WvW & PvE Warclaw no longer forward dashes on jump

On 8/21/2024 at 10:49 AM, milton h bandler.3509 said:

This is a major design and testing failure.  EVERY other mount will use space bar as normal apart from warclaw.  The keybind workaround breaks the skyscale flight.  What were they thinking?  This is really lazy development.   

Bumping this up with this statement. WE need it back as it was.

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

On 8/20/2024 at 7:01 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I did a quick check into this and it is intended as part of the warclaw's skill updates. The warclaw now jumps instead of dashes upon pressing the jump button. Dash is still available using the skill bar.

i beg you from the bottom of my heart to change this back...wvw is unplayable like this and absolutely 0 fun anymore...give us back the dash on space bar, please 😭i cannot switch between space bar for jump and v for dash, especially not when i'm being chased by enemies..and i cannot place my thumb on the v button all the time without my hand hurting. I honestly dont get why you would take that one crucial feature away, at least for wvw where NONE of the new warclaw features added with janthir even apply? i dont need any fancy stuff, just my space bar dash and more speed would be great, like you added in open world....i feel like you have forgotten about the warclaw being used in wvw ;-; it's our only mount and it's slow af, especially without using the dash, if you would make the warclaw faster, that would maybe make the missing space bar dash tolerable :c

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

Completely BS reasoning. If you wanted to make them separate, we can't stop  you. But in that case the checkbox that disables this separate functionality is bugged. If it can work with literally every other dashing mount in the game, it can work with this one (as it already did until now).

I will never understand such changes, because as it is, the change is in the way of 99.99% of use cases. No matter how much you may want it to be more useful, I'd bet my house, that dash is still by overwhelmingly far the most used Warclaw skill in the game. Especially in WvW.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Every single mount has some special charged jump ability that works by holding the jump key longer.

Raptor: Leap

Springer: Rocket Jump

Skimmer: Hover

Jackal: Blink

Griffon: Climb

With Warclaw, they kittened up, because Warclaw already has a jump, but the people doing the feature design had absolutely 0 creativity, so when they were figuring out the new features for PVE Warclaw, that one brain cell was only able to copy existing pattern: "lETS gIve waRCLaW SPEcIaL JUMp".

Now they ended up with two special jumps they are unable to map to keys correctly. 

So now we are in this embarrassing situation where every single mount has advanced jump ability mapped on the second press of the jump button, except Warclaw. It's especially embarrassing since it's not even hard to solve. The WvW Warclaw should have remained exactly the same, and PVE should trigger boosted jump on pressing dodge key after jumping. It would achieve the exactly same effect without kittening up WvW Warclaw or the consistency with all other mount controls.

If it was, at the very least somewhat creative. But they essentially just made another Jackal, jump mechanics-wise. 😞

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836
  • Like 7

I did a quick check into this and it is intended as part of the warclaw's skill updates. The warclaw now jumps instead of dashes upon pressing the jump button. Dash is still available using the skill bar.

Revert it please.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

So in WvW Warclaw jump really do nothiing than simply jump, very useful to make new friends .... please do the same to every other mount in PVE and see how happy are the players.. do it please ...

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I know it is summer and it is hot outside but as a dev, you are supposed to use the brain too, sorry but I have no other words for this except those that would be censored. Very annoying after 5 years of using space for dash in WvW. Warclaw in WvW does not have any other movement "ability".

Try how things works and affects other game modes too before making silly changes!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Revert it please.

• Like 9

the response from Rubi made me think it will not be changed soon so i remapped the mount ability 1 to Space but it is not the same, now with this keybind, the warclaw doesn't jump anymore and it only leaps forward when it have enough stamina.
this is a key i use very often when in wvw and it is already causing pain on my hand. spacebar key is the most natural key to press for that skill and the other mount i use very often is the raptor which have the spacebar as leap forward key too.
this change is just sad

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Aska.4397 said:

and mapping spacebar for wvw warclaw breaks pve griffon and skyscale

If the issue here is having a comfortable keybind that doesn't conflict with skyscale and griffon, surely it's your dodge keybind you need to set it to, not space? V is the default for both dodge and mount ability 2, and I'd imagine all players have a comfortable and accessible keybind for dodging. That said, I've never tried mapping both to the same non-default key, because I use a gaming mouse so have always kept the default binds and mapped a side button on my mouse to V.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/20/2024 at 1:04 PM, Jaidy.1824 said:

well thats just silly..... The Jackal doesn't have this. It can jump and dodge.

the Gods likes to do things their way, trust me i know. Only if enough people complain about it will they change their course.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3

2nd question does this have anything to do with not including all the mount skills on the ui bar to begin with? hmm 😉 😉 

Yep dats what it is...

Personally i would rather it be:

Battle Maul , Dash, Sniff, Chain Pull, Lance - the way it should have been from the beginning

P.S. in addition to above make all mount skills bindable meaning separate from weapon skill binds

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3