Poll: New WvW vs Old WvW system

Evaluation of New WvW  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Which choice best describes your feelings about WR

• I prefer the new WvW system over server.
    • I prefer the servers over the new wvw system.
    • I'm indifferent.

There is no poll showing new system is good. And also there wont be any poll showing new system is good.  We tried to explain whats horrible in that weirdo RS but nobody home. Now I just log in maybe once a week. I know so many ppl quit the game because of that RS and also there will be more. If you try to explain they will start again "join a big guild" , "make your own guild with your friends " bla bla bla and bla.. 

Edited by EstaticFear.7692
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

*Too little time to give comprehensive opinions about whether the new system is bad and the old one was good. *The old servers were even worse out of balance and there was no way to change it.
*The first positive change is stopping the constant migration of guilds.

*Finding a balance between new temporary servers will take more time.

*At the moment it is summer time, people are away from the game more.
*The large blob guilds are a direct result of Anet wanting to remove most of the boonrip to give less experienced players a chance to win in wvw. As a result we have more wvw players than ever before. Of course smallscale & roaming suffer at the moment. I think that later better balance will solve this situation.
* The best solution for the balance of time zones would be to merge the EU & NA servers into one big server, but I guess that is technically extremely difficult. However, not impossible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

On 8/6/2024 at 5:15 PM, Wolfhound.4381 said:

None of the servers have ever been home. Home is my guild, not where my guild happens to be.

I wans't in a guild, no need. My entire server was my guild. Ok I was in the community server guild, which is the server.

Now my "guild" got ripped apart. Spread in different alliances in different worlds.

Edited by Tula.6021
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2024 at 11:15 AM, Wolfhound.4381 said:

None of the servers have ever been home. Home is my guild, not where my guild happens to be.

Then you won't care about going back to Worlds! Because you have your "home" wherever the guild is.
But, for those who's "home" was their World, they have none now.

That's why shutting off this Beta is the best solution so everyone has a "home".

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Then you won't care about going back to Worlds! Because you have your "home" wherever the guild is.
But, for those who's "home" was their World, they have none now.

That's why shutting off this Beta is the best solution so everyone has a "home".

As long as the transfers stop so there are no more band wagons. Transfers only allowed in the 3rd week of the match up after which no more transfers until the next match up's 3rd week. That way ANET has time to get a good headcount before the relink. Also once the transfer happens, no pips until the next match up is live.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/8/2024 at 5:17 AM, TheIceman.1039 said:

The first positive change is stopping the constant migration of guilds

Except that is not happening, full guilds are moving team in the middle of a team match. Several friends of mine have seen it and I have now as well. A guild I know of has moved teams twice this match up, how is that remotely acceptable; why are CS even allowing it? At least the old way if your target server was full you had to stay put.

Edited by Troubadour.6397
  • Like 7

On 8/7/2024 at 11:17 PM, TheIceman.1039 said:

*Too little time to give comprehensive opinions about whether the new system is bad and the old one was good. *The old servers were even worse out of balance and there was no way to change it.
*The first positive change is stopping the constant migration of guilds.

*Finding a balance between new temporary servers will take more time.

*At the moment it is summer time, people are away from the game more.
*The large blob guilds are a direct result of Anet wanting to remove most of the boonrip to give less experienced players a chance to win in wvw. As a result we have more wvw players than ever before. Of course smallscale & roaming suffer at the moment. I think that later better balance will solve this situation.
* The best solution for the balance of time zones would be to merge the EU & NA servers into one big server, but I guess that is technically extremely difficult. However, not impossible.

Solo roaming has actually been much better for me after the the restructuring, mainly because I now see many more competent roamers. Do I miss some of the people I used to see on my old server? Of course, but making new friends is also great! I like your suggestion to combine EU & NA, but the technical issues would probably be insurmountable. There are also probably legal issues with doing this, as well as language issues. WvW matchmaking would work a lot better with EU & NA combined, though. We can dream, right?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The very old system with servers fighting alone, no teams. That was the best, after that comes alliances, followed by the mixing of all kinds of different servers that hated each other & refused to cooperate due to them wanting to keep speaking in their server language they once chose.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2024 at 10:35 PM, RisingDawn.5796 said:

The old world linking system...

The old system had a public discord for each server so players had the information to do what they wanted to do, but now alliance discords are private and hidden. Alliance IS a bandwagon system by design and players have no information about any of the alliances. In the old system players had the choice of server transfer to any of the servers, now they're stuck for months with an alliance or they're guildless and end up on alliance less server with no commanders.  In the old system players arranged and balanced fights because experienced players had the alt and discord information to do so, now all the fight information is private and alliances look for easy 30v1 fights and avoid other 30's. Hidden private tags have become the norm since alliances causing more exclusivity and less group content than before.
Alliances is diaspora and exclusivity.

Edited by cajalbelvue.5319
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

New system is terrible so far. Been trying to get on the same team as my brother (both selected same team, both in same guild, guild says that same team) yet still can't play together. It's killed his interest, and I'm seriously doubting if I even want  to bother with this (WvW) anymore. Also, whatever balance was supposed to happen isn't even close. I tend to play later (for me in CA) and this last month has seemed way one sided (in out favor) with massively unbalanced as far as who's actually online playing.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

On 8/8/2024 at 1:00 AM, EstaticFear.7692 said:

There is no poll showing new system is good. And also there wont be any poll showing new system is good.  We tried to explain whats horrible in that weirdo RS but nobody home. Now I just log in maybe once a week. I know so many ppl quit the game because of that RS and also there will be more. If you try to explain they will start again "join a big guild" , "make your own guild with your friends " bla bla bla and bla.. 

This poll has around 250 responses. I've no idea how many folks play wvw but I'm sure it's quite a bit more than that

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

I've no idea how many folks play wvw but I'm sure it's quite a bit more than that

Forums is a side game. Most wvw ppl have no interest in playing the forums side game. I'm here because nothing I enjoyed about wvw exists anymore.

Edited by cajalbelvue.5319
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

The balance between tiers was also an insurmountable problem even with the old servers. There was also the problem of Guilds roaming between servers. I don't know if Anet uses the same system for match determination that was intended for server distribution. But somehow there is still one too strong "Server" in each Tiers. I think it's time to test kdr based tiers & match creation and see what the balance will be then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Radiobiology.6185 said:

Did Anet ever completely reverse a change? Is there still hope? This new system is so garbage its actually sad.

It’s never going to revert, this entire thread and the other 100 or so were always meaningless. It’s been the equivalent of fists shaking and impotently screaming at the sky at the inherent injustice of the world, sound and fury amounting to nothing. 

Same as it ever was. It’s hard to believe that folk posting dev requests, game mechanics complaints, bug reports, and cheating claims… after going on two decades haven’t realized the forums’ real function is to act as a costumer stress control. 

They don’t read this cyclical unending whinge year after year, but it makes the customers feel a little better getting all these grievances off their chests. Mod anyone naming and shaming, and completely ignore the rest. 

Carry on. 

Edited by Tovera.4039
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Week 3 in, and my server Mosswood is on it's way to t1 next week. We started this restructure in t34 and have dominated every week both vp side and total kill side. We haven't found a close match yet and I am not sure we will in t1, but I can hope. I stated earlier we really have one regular public tag that has played most of the day, almost every day(but is about to return to work next week). We are active, but it doesn't seem as if we are overactive, just that enemy activity is always less than ours, almost every time of the day. Overall wvw activity does seem to be dropping everywhere, I would not be surprised if the next month or two we are dropping down to 3 tiers in NA.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 3:47 PM, Troubadour.6397 said:

Except that is not happening, full guilds are moving team in the middle of a team match. Several friends of mine have seen it and I have now as well. A guild I know of has moved teams twice this match up, how is that remotely acceptable; why are CS even allowing it? At least the old way if your target server was full you had to stay put.

Yeah, this needs to be reviewed. 

On 8/14/2024 at 12:23 AM, candytripn.7253 said:

New system is terrible so far. Been trying to get on the same team as my brother (both selected same team, both in same guild, guild says that same team) yet still can't play together. It's killed his interest, and I'm seriously doubting if I even want  to bother with this (WvW) anymore. Also, whatever balance was supposed to happen isn't even close. I tend to play later (for me in CA) and this last month has seemed way one sided (in out favor) with massively unbalanced as far as who's actually online playing.

But was this before the last sort or setup after? A mid sort change won't be applied till the next sort. 

19 hours ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

The balance between tiers was also an insurmountable problem even with the old servers. There was also the problem of Guilds roaming between servers. I don't know if Anet uses the same system for match determination that was intended for server distribution. But somehow there is still one too strong "Server" in each Tiers. I think it's time to test kdr based tiers & match creation and see what the balance will be then.

The problem with a pure KDR system is all you do is tell people that unless you have max numbers, don't try. If you don't think you can win, don't try, don't fight unless you have more. The issue with the initial placement is same thing we had under the server links. Whatever is being used, feels close to random and with 4 week links there is not much time for the new groupings to end up where they should have been.

PPT should lead to PPK, but PPK should be an added bonus not the leading factor else all people will do is move in a blob versus try and spread and do it all at the same time. Fight everyone, everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Tovera.4039 said:

It’s never going to revert, this entire thread and the other 100 or so were always meaningless. It’s been the equivalent of fists shaking and impotently screaming at the sky at the inherent injustice of the world, sound and fury amounting to nothing. 

Same as it ever was. It’s hard to believe that folk posting dev requests, game mechanics complaints, bug reports, and cheating claims… after going on two decades haven’t realized the forums’ real function is to act as a costumer stress control. 

They don’t read this cyclical unending whinge year after year, but it makes the customers feel a little better getting all these grievances off their chests. Mod anyone naming and shaming, and completely ignore the rest. 

Carry on. 

From looking at the forums it does appear that everyone hates this. However the percentage of people who use the forum compared to those that don't is quite small.

This whole restructuring must be taking an awful lot of manhours which equals an awful lot of money.

Based on past experience with ncsoft they are very quick to pull the plug on games so I very much doubt they'll happily allow all this time and effort to be spent on something that is just killing the game.

All this leads me to presume that the actual feedback and data shows this is producing position results for most players. 

Of course the Devs terrible communication means that all folk see is the vocal minority filling the forum with complaints and deciding not to try wvw because it's apparently ruined

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Radiobiology.6185 said:

Did Anet ever completely reverse a change? 

Yes, when Moe took over direct control and the forums were saying just get rid of DBL. Then he did and then everyone else popped on the forums to say WTF where did our map go! And then they brought it back after the uproar.

Now would I expect this of the WR. Not really, first off this hasn't been much of an uproar in comparison to that. Second this has been in works for years and was shelved once along the way and brought back. So I would say plan on this one staying in some format and if you are looking for changes post those ideas since I think posters might have better odds there. If you were more of a server pride player, seek out community/Alliance guilds from your old server to try and connect there. That way if it stays or goes, you are connected. 

37 minutes ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

Week 3 in, and my server Mosswood is on it's way to t1 next week. We started this restructure in t34 and have dominated every week both vp side and total kill side. We haven't found a close match yet and I am not sure we will in t1, but I can hope. I stated earlier we really have one regular public tag that has played most of the day, almost every day(but is about to return to work next week). We are active, but it doesn't seem as if we are overactive, just that enemy activity is always less than ours, almost every time of the day. Overall wvw activity does seem to be dropping everywhere, I would not be surprised if the next month or two we are dropping down to 3 tiers in NA.

I think you will find plenty of activity in T1, none of the servers there started there but worked up thru to it. I think they might have dropped T5 out too soon in NA based on queues in prime time. But since there is no good way to see queues across all servers outside of views Anet has that's a big assumption on my part with a limited view.

As I said before the poll didn't have an option for I am testing it out. So how many additional votes might it have had with a fourth option. I am indifferent is not the same thing as undecided as of yet. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624