZero.7910 said:

People can be doing a myraid of things during "Prime Time" and still be a NA player/resident and have to by virtue of life circumstances play during the same "off-hours" you're whining on about.

It’s not like it matters, they have no metric to measure it by.

• Haha 3

lol, was a funny conversation tonight. Sorry but Alliances don't control player activity. Anet you do need to play with more diverse groups based on what they said about you tonight. Maybe you should spread out more and not just run in a timezone. Spent a day seeing if what was said was across groups, and it wasn't. Was told, don't tag, we cant fight that, yet when checking various time zones people wanted fights. Fights should occur in all time zones. 

And for those asking to stop fighting and just lose, sorry, if they are trying to take our stuff, that's not going to happen. We keep our stuff. Not one to just try and lose, play to win or head to spvp. But stop asking to give up and lose, you already made me grumpy, not going to happen. Keep ours, take theirs, ours up, them down. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Yeah this new WvW structure is not working for many time zones other than NA.

We have too many tiers now, the OCX player base is spread quite thinly, especially during early OCX times. (not even that many actual OCX guilds left either).

Since the start of this new WvW restructure, my server pairing has seen maybe 2 servers out of 10 ?  in early OCX that have players online...

Having a central map like EBG, so its setup the same way as EOTM in the off hours could create more content. Even leaving the same 3 EOTM team names for when we join that EBG map. (Im sure many of the players dont care what the server names are, half the time its whether we are red, green or blue..)

• could even be a reset timer in the off hours to close the EBG map off and load up this Centralised EBG map instead. (later on more instances could be added if they are full). 
  • adding the BLs in these quieter timezones if the Central EBG map works

Other than the work for ANET to implement and test it, it would be a win/win for the community

• we would get our fights, PIPS, XP, everyone would get content, rather than PVE on desert BL and seeing 3 enemies or getting mega blobbed down
  • Anet could save on server resources too during the off hours

Sadly, EOTM is just sitting there doing nothing. I think the concept of EOTM would work very well with the right maps in these quieter times.

Then ANET wouldnt need to rework the whole PPT point scoring system outside of NA times.

Edited by saturn.8190
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just not a fan of players whispering other players to just stop playing and lose being that when defending or attacking. Anet has said in various forms they are looking to encourage all to being able to focus on similar goals. Hope that pans out. We don't have reasons to win yet, but those looking to just run easy mode, sorry, go big or go home. 

• Confused 1

Eu servers are totally whack when it comes to time zones. current matchup we have our side seeming to have a prime time 2hours before another team which is dominant, so we take some stuff, but then they come online, win, but because they are still in their primetime when our teams groups start to break up....they just capture absolutely everything and spawn camp for an hour or so, everyone abandons the game on our side (and the other team in the matchup) and that one team gets double the points of both other teams combined.

and there is no way Anet can get real data on this is people can change alliance groupings when relinking.

• Like 2