Siege Wars Ludicrous Factor 10

People used to use a fare amount of siege in the past. After the latest siege supply required to build adjustment it has gotten out of hand. Take arrow carts - now you can build regular one(K-mart type) for 25 as well as Guild Arrow Carts(same damage as superior) for 25. That means a single person has the ability to build their own personal arrow cart. And boy have they been. You enter a keep and there are 20 arrow carts suddenly springing up from nowhere. And then there are the other siege options, all promoting the use of siege. Though I like the idea of making them more supply affordable I think you went a little too far. 

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

But reducing siege supply cost hasn't done anything to affect ac nerfs so no real effect here for the attackers? It's nice that defenders have a better chance to tag but that's all this change did . . .

Edited by Gop.8713
affect/effect
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

People used to use a fare amount of siege in the past. After the latest siege supply required to build adjustment it has gotten out of hand. Take arrow carts - now you can build regular one(K-mart type) for 25 as well as Guild Arrow Carts(same damage as superior) for 25. That means a single person has the ability to build their own personal arrow cart. And boy have they been. You enter a keep and there are 20 arrow carts suddenly springing up from nowhere. And then there are the other siege options, all promoting the use of siege. Though I like the idea of making them more supply affordable I think you went a little too far. 

The siege changes were clearly made with SMC in mind.  How to make it so the superstacked server can defend it more easily.  It has NOT benefitted defenders in the least.  It's not balancing attacking and defending.  It isn't making defense/defenders "feel better".  All that changed is we get fewer defense events at keeps.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Please increase the amount it costs to build siege. This past week has proven that the reductions were way too much. Increase AC cost by at least 10-15, Trebs by 20-25, Catas by 5-10, balistas 5-10, shields 5-10. We were actually siege locked in our borderland due to someone building a metric-kitten ton of siege in our garrison. We couldn't even drop a catapult on a wall at a southern tower.

• Confused 5

On 7/21/2024 at 3:38 AM, CafPow.1542 said:

Question: do 20 ACs actually do something against a proper boonball?

In most cases, no, though there are certain spots where you can place ACs where they are very hard to attack, like the ceiling of garrison or something. Otherwise, you run into the problem that it is too easy to pull and kill the operators and also siege cap is a real problem; they can just go somewhere else and you just wasted all the aupply. The other problem is you need to destroy their siege as well.

But in general you'd want to build trebs. And trebs supporting those trebs. And shield gens.

Arrow carts are best used as decoys; they go destroy that instead of real siege, and can be worth it since it is cheap.

I think there's a little hyperbole going on though. If people can build 20 acs now, they could build 14 ACs in the past. Obviously it's significant, but again siege caps and difficulty of getting critical mass damage in an area and such limit the effectiveness.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

Your ranger icon makes your post funny as hell. Fact is that rangers are the arrowcarts i wish we had. You can do 4 barrages  within a very short period of time if you build for it. On top of that your bow is the only weapon that can aim anywhere you wish too inside of keep walls, on top of walls there is no end to how powerful your bow is as a living walking arrowcart. There is no need for ac's a few rangers can take down any siege without even having to stand on top of the wall or under it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/21/2024 at 12:38 PM, CafPow.1542 said:

Question: do 20 ACs actually do something against a proper boonball?

No they don't and consider the amount of alt account i have in both EU and NA, what is described above is not the norm. And if it was this people would be shouted at in chat because using normal ac is like using a guy throwing sticks at your boonball, whilst the one on superior or guild siege actually do some sort of damage. How ever that damage any boonball can heal through without any issues. So at the most it is annoying, and whilst i think so too, that is not the issue in WvW right now.

The fact that defense inside of lords room is so much less now then it was in the past since the boonball can just tankdown in the lordsroom and burn the ground with conditions, throw an insane amount of cc but we can not hit them because BUBBLE.  THAT is a issue. It is no longer fun to fight in keeps. It was fun. Long fights, LOTS of fights, but now it goes really fast and not so often there are counters, at prime yes, outside which is the rest of the 22 hours in EU not so much. Before when there was defense a smaller group could take a shot at trying and also sometimes actually win it.

• Like 1