Why are decoration resources TIME GATED?!

It's worth mentioning that the weekly time gate is per regular material per homestead material. So when it says you can craft 75 of the homestead metal material per week, or whatever the value is, it means you can craft 75 with copper, then another 75 with iron, then another 75 with gold . . .

So not quite as much of a time gate as it appears at first glance.

I was super annoyed with it first too

But after you upgrade fully, you can buy 800 of each material each week

That's quite a bit

I'm more annoyed with some of the other requirements

Some items are quite expensive and some requires stuff like living world mats etc (not small amounts)

But it is what it is. Some will argue that it's good for making that content more active

Overall, it's not as bad as it appeared on launch

Upgrading fully will help a lot with the timegated materials

Edited by jokke.6239

Meh, I had maybe a passing interest in the Homestead (although I would have been happy with the QoL features being added to te Home Instance), but excessive material costs (that can end up impacting progress on other things I may be working on) and timegating pretty much guarantee that I'm never going to engage with the mechanics.

I originally thought that this could be a cool new feature, could be fun. Okay, ANet are bowing to community pressure and implementing something entirely unnecessary, demanded by players who have this feature in other games and want it here, but hey, I thought the same way about mounts originally, and they did a stupidly good job proving me wrong there.

But these restrictions are just enough to quash any interest I might have had.
I'll continue using it for the gathering convenience and as a quick way of getting between major areas for free, and maybe for fishing when I feel like engaging with that other mostly useless piece of content, but it's going to stay completely unadorned.

There is no reason whatsoever for me to engage with it on a deeper level, especially if doing so is going to cost me..