WvW jumping and glitching into towers and keeps

In most tiers in EU right now, there is a steady increase of jumping and glitching into objectives. After the changes to objective-contesting it is even easier to exploit cap. 

Maybe it's time to fix these exploits? Not sure if it matters much, since you don't get rewarded for winning anyways.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2024 at 4:39 PM, igmolicious.5986 said:

Has been an ongoing complaint for years now, but here's hoping that the increase in people doing it will get it some much needed dev attention.

It already is spreading since the begining of the game and worsening in a alarming rate. Even Commanders are playing every Professions thas has access to Stealth Mechanic; mainly Thief Profession, in granting access inside keeps.

Lately, many were left in the state of shock when a popular Thief Profession Commander alongide with a Mesmer Profession Commander, were able to Stealth Teleport  25+ of us inside a secured keep.

By the way, this is not an isolated matter only in WvW but has spread out to all game modes including raids.

Nothing will change until Bad Design Professions and Bad Design Mechanics/Skills/Traits/Weapons  are removed/reworked from the ground up.

It is not a matter about more people are doing it. It is a matter about how Bad Design has been giving Permission in ruining the player experience in leaving the game.

It has been the same Professions, same Mechanics, same Patterns since the begining of the game

"Don't Blame The Tool. Blame The Carpenter"

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

1. Gates, all the way to the entrance height.

2. Thief portal removed in wvw or made to only able to portal the thief.  

3. Add barrier invisible or otherwise to known exploit areas.

4. No vertical movement on thief portal, can only be horizontal movement.

• Like 4

On 7/22/2024 at 3:36 PM, randomusername.9015 said:

In most tiers in EU right now, there is a steady increase of jumping and glitching into objectives. After the changes to objective-contesting it is even easier to exploit cap. 

Maybe it's time to fix these exploits? Not sure if it matters much, since you don't get rewarded for winning anyways.

Easy fix. Inner guards and Lords are invulnerable if no gate or wall is down. If a wall/gate is down, then repaired while a battle still rages, put that condition on a 5 (?) min timer. So the lord/guards are vulnerable for 5 min after a wall is repaired (just using 5 min as an example).

Edit for the confused person: not sure how much clearer I can make it. If you disagree, then state why. If you are confused, perhaps take some English classes.

Edited by misterman.1530
Someone was confused
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

It's feature not a bug. 

Many videos was recorded, many was send during the years, not a single person caught in act got even temp hammered. 

Thief is thief, it gets into things by power of trick jumping, immersion is real here.

It's been thing from time of the ancients and it will always be a thing. Just deal with it and move on, some things will never change.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

1. Gates, all the way to the entrance height.

2. Thief portal removed in wvw or made to only able to portal the thief.  

3. Add barrier invisible or otherwise to known exploit areas.

Thief lost some pretty awesome traps to those Preparations and the most popular one gets most of its action out of combat. That would be fine if it were designed to be used for masking map travel because that's still combat adjacent at least and would fit the dynamic of the map designs. If Stealth were regulated to be more about securing a surgical opener and for map travel, that Preparation would be great for an obfuscation build as long as it didn't have anything to do with structures and would be more like the old Shadow Trap.

I don't get a lot of time to play lately so maybe I just don't see people using it elsewhere. I guess I can't speak for people who enjoy using it to get a group into structures, but I don't feel like the dynamic involving structures is all that deep or super engaging at the moment, so it just feels like its stuck being a disruptive gimmick. 

19 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

4. No vertical movement on thief portal, can only be horizontal movement.

No vertical movement on Thief Sword 2 was the suggestion that I made when I submit reports about it in the wild.

Also, exploiting terrain is a reportable offense. If you see it, screenshot it or record it, and submit a ticket through the website, not the in-game reporting tool. In my experience, website reports with good documentation have a way higher success rate than the in-game tool.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 9:36 PM, randomusername.9015 said:

Since some glitches are already 12 years old you might consider them part of the game. If Anet isn't taking action you could think it's not illegal to do so. I mean if it is illegal you take action right? It's not like they aren't documented on youtube or kept a secret to Anet. And aren't there coming new awesome rewards? I am still hoping that one dev removes all the synths in the keep and towers. We need more efficiency! The boonball must ride on

10 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

It's feature not a bug. 

So yes, it's a feature. Do what you can do with the tools you got. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its rampant on current matchup with one team abusing it to a ridiculous degree. Just turn off thief portal as you did mesmer distortion on virt when that was broken. woudl not solve all of it, but would stop a lot of it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sheff.4851 said:

No vertical movement on Thief Sword 2 was the suggestion that I made when I submit reports about it in the wild.

Also, exploiting terrain is a reportable offense. If you see it, screenshot it or record it, and submit a ticket through the website, not the in-game reporting tool. In my experience, website reports with good documentation have a way higher success rate than the in-game tool.

Thank you for the advice on what a bunch of us have been doing for years. And we see no action taken against it, because we see the same players doing it over and over. One guild, in particular, is notorious for it. And when a player is under the map, you can't target them to report them.

The only way to stop it is for Anet to implement methods to prevent it. Players do it because they can.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sheff.4851 said:

We report. We submit video evidence, pictures of them, names, advice. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. The same players are still doing it. They get a slap on the wrist and then go back to what they were doing. All we get is the standard robot reply "We know that this is...blah blah blah".  If ANET would actually fix the exploits and or punish the players severely(ie Delete the accounts or give the account a 1 year ban) these posts wouldn't keep popping up.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

We report. We submit video evidence, pictures of them, names, advice. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. The same players are still doing it. They get a slap on the wrist and then go back to what they were doing. All we get is the standard robot reply "We know that this is...blah blah blah".  If ANET would actually fix the exploits and or punish the players severely(ie Delete the accounts or give the account a 1 year ban) these posts wouldn't keep popping up.

I'm just sharing the process that I've used, that's gotten results for me. I like to add people who I report to my friends list and give them a nickname, so that I can see if they've gone on an all expenses paid ArenaNet vacation.

• Confused 1