The music is AMAZING

The soundtracks for Janthir Wilds are easily the best in the entire game, save maybe Fear Not This Night. I loved the soundtracks in Bjora Marches, especially the Boneskinner fight, and oh boy these new tracks are along the same lines. "On The Hunt," "Elegy of the Elders," and "The Queen of Murk" are standouts - especially that last one, which plays during the Bog Queen event. Really nailed the atmosphere. The calmer tracks are downright hauntingly beautiful ("Blood from Stone" playing as you explore Janthir Syntri...chills), and the "Lowland Kodan" is just so sweet (got that one firmly stuck in my head, and it always makes me smile).

Give these composers a medal for a truly stunning soundtrack!

Edited by Batel.9206
changed the title :D
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

• Batel.9206 changed the title to The music is AMAZING
  • 2 weeks later...

This hasn't had enough praise. The OST in Janthir is amongst their best work. The second map has a genuinely desolate, grim overture which is slightly reminiscent of Witcher 3 and is perfectly in tune with the ambience of the map. There are some great tunes in and around Harvest Den as well

SoTo had some fantastic epic battle music, but JW has nailed the ambient score to perfection.

My only one wish is that the SFX for weather was more pronounced. ie the rain louder

• Like 6