Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

4 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

so if Anet aimed the game at the skill level of13 year olds and  above, don't you think making it even easier than this would be a bit weird in a game where the majority of players are adults?

No, I don't think so, because, for example, a 13-year-old has in most cases better reflexes and manual skills than, for example, a 50-year-old adult

• Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

No, I don't think so, because, for example, a 13-year-old has in most cases better reflexes and manual skills than, for example, a 50-year-old adult

i didnt say 50.  Your also dodging the point.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After more than a decade of power creep, when a reasonably competent casual player can easily solo expansion story content while running an off-meta Core build without getting downed even once, the game really isn't too difficult.

When said "reasonably competent casual player" is also over 50 and arthritic with bad glasses, reading that kind of complaint from others who stubbornly insist that the game should just wave them through the story without ever requiring that they L2P is just pathetic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

i didnt say 50. 

No, you didn't say that. But you said adults, Adults are a wide spectrum, people from 18 to, let's say, 100 years old. And on this spectrum there are many people who have weaker reflexes and manual skills than your example 13-year-old.

• Confused 8

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

No, you didn't say that. But you said adults, Adults are a wide spectrum, people from 18 to, let's say, 100 years old. And on this spectrum there are many people who have weaker reflexes and manual skills than your example 13-year-old.

The median age of players in GW2 is probably 20s.  13 year  children can complete this game with no difficulties.  You have difficulties because you are not willing to learn the mechanics.  You want Anet to divert resource to create a game at your skill level that's bottom <1% of players?  And before you answer that, think on it - in 10 years there has been practically zero complaints about difficulty in GW2, no smoke, no fire.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

is just pathetic.

No, it's not pathetic. I'm just asking and making suggestions, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I proposed an optional easy difficulty mode for all story content, LW's and expansions, I proposed various solutions. According to my suggestions, if you don't need it, you don't have to use it. I have the right to my opinion, my suggestions and requests, it is up to the developers whether they agree to these requests. What is Pathetic is attacking me because you disagree with my opinion and my requests

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9

This sounds an awful lot like a big personal problem vs a game design problem. I know full on disabled people (my apologies if it's not the kindest way of phrasing it, but hopefully it will get through Google Translate better) who are able to get through the GW2 story, even with their literal physical/mental handicaps.

At some point, you're going to have to take personal accountability for your actions/reactions, my dear Psychiatrist.

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

The median age of players in GW2 is probably 20s.  13 year  children can complete this game with no difficulties.  You have difficulties because you are not willing to learn the mechanics.  You want Anet to divert resource to create a game at your skill level that's bottom <1% of players?  And before you answer that, think on it - in 10 years there has been practically zero complaints about difficulty in GW2, no smoke, no fire.

These are just empty statements unsupported by any data or evidence. These are just your opinions. I can give you an example: I know several people who tried GW2 and found the game too difficult and simply left. These people didn't complain on the forum, they didn't buy any expansions, they just left. I assume that there may be a huge number of such people. Do I have evidence or data for this? NO. Should you believe me? NO. Just like I don't believe in your unsubstantiated statements.

• Confused 8

4 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

At some point, you're going to have to take personal accountability for your actions/reactions, my dear Psychiatrist.

Once again I repeat that I do not intend to abandon the game, I intend to try to play through the entire story content as a necromancer, however, this does not change the fact that I believe and ask for an easy, optional difficulty level in some form for all the story content, LW's and expansions. It doesn't contradict itself, you don't think so? It's up to the developers whether they agree to my requests

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

19 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Once again I repeat that I do not intend to abandon the game, I intend to try to play through the entire story content as a necromancer, however, this does not change the fact that I believe and ask for an easy, optional difficulty level in some form for all the story content, LW's and expansions. It doesn't contradict itself, you don't think so? It's up to the developers whether they agree to my requests

So rather than asking developers to waste resource for just you (?!), why don't you just learn the game like all those other people you see blasting through the content? its the whole point of MMORPGs, you get satisfaction from learning your character, not an iWin skill level.   GW2 is trivially easy when you learn the basics.  Think about it, others have learned (and enjoyed the journey) quite easily what to do, so why don't you want to?Tips for pretty much any mmorpg (and you):

1.  if you struggle, gear up.

2. if you still struggle, play with your skills until you feel comfortable

3. ALLWAYS use buffs like food and utilities https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Utility_item. if you are struggling

4. always make sure you are repaired https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Repair

5. dont pull whole rooms, cherry pick

6. learn the fight you are challenged with, watch a video if you don't like self learning.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

So rather than asking developers to waste resource for just you (?!)

Once again, I repeat that you have no data to say that it would only be for me. Besides, I have the right and can ask for anything, just like anyone else. I'm asking for an easy optional difficulty level for all story content, LW's and expansions, others apparently asked for a housing system or using spear on land, and they could have been satisfied with the Home instance or used other weapons and not complained. If people didn't want to make life easier for centuries, you would still go everywhere on foot, which is why they first started using horses, then carriages and finally cars.

18 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

dont pull whole rooms, cherry pick

What cherries? Is this some kind of alcoholic drink? Is that some kind of idiom?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

Once again, I repeat that you have no data to say that it would only be for me. Besides, I have the right and can ask for anything, just like anyone else. I'm asking for an easy optional difficulty level for all story content, LW's and expansions, others apparently asked for a housing system or using spear on land, and they could have been satisfied with the Home instance or used other weapons and not complained. If people didn't want to make life easier for centuries, you would still go everywhere on foot, which is why they first started using horses, then carriages and finally cars.

What cherries? Is this some kind of alcoholic drink? Is that some kind of idiom?

we have plenty data, we have 10 years of players playing the game and practically zero complaints about difficulty. Either the hundreds of thousands of players (if not millions) that have completed the content you struggle with are wrong and imagined they completed the content...or......

Cherry picking means carefully pulling the mobs one at a time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

we have plenty data, we have 10 years of players playing the game and practically zero complaints about difficulty.

No, you don't have data, these are just your guesses and estimates based on them. Anet has data and even this data does not take into account players who saw the difficulty level and left, players who did not complain on the forum, did not buy expansions, simply left. Besides, it's a bold statement that (I will be gracious again) 100 people from the forum can represent thousands of other players and claim that something is easy for everyone

• Confused 7

A spinning wheel continues spinning huh ?

Everyone here already stated everything that was needed for OP to be able to move on and go do the story without expecting something (that will never happen) from the Devs.

Now everybody understood that OP wants to play a Persona 5 like MMO and that's fine, we talked about difficulty and how OP could improve and that's fine too. If you want to continue arguing in pure void and chaos instead of doing your dailies and chores you should probably.. not do it and do something useful instead. 

Sadly this thread could have been a masterpiece of learning and improving but was just purely stalling because of the "I have the right to" mentality and being purely stubborn and self entitled.

Yet the other part wasn't better (myself included) as seeing 150 posts about how the game is easy (a truth) means nobody learned that the thread was pointless. Even worse, the wheel keeps spinning, soon the 17th page

Should all reconsider the priorities of not being forum warriors losing time for something not worth when the clock keeps ticking

GL HF in Tyria

A quick edit for OP : you'll soon see that you do not need your easy mode. You will progress, you will get better and you will find your build that makes you the mass destruction weapon blitzing through the content. Just a matter of time until the truth unfolds

Edited by Keyto.3672
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

No, you don't have data, these are just your guesses and estimates based on them. Anet has data and even this data does not take into account players who saw the difficulty level and left, players who did not complain on the forum, did not buy expansions, simply left. Besides, it's a bold statement that (I will be gracious again) 100 people from the forum can represent thousands of other players and claim that something is easy for everyone

i'm afraid you a deluded. 1) no-one complains about difficulty anywhere.  2) if Anet had data showing an easier mode was needed (like they did with strikes) they they would act on it.

I'm off to kill stuff. Have fun.

• Like 2

A lot of good advice has been shared here to help you get through the story difficulty but it's apparent to me that you're not looking for any of it.

A word of advice then that you're definitely not going to want but you're probably going to need, expect none of your concerns regarding difficulty to be addressed, that's the only way you will not be disappointed with any of the coming packs. After that you do as you wish, keep posting your desires or write off the game as a waste of time and money.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

If people didn't want to make life easier for centuries, you would still go everywhere on foot, which is why they first started using horses, then carriages and finally cars.

That is percicely the psychology behind those hard fights, you listed as the one you are struggeling with. The casual player will wander into them, eat dirt, over and over again, untill we get frustrated and we start to wonder why or go complain about, so that we either figure out for ourselfs how to make them easier, or get told by others. And that's how the game tricks us into getting better, even if we don't have any ambition to be good at playing the game. Which is what a horizontal progession game like GW2 needs to keep the game alive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

i didnt say 50.  Your also dodging the point.

I mean if the OP dodged as well ingame there would be no problems I bet 😉

20 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

A spinning wheel continues spinning huh ?

Everyone here already stated everything that was needed for OP to be able to move on and go do the story without expecting something (that will never happen) from the Devs.

Now everybody understood that OP wants to play a Persona 5 like MMO and that's fine, we talked about difficulty and how OP could improve and that's fine too. If you want to continue arguing in pure void and chaos instead of doing your dailies and chores you should probably.. not do it and do something useful instead. 

Sadly this thread could have been a masterpiece of learning and improving but was just purely stalling because of the "I have the right to" mentality and being purely stubborn and self entitled.

Yet the other part wasn't better (myself included) as seeing 150 posts about how the game is easy (a truth) means nobody learned that the thread was pointless. Even worse, the wheel keeps spinning, soon the 17th page

Should all reconsider the priorities of not being forum warriors losing time for something not worth when the clock keeps ticking

GL HF in Tyria

Cant do my dailies a work so got to have the fun I can aye?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Haha 11

17 minutes ago, Maienstern.2154 said:

That is percicely the psychology behind those hard fights, you listed as the one you are struggeling with. The casual player will wander into them, eat dirt, over and over again, untill we get frustrated and we start to wonder why or go complain about, so that we either figure out for ourselfs how to make them easier, or get told by others. And that's how the game tricks us into getting better, even if we don't have any ambition to be good at playing the game.

Yes, I understand this approach. But understand, I have different feelings, I don't like frustration, I don't like sleep in the dirt all the time. I have work and other activities, I don't have time for exercise or reading guides. I just want to go through the plot without unnecessary frustration and pain. I just wish and please, the creators would introduce an optional easy difficulty level. It's just a request, the creator either agrees to it or not

Since the community is so helpful, I ask them where I can buy cheap light exotic celestial armor in the core game.

• Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Yes, I understand this approach. But understand, I have different feelings, I don't like frustration, I don't like sleep in the dirt all the time. I have work and other activities, I don't have time for exercise or reading guides. I just want to go through the plot without unnecessary frustration and pain. I just wish and please, the creators would introduce an optional easy difficulty level. It's just a request, the creator either agrees to it or not

Since the community is so helpful, I ask them where I can buy cheap light exotic celestial armor in the core game.

Celestial gear can be bought from the TP. No trinkets, i believe however. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darves.6798 said:

Do I have to repeat myself once again? Judging by the number of posts you have published on the forum, you have been playing GW2 for years and the game is trivial for you.

Except I didn't somehow start playing through the story years after I started playing the game, so your attempted conclusion as if "the story is easy for me because I've been playing for years" is mostly incorrect, especially since you seem to not have yet played through the "newer" expansions. If the story is hard for you, you're probably failing at basic game mechanics. This is an action mmorpg, not a telltale game. If a singleplayer telltale game is what you want, there's plenty of those to pick from.

2 hours ago, Darves.6798 said:

Okay, but since you asked, I'll repeat it. The fight against Zhaitan was very difficult, I kept dying. Lw1, there were 2 bosses in the rat caves, the fight with them was a pain, the same with the pirate and her companion with bombs. The first fight with Scarlet, the game wasn't kind enough to explain why I wasn't dealing damage to her, I had to waste an hour looking for answers in Google. Tower of nightmare, getting to the top where the story content is was a real nightmare, I was dying every moment. Lw2, the first map is a nightmare, the wind knocks you off the platforms and you still have to fight and dodge. In general, it would be nice if Anet made jumping easier, some auto-correction of jumps or something, falling all the time and killing yourself is not fun. Someone mentioned Mad King's Clock Tower, great fun, you keep falling and killing yourself, amazing

Can you be more specific which story parts you're talking about when you mention rat caves or first fight with scarlet?
What was hard for you during zhaitan fight, when did you keep dying? Are you just trying to "face tank" the damage in every encounter? Or not even intentionally trying to facetank, but more like... not care about anything the boss does? The game involves active combat systems, most of the time just standing there and trading blows isn't the way to go.

Sorry, but that "anet should make jumps autoconnect or something" mention is rather ridiculous. You don't want to play the game, you want to watch a movie. At that point, maybe... just watch one. Perhaps you could even watch the story on youtube if any possibility of not instantly succeeding (or jumps not "auto-connecting" to the points of landing) means the game is too hard and needs changes.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Well since you said you had done wvw you can buy everything stat selectable from the new wvw vendor that is behind the fractal portal in lions arch

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/TEID-07_Unified_Vendor_System#vendor1

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Celestial gear can be bought from the TP. No trinkets, i believe however. 

I said cheap. I don't want expensive items from TP. I want to buy from the vendor for karma or a small amount of gold, just like you can easily buy exotic armor with PPF statistics

• Confused 6

1 minute ago, Darves.6798 said:

I said cheap. I don't want expensive items from TP. I want to buy from the vendor for karma or a small amount of gold, just like you can easily buy exotic armor with PPF statistics

Then the wvw vendor will be a good stop, as Linken said.

Edited by Kinurak.5307
Credit given
  • Like 1