My friend try MMORPG for the first time : day 1

The game does tend to throw a lot of ransom stuff at you during the early parts of the game, it's usually down to the player to determine its worth.

Basic rule of thumb is:

-if it can it be sold or salvaged then use these methods of lower gear as much as you like.

-check if it tied to an achievement and required later on. If not then sell/salvage/discard as you see fit.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the fact that there is armor from all 3 weights means it's not from level up rewards, and if it can't be salvaged or sold then it's most likely bought with Karma, which means it's their own fault for buying it

I think it's not their fault, according to the skins it's very likely from the chests which were added to the starter maps with the former discontiniued tutorial achievments like this one https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Enhanced_Mighty_Chestpiece

In this case you can right click + delete if you unlocked all the skins

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What's to be confused about - if it has no value, delete it.
If your friend is new to RPGs, this is just the first of many, many learning curves - don't get caught up in being worried about what to hang onto now; we all learned to scrutinize our inventory by getting rid of something we found out later we shouldn't have 😆

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I had the same thought as Schimmi - seems like it is those items. Afaik they can't be salvaged. I thought they had low dropate though. Lol. Deleting it would be best (hopefully it won't drop more later ... if the friend levels up and moves to other maps). It shouldn't have a confirmation prompt at delete. (That would be annoying ... if all the crap had one. Lol.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Obnoxa.6702 said:

What's to be confused about - if it has no value, delete it.
If your friend is new to RPGs, this is just the first of many, many learning curves - don't get caught up in being worried about what to hang onto now; we all learned to scrutinize our inventory by getting rid of something we found out later we shouldn't have 😆

That's what I was thinking too. All RPGs will throw items at you that you can't use or sell (or can't sell for much anyway). Part of learning any RPG is learning which items are actually worth keeping and what to do with the ones that aren't, but I don't think I've ever come across one that will only ever give you useful items. If nothing else you'll get items which could be useful but not for you, like weapons you can't use and the wrong type of armour.

In GW2 my process for any equipment piece goes:
* Can I use it?
* If not can I salvage it?
* If not can I sell it? (Either on the TP or to a merchant.)
* If not can I put it in the Mystic Forge?
* If not delete it.
Sometimes I'll check the Wiki just in case it has some special use, but for low level weapons and armour that's unlikely.

BTW You could also tell your friend about the bank and storing the other 3 bags they can't equip (they can use them on another character or if/when they upgrade from a free account), selling junk to merchants and mention that they'll probably only need 1 of those blue crystals (I assume it's the Energy Crystal used to open Oola's Lab), that would free up some space too.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

His bags are already small (I gave him 15 more bags), but he received a ton of gear that can't be sold or recycled.

[pic]

He is confused

As far as I remember, they come in chests (or a different type of container). If it's useless maybe he can just... stop opening them (once he unlocks each of the skins because why not) and then delete the boxes that stack per item type.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1