sPvP is in the worst possible state since Vanilla Launch.

4 hours ago, Jagdtiger.2517 said:

that game has absolutely terrible gameplay. The solo queue PvP in WoW consists of sitting in queue for 20 minutes

Wait you wanna tell me soloQ is terrible in WoW and you want it to be implemented into gw2?!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jagdtiger.2517 said:

I will wholeheartedly agree to that. I recently re-subbed to WoW after more than a year because I wanted to check out the pre-patch for the next expansion. And then I remembered, that game has absolutely terrible gameplay. The solo queue PvP in WoW consists of sitting in queue for 20 minutes because there are no healers, then getting into a game and being CCed half the time until dampening hits 50% and then you just use your PvE rotation on the enemies and throw CC at the healer and hope that someone dies. And I'm not saying this from a scrub point of view, the last season I actually played I was a top 1% player in solo shuffle. But I quit because the gameplay is terrible and the skill expression is terrible. Now they have a new ranked game mode called battleground blitz, which is also terrible because it's 8v8 so you have too little impact as a solo player, and there's no dampening so healers are literal unkillable god kings. A healer can easily tank 3 people indefinitely and not die until they run out of mana after 5 minutes of face tanking, it's so disgusting. The best decision GW2 ever made was getting rid of the trinity system. It's honestly sad that there are so many WoW PvP players that have never played GW2, because this game is so much better. And believe me when I say I understand how many flaws GW2 has, it still beats WoW.

Also ESO PvP is a joke, I don't know how anyone plays that game for PvP. The combat is so terrible.

Honestly after playing BDO and WoW for the past few weeks I've realized that I should either stick to League or just play GW2. If you want MMO PvP GW2 is the only good option right now and it will probably stay that way for a while. If only they would #removeDuoQ.

I played 12 years WoW and I agree WoW is worse imo

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, notamain.2839 said:

Wait you wanna tell me soloQ is terrible in WoW and you want it to be implemented into gw2?!

No you illiterate, solo queue in WoW is terrible because WoW is terrible, not because solo queue is a bad system.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Jagdtiger.2517 said:

Also ESO PvP is a joke, I don't know how anyone plays that game for PvP. The combat is so terrible.

You right but ESO gets kinda slept on too
Its the combat that sucks in ESO because its floaty and unresponsive and it uses PvE stats

but the pvp is designed better than gw2 pvp. 5x as many gamemodes and you can pick solos or group pvp and only get matched vs other solos or groups based on what you pick, that much is good
gw2 would be much better if a took a page from ESO's book because the combat is much better its just that pvp was designed as an afterthought
could be as simple as adding a drop-down arrow before queue saying solos or group pvp

3 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

You right but ESO gets kinda slept on too
Its the combat that sucks in ESO because its floaty and unresponsive and it uses PvE stats

but the pvp is designed better than gw2 pvp. 5x as many gamemodes and you can pick solos or group pvp and only get matched vs other solos or groups based on what you pick, that much is good
gw2 would be much better if a took a page from ESO's book because the combat is much better its just that pvp was designed as an afterthought
could be as simple as adding a drop-down arrow before queue saying solos or group pvp

I disagree. ESO has no ranked PvP so as a competitive player there's literally nothing to play for. I guess group PvP is a bonus for ESO but I personally only care about solo PvP. Also the RvR in ESO is just a running simulator, the map is way too big for the amount of players. Yes, WvW in GW2 can be a running simulator at times but it's not even close to as bad as ESO.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jagdtiger.2517 said:

I disagree. ESO has no ranked PvP so as a competitive player there's literally nothing to play for. I guess group PvP is a bonus for ESO but I personally only care about solo PvP. Also the RvR in ESO is just a running simulator, the map is way too big for the amount of players. Yes, WvW in GW2 can be a running simulator at times but it's not even close to as bad as ESO.

True, true
I just wish gw2's pvp had split queue like ESO bg has. Its better for comp than mixed solo/duo like gw2 ranked has rn, whether you play solos/groups
hardly touched rvr personally so I can't really comment there