Suggestion Ban E-spec Stacking

Suggestion! Ban E-spec Stacking.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a ban in E-spec Stacking?

• Yes
    • No

I think Anet should consider preventing E-spec stacking in all the Spvp modes. Yes that includes Unranked, Ranked, 2v2 and 3v3 Mini seasons, plus ATs, wATs, and mATs and ToL. Forcing a measure of build diversity on the game modes. I mean stacking is antithetical to balance. A example of what I'm trying to suggest is lets say I queue as a Dragonhunter. I get into pre-game. I see we have a Reaper, Spellbreaker, Willbender, and Daredevil. So I decide to switch to Firebrand for team support because we have a point holder. But since I'm no longer on Dragonhunter; the Willbender on my team could now switch to Dragonhunter if they wanted too. If they did, I should be free to switch to Willbender if I chose too. And have that flexibility given to all classes during pregame. 

Edited by Aden.9306
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Nah.

Stacking a spec shouldn't be bannable. Usually spec stacking is done because of an underlying imbalance (the class is op) that spec banning only addresses the surface level problems of, and stacking isn't always bad.

Stacking thieves, for instance, makes your comp weaker.

Balance the specs quickly when overperforming ones surface. You should be able to spec 5 guardians built different ways and have a fun match ideally, as long as one spec cant do multiple roles exceptionally well. I don't feel like reapergod20 should have to sit in queue because his class is fotm due to the devs misbalancing it long enough for everyone to find out. If it's been around long enough for players to itemize its rotation and post it on metabattle, it's  been around too long. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this mode is long overdue for a Ban Phase at G1 an Above

At start 15 sec window where you can pick 3 Specs(inc core) that should be banned for this match. At the end of those 15 secs the 3 specs with most votes get the boot and are unavailable for the match. 

This means that this will probably take care of the S+ Tier Specs allowing the game to not turn into the Wild West

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Skary.8956 said:

I think this mode is long overdue for a Ban Phase at G1 an Above

At start 15 sec window where you can pick 3 Specs(inc core) that should be banned for this match. At the end of those 15 secs the 3 specs with most votes get the boot and are unavailable for the match. 

This means that this will probably take care of the S+ Tier Specs allowing the game to not turn into the Wild West

It may have the opposite effect--a lot of good players build test in ranked, and if you happen to ban a build they are testing, they will just get on their main and you have less than zero percent chance of winning.  

That, and I don't see how a comp of say Scourge, Core Rev, Firebrand, Core Mes, and Specter would be fun, or something like that--because banning 'meta' specs is going to do what you don't want and that's create a wild west.  

In general, I'm not in favor of banning anything though, if you get beat by something get good enough at its counter.  Don't just randomly cry for bans of fotm metabattle builds.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Two of the same class isn't too bad.

Three is obnoxious.

Four... bruh

F I v e... ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᵐᵉʳᶜʸ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ, ᴼ ᴳᵒᵈ,

At this point, if they don't want to maintain fine balance, I think only 1 of each class should be allowed on teams. If you try to swap before game starts to a class that is already in the game, it tells you no. And I mean identifying core class attachment. So regardless of say Untamed or Soulbeast, it only allows 1 Ranger in general into your comp.

Might be longer game queues but it would promote greater match balance and more diversity/reason to play builds other than the top 3 OP things.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 8/19/2024 at 12:06 PM, Aden.9306 said:

I think Anet should consider preventing E-spec stacking in all the Spvp modes. Yes that includes Unranked, Ranked, 2v2 and 3v3 Mini seasons, plus ATs, wATs, and mATs and ToL. Forcing a measure of build diversity on the game modes. I mean stacking is antithetical to balance. A example of what I'm trying to suggest is lets say I queue as a Dragonhunter. I get into pre-game. I see we have a Reaper, Spellbreaker, Willbender, and Daredevil. So I decide to switch to Firebrand for team support because we have a point holder. But since I'm no longer on Dragonhunter; the Willbender on my team could now switch to Dragonhunter if they wanted too. If they did, I should be free to switch to Willbender if I chose too. And have that flexibility given to all classes during pregame. 

Bannable?

That doesn't make any sense.

Should they stop it from happening? /Shrug 
Possibly, but a ban? Don't be ridiculous.

I don't understand what you wrote or were trying to communicate. I shall match the effort you gave writing this post. Here is what chat GPT thinks.

I see where you're coming from, and your idea of limiting E-spec stacking could indeed push players towards more diverse team compositions, which might lead to more dynamic and balanced gameplay. By preventing teams from stacking the same specialization, it forces players to think strategically about how to cover different roles and adapt to their team's needs.

Your example of switching from Dragonhunter to Firebrand to provide team support when your team already has a point holder is a good illustration of how this system could work in practice. It promotes flexibility and encourages players to learn multiple specializations to adapt to different situations, which could lead to a richer PvP experience.

However, there are a few challenges to consider. Restricting E-spec stacking might limit some players' ability to play their preferred or strongest builds, which could lead to frustration, especially in more casual settings like Unranked or Mini-seasons. Additionally, the time available in the pre-game phase is often limited, and constant switching could make the setup phase chaotic or rushed, particularly if players are trying to outmaneuver each other with last-minute changes.

To address this, perhaps a compromise could be considered, such as limiting E-spec stacking in higher-stakes modes like Ranked, ATs, and mATs, while allowing more freedom in Unranked and casual modes. This would preserve the competitive integrity in more serious settings while still offering flexibility in less intense modes.

Overall, your idea could definitely lead to more balanced matches and greater build diversity, but it would need to be implemented carefully to avoid alienating players who prefer certain specializations or who might struggle with the time constraints of pre-game switching.