youve added some great things to vault rewards

38 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

This. Very much this.  There are so many who seem to be so entitled as to needing every facet of everything handed to them with no effort, just because.

They will do the content (daily vault objectives) , just they wont use their hard earned money to buy from the Tp or something like Sellers , but straight from the Vault

And we can make make more appeling tp the masses , to get the item by reducing the grind of it in WvW and put once a year 2x new item that needs the WvW Gob , with low efford

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

I already conceded that WV may be a bad place for it. Others have suggested adding a MF recipe to convert GoB to GoE and GoE to GoB… and I even suggested adding a PvE reward track that requires active participation in meta events to progress… currently you are the one drawing the line here…

Is this a question about how I think legendary acquisition should look or how I would implement what you want to be implemented? Because hopefully I was clear enough in my posts that I disagree with your/OP's position. If it's about how I think it should be then legendary acquisition would involve at least every "general" game mode (pve/wvw/pvp). Wouldn't need to be extensive -similarly how GoB acquisition isn't extensive- but the optional legendary tier still looks like something that fits that perfectly. So if I was drawing the lines here, that's where it would be.
At this point, this obviously isn't happening as a general rule for legendary gear acquisition, which still doesn't mean that I'm supposed to suddenly be all for watering down those acquisition processes even further. Multiple gifts trade-ins might have some merit to them, but it's still a weird idea to me that shouldn't be a thing. 

2 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

funny how none of your points here actually answer the question we keep asking you… so care to actually answer the question now? “Why are you opposed to options?”

I'm not directly answering your/kinurak's weird "why are you opposed to options?!" question, because that question doesn't make sense. I'm not against options, I'm against the idea presented in this thread and I repeatedly explained why I'm against it (which you still didn't care to address). Meanwhile it's as if you quoted the post saying "I don't think circle fits here" and for some reason decided to start questioning "why are you against shapes?!". I don't dislike shapes (or "options"), I dislike what's proposed in this thread.
So similarly to when you've initially tried to tell me I'm somehow claiming "you want things for doing nothing" (which, as already explained, is not what I said -or even intended to say- at any point in this thread), now you're making another claim about me "being opposed options" and repeat that question as if that will make it true.

Edited by Sobx.1758
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

They will do the content (daily vault objectives) , just they wont use their hard earned money to buy from the Tp or something like Sellers , but straight from the Vault

And we can make make more appeling tp the masses , to get the item by reducing the grind of it in WvW and put once a year 2x new item that needs the WvW Gob , with low efford

This makes the assumption that there are "masses" for whom this needs extra incentives.  Neither you nor I have any real data on whether or not the current implementation is causing a sizeable group of players to not want to chase legendary items.  I'd posit that the majority of players who want legendary things will do (or will have already done) what is necessary to get them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

This makes the assumption that there are "masses" for whom this needs extra incentives.  Neither you nor I have any real data on whether or not the current implementation is causing a sizeable group of players to not want to chase legendary items.  I'd posit that the majority of players who want legendary things will do (or will have already done) what is necessary to get them.

Lets make it less grindly like the raiding one .

That why its better to reduce it and like people can buy from the TP , they can buy from the Vault , if they want to skip

Essentiallt the Vault will replace the raid sellers , in the WvW scenario , without beeing hustled

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Lets make it less grindly like the raiding one .

That why its better to reduce it and like people can buy from the TP , they can buy from the Vault , if they want to skip

Or, if the raid one is less grindy, then players can more easily obtain that.  In my opinion there shouldn't be any avenue for players to skip requirements for legendary items.  Might as well just give a legendary voucher on account creation because there will be those who would complain the even simplifying things by putting them in the TP or WV is still too arduous.  See my example earlier about mounts.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Or, if the raid one is less grindy, then players can more easily obtain that.

Or we reduce the whole game grind , rather than having 1 area with small grind (raids) and the rest of the areas  has to suffer . People using the grind as esuse to stir up things in Reddit and hope that the masses joi them .

For now  ,   Weapons will occupie the casuals , while the looks of the WvW armors doesnt entice.

And in the future , there could random Events that award vouchers that unlockes  non-gemsore random items , that you havent unloced . Like our PvP armor

(we pvpers will leach WvW/OW resources like the future maps , while the Casual will keep the "lights on" . Perfect eco0system)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Just "play" WvW, you know... flipping camps and afking, the quality content GW2 offers.
Not against the option anyway, they will eventually add it to the WV or somewhere else, they don't really care about the prestige of legendaries anymore since the game will be done soon.

• Confused 8

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Is this a question about how I think legendary acquisition should look or how I would implement what you want to be implemented? Because hopefully I was clear enough in my posts that I disagree with your/OP's position. If it's about how I think it should be then legendary acquisition would involve at least every "general" game mode (pve/wvw/pvp). Wouldn't need to be extensive -similarly how GoB acquisition isn't extensive- but the optional legendary tier still looks like something that fits that perfectly. So if I was drawing the lines here, that's where it would be.
At this point, this obviously isn't happening as a general rule for legendary gear acquisition, which still doesn't mean that I'm supposed to suddenly be all for watering down those acquisition processes even further. Multiple gifts trade-ins might have some merit to them, but it's still a weird idea to me that shouldn't be a thing. 

I'm not directly answering your/kinurak's weird "why are you opposed to options?!" question, because that question doesn't make sense. I'm not against options, I'm against the idea presented in this thread and I repeatedly explained why I'm against it (which you still didn't care to address). Meanwhile it's as if you quoted the post saying "I don't think circle fits here" and for some reason decided to start questioning "why are you against shapes?!". I don't dislike shapes (or "options"), I dislike what's proposed in this thread.
So similarly to when you've initially tried to tell me I'm somehow claiming "you want things for doing nothing" (which, as already explained, is not what I said -or even intended to say- at any point in this thread), now you're making another claim about me "being opposed options" and repeat that question as if that will make it true.

Thankyou for actually answering the question. Ok… you aren’t opposed to options, just adding it to the WV… alright… thats fine. As I’ve said multiple times now, maybe the WV isn’t the best place for it…

You seem open to the possibility of a MF recipe, but you said the idea seems a bit weird to you… care to elaborate on that? What makes it seem weird? What would make it more appealing to you?

What are your thoughts on adding PvE reward tracks that progress with Meta event progress, Fractals, or Raids? Something that takes the same amount of active participation and effort to progress as the PvP reward tracks.

keep in mind… if any of these changes were to happen then the PvE exclusive legendary gifts would have to all be made available through PvP methods too…

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Set the cost at max Astral Aclaim… maybe even add a special currency for completing the weekly that is required to buy it… its not hard to make the reward unobtainable if all you do is just collect the 5AA daily login.

can also do as I previously suggested… make it an extremely limited quantity purchase and have it grant a completely random legendary gift each time it is purchased.

It doesn’t even have to be Wizards Vault… as others have said it could be a new Mystic Forge recipe to convert another gift…

or hell… they could add “PvE Reward Tracks”… make them progress by completing Meta events in different zones… something that forces players to actively play the game.

Any Astral Acclaim pricing would essentially be a freebie.

As to your other suggestions, there are already multiple paths to legendary weapon acquisition, including no pvp options. I do not think that more are necessary or even a particularly good idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

It's not called a common, so no, I do not think it should be viable to attain it through common means - you should have to do big things, many things and you should have to do a lot of them; Legends should wield weapons of equal repute.
I don't even like how easy they've become to obtain already; at this rate, you'll get a free legendary when you sign up for two step authentication by 2026 🙄

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

As to your other suggestions, there are already multiple paths to legendary weapon acquisition, including no pvp options. I do not think that more are necessary or even a particularly good idea.

Well thank god that that gathering Astral Points , can be gathered from doing 2-3x Strike/Raid Monthly and other means ,and so there are not freebies .

(maybe we must do 1x Strike Montly , to reward 1200 astral points,  to entice people even more ?

I guessing this wont count as freebie , because currently people are not doing any INSTANCED RELATED and prefered to be 1 shot by some pvp kid at spawn or,  have to face 160 players in 2x oposing diffeent teams + 80 player on their own team loged 2 minfaster and went to the objectives first , NOT ALL having the same idea to gather at 20x total Camps to do their dailies/gain Reward track !  )

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

If we priced it at 1000 AA, then using only login rewards would require 200 days of logging in. That's not what i'd call a freebie. Not to mention it would be useless to said person, because that gift alone does not a legendary make.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

27 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If we priced it at 1000 AA, then using only login rewards would require 200 days of logging in. That's not what i'd call a freebie. Not to mention it would be useless to said person, because that gift alone does not a legendary make.

I would most certainly call that a "freebie" because it literally requires no effort to engage in any game content whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

41 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I would most certainly call that a "freebie" because it literally requires no effort to engage in any game content whatsoever.

That's an disingenious take on the whole situation. Again, gift alone does not a legendary make. And even assuming everything required for it would be accessible through vault (and theoretically allow such a weapon to be obtained through "no effort to engage in any game content whatsoever", the reality is that it would likely still take longer than the game will exist. It's not a realistic take at all, but one made to present the situation in an extremely unrealistic view in order to make it look fasr worse than it does.

To make it clear, the situation is no dfferent than buying gold from Vault and using it to purchase a legendary. Would it be possible to do through login rewards alone? Sure, in theory. In practice however i doubt anyone has done it this way so far (or would do it in the future).

So, can we stick to serious arguments, instead of arguing in bad faith?

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's an disingenious take on the whole situation. Again, gift alone does not a legendary make. And even assuming everything required for it would be accessible through vault (and theoretically allow such a weapon to be obtained through "no effort to engage in any game content whatsoever",

No, what is disingenuous is extending someone else's point to something they never claimed.

Giving a GoB for logging in, regardless of how many logins required, is essentially a free GoB. The topic and specific point were GoB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

No, what is disingenuous is extending someone else's point to something they never claimed.

Giving a GoB for logging in, regardless of how many logins required, is essentially a free GoB. The topic and specific point were GoB. 

Whats are you going to do with an account that only logs  , gets GOB and dont do anything else to get the rest of the mats/gold to complete the final reward ?

Sell it on ebay ?

For once , using Astral points for GoB, means that he wont get the gold, or the other montly rewards

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Never made such a claim. Did you quote the wrong person?

You called a freebie ?

What he gains for just loggin in  and not doing anything else ? An item called Gob ?

For once , using Astral points for GoB, means that he wont get the gold, or the other montly rewards

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You quote someone saying that gob would be a freebie, but comment about... the legendary not being a complete freebie? And then you talk about "arguing in bad faith"? Whatever they do -or not do- in the game, that gob would be a freebie and that's what is being talked about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You called a freebie ?

What he gains for just loggin in  and not doing anything else ?

I never said that the player would do nothing else. You might want to double check who you are quoting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You quote someone saying that gob would be a freebie, but comment about... the legendary not being a complete freebie? And then you talk about "arguing in bad faith"? Whatever they do -or not do- in the game, that gob would be a freebie and that's what is being talked about.

This ^^^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Indeed. Some people have asked for an essentially free GoB.

And Sobx , that said that people should buy it from the TP , if they dont like the journey

I say we cut the middleman , and even free 200 login Cb , people still need to do the content , so its not free

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1