No bug fixes over expansion weekend?

I HATE to be that guy... but I'm honestly baffled. As I recall for HoT, PoF, and EoD ( not sure about SoTO) at least, bug fixes took place on expansion weekend... I'm all for having weekends off, but is there no tech support team there on Expansion weekend?!

Homesteads, a MAJOR part of the expansion is almost broken (aside from a massively time consuming work around that only partially works) for the opening weekend of the expansion. Just seems an odd choice to me...

Edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729
Misspelling
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13

10 hours ago, nobleboivin.4102 said:

I've honeslty never seen an expan so buggy like this one.

I tend to agree, especially as we started the expac with a long list from the Devs about things not working - but I expect some fixes on Tuesday, which usually is ANet's patch day.
What I find a bit annoying is the fact, that with many events/achievements I don't really know what is broken (or if the game mechanic is just rubbish).
Why can't I cook food in Harvest Den? Nothing happens when I burn "rotten crops" in the garden. Is Hide and Seek supposed to work in a certain order? Why do I have zero cheers in the arena ... and that is just the Kodan settlement and things that I wrote down without thinking about bugs to much.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

As I recall for HoT, PoF, and EoD ( not sure about SoTO) at least, bug fixes took place on expansion weekend

you know we can look this stuff up right? (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release_calendar/2012) in the last 12 years, the game has had 20 updates on a weekend

20 times, in over 1000 possible days

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Thanks 1

Does tech support actually fix bugs in software? My company's tech support does a run through of a user's issue to determine whether or not it is an issue with an immediate fix, as many user errors do, or find a workaround. They escalate the matter if it is an actual bug in the software that requires coding to be done to effect a permanent fix to faulty coding.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

only for HoT and PoF and only one of them was of any note (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2017-09-23) the others two were Balance changes for Elite specs

so congratulation, 3 out of the 20 were on expantion weekends.

still none for EoD/Soto, or any Living world

So my original post is still valid as I stated that updates happened on HoT and PoF weekends. I admittedly was mistaken on EoD and was unsure on SoTO. Again, I reiterate... they added a MAJOR feature in this expansion... essentially a new game mode.

HoT added a major feature in gliding.

PoF added a major feature in mounts.

Bug fix team worked those weekends...

To not have bug fixes for a major feature on launch weekend is mind boggling.

Edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729
Added context
  • Confused 8

I for one am totally okay with tolerating a few bugs over the weekend. The game is still enjoyable, and it's easy enough to just wait on the bugged stuff to be fixed and come back to those events, collections, and features in a few days. Props to ANet for allowing their employees the weekend off, work-life balance is important, and it's one of the major reasons they changed their release model.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

So my original post is still valid as I stated that updates happened on HoT and PoF weekends. I admittedly was mistaken on EoD and was unsure on SoTO. Again, I reiterate... they added a MAJOR feature in this expansion... essentially a new game mode.

Bug fix team worked those weekends...

To not have bug fixes for a major feature on launch weekend is mind boggling.

what new game mode?

none of which required a patch

none of which requiredd a patch

this is irrelevant information

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 1

Well the game hasnt crashed right? Because thats why some previous releases had updates in or after the weekend. People couldnt even enter new maps or progress the story.

For me.. this is the smoothest release so far. Few small bugs, but none that break the game for me. Im sure most will get fixed. 

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 2