Homesteading isn't as easy & player friendly as they've claimed and has some flaws that should be fixed.

40 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

When it comes to cosmetics I only use the wiki if I don't know how to get it, never to judge how it will look on my character, etc.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

there is also youtube videos on how stuff looks.

Not impressed with the volume and quality of materials to make basic decorations. 😑

It feels like they didn't even look at where materials come from or tested homesteads on developer accounts.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Alaia Skyhawk.5064 said:

Tip for if you've moved a deco, not finalised the position yet, and want it back where it was. You can press escape and it snaps back to the last confirmed size/rotation/position it was in 🙂

That is not my issue. My issue is that Ive deleted a decoration before using the xRay feature and it removed more than one deco, even tho I was on "erase single decoration". An undo button wouldve saved me a ton of time there.

• Like 1

I haven't used my homestead much, but one thing that I would really like is a more definite 'grid snap' feature for placing decorations. I've messed with the manipulators and neither seem to be different, really? I'd like for there to basically be an invisible 'grid' that all items can be aligned and placed on, thus allowing for items to be centered easier, and also so that if I build freeform structures-- like buildings, and walls-- it's easier to 'snap' items into place on the grid without having to fiddle with tiny increments of movement. If this is intended to already be a feature w/ the manipulators, I can't seem to figure out how to make it work (and I'm not green with housing-- I've done EXTENSIVE housing projects in other games with similar features).

In terms of feature suggestions, I've mentioned a few times I'd love alternative homesteads and/or asuran-themed decorations!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, Logos.5603 said:

Sure, they might enjoy that, but that's not gameplay, and it is most definitively not play.

Whoa. Rpg and strategy games evolved from table top games. It's all a bunch of spreadsheets and logical rules. Myself starting playing games in late 90's I had notebooks of sheets and notes and logs for rpg games. 

• Like 3

I also think it's a bit to grindy

Make basic stuff much cheaper, with certain items more expensive

Sell additional maps on the gemstore (sure they can find some lore reason)

Sell weather effects on the gemstore: Snow, rain, fog, storm etc

Sell variations on the standard house/buildings on the gemstore

Just some suggestions

Make basic stuff cheaper, sell certain shiny stuff on gemstore

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/28/2024 at 2:14 AM, Pinkeh.4207 said:

Not impressed with the volume and quality of materials to make basic decorations. 😑

It feels like they didn't even look at where materials come from or tested homesteads on developer accounts.

Yea I agree, I haven't paid attention much to the homestead until tonight and the material costs are a bit on the high side for me. At this point I'm not going to bother with homesteads. I can hop on FFVIX or a number of other games and decorate my place and gather most of the mats I need in minutes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3