Homestead: "Too many decorations in this area" ... I knew homesteads were too good to be true.

So I just finished two really cool builds on my ground floor, though now it suddenly tells me that I cannot place any more decorations because I've hit the cap (not the overall cap, the cap within a chunk). They softened the chunk limit by quite a bit, though it was not nearly enough. I have 2 rooms decorated and I cannot decorate any others because the chunk takes up the whole house basically, reaching towards the cellar and the second floor. I have no idea why they kept this chunk limit for homesteads because this is the exact reason why guild halls were useless in terms of decorations. I'm very, very disappointed and lost motivation to further decorate my home because ... well ... I can't.

Please soften the chunk limit by a big amount.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Oh really? I thought they said  there is no limit as in guild halls, or so I thought. That is indeed very bad especially since we can not build our own buildings, which means most of the decorations will players place into the homestead building, that is very bad. Feels pointless to even try and decorate something cause you can hit the limit in the middle of it.

Do you know how many decorations you placed before the limit?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Oh really? I thought they said  there is no limit as in guild halls, or so I thought. That is indeed very bad especially since we can not build our own buildings, which means most of the decorations will players place into the homestead building, that is very bad. Feels pointless to even try and decorate something cause you can hit the limit in the middle of it.

Almost first thing I build was skyscrappers with those "big tall walls" scaled up xD

Sure, I couldn't walk inside, but I'm sure it's possible, if someone has a lot of time on their hands. The building blocks are there to be creative with ... Unless indeed there's a limit on how much you can place, then the cap will be a real limiting factor

It's our own instance, so if we get 5 fps, so what?

It's up to each to decide

Hope they change it, if it's really the case

I'm kind of blown away by this system so far, wasn't expecting it to be this advanced

Was sort of just expecting we could simply just decorate our house

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Well it would hardly be the Guild Wars 2 forums if there wasn't massive catastrophising of minor issues that can easily be fixed

I really hope you are right and that is indeed an easy fix that ArenaNet will implement soon. With so much focus on housing now, it would be an incredible waste of potential to still keep this furniture-within-a-chunk limit. Like I said, this is why guild halls aren't fun to decorate.
Let me, the owner of my homestead, decide how much detail I want to put in there.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Well it would hardly be the Guild Wars 2 forums if there wasn't massive catastrophising of minor issues that can easily be fixed

DId they "easily" fix it in guild halls though? People complained about it since the start but truth is in homestead you are usually alone, so that should not be an issue as in guild halls. Lets hope they fix it then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I am also pretty sure, lot of things are bugged, I am pretty sure this among the bugs*.

This will take some time for them to get many bugs fixed...

20 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Yes there is many bugs for sure.

I am still myself not going to create new stuff except the stuff that is there because of that...

For example I am making a water pond to chill with friends from pillars from the fences, just putting them upside down. And same time used I also use it as tiles by putting it just enough in the ground upside down that it looks like tiles.

5 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I am still myself not going to create new stuff except the stuff that is there because of that...

For example I am making a water pond to chill with friends from pillars from the fences, just putting them upside down. And same time used I also use it as tiles by putting it just enough in the ground upside down that it looks like tiles.

Sounds nice, I did not check all decorations well enough yet. My issue, unless I missed it, is that we can not preview how each decoration look before crafting it. Or is there such a way?

8 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Sounds nice, I did not check all decorations well enough yet. My issue, unless I missed it, is that we can not preview how each decoration look before crafting it. Or is there such a way?

I have tried to find myself, but I don't think it's there

9 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

There is currently no way to preview decorations.

I really hope they keep updating this system now:

• Increase the furniture-amount-per-chunk cap
  • Increase the overall decoration cap
  • Implement a preview system
  • More basic decorations like curtains, doors, walls
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

There is currently no way to preview decorations.

I really hope they keep updating this system now:

• Increase the furniture-amount-per-chunk cap
  • Increase the overall decoration cap
  • Implement a preview system
  • More basic decorations like curtains, doors, walls

I have made from my carpet a wall, doesn't even looks like a carpet anymore the way it is placed 🙂

On 8/29/2024 at 2:50 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

I am also pretty sure, lot of things are bugged, I am pretty sure this among the bugs*.

This will take some time for them to get many bugs fixed...

Just to chime in regarding this: I rewatched the livestream and the devs indeed said:

"We've removed the restriction on how many decorations you can place in a space for homesteads. We're less concerned about performance because it's your homestead."

Seeing that this obviously is not the case currently, it might just be a bug and that gives me lots of hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/29/2024 at 8:36 AM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Maybe the cap will increase with coming releases? With only 4 tiers so far, the Homesteading mastery panel clearly has room to add more, but whether or not that's actually the plan is unknown. 🤷‍♂️

All other crafting disciplines go to Grandmaster. Why would Handiworker stop at Journeyman?

2 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

All other crafting disciplines go to Grandmaster. Why would Handiworker stop at Journeyman?

Not quite, Jeweler says hello. All other crafts are also leveled by character-based crafting, rather than with an account-based mastery. Handiworker is not designed the same as all other crafting disciplines.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Not quite, Jeweler says hello. All other crafts are also leveled by character-based crafting, rather than with an account-based mastery. Handiworker is not designed the same as all other crafting disciplines.

You really think they are going to stop at a lame rank of journeyman? Reaaaaally?

• Confused 1

Just now, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

You really think they are going to stop at a lame rank of journeyman? Reaaaaally?

We don't know. Like I said, Jeweler shipped with the game in 2012 and has never gone beyond Lv400, so there's that obvious in-game precedent.

There's never been a crafting discipline designed like this before so we won't know the final outcome until JW is fully released, but feel free to speculate and assume whatever you like.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

We don't know 

We do, actually. The roadmap said more mastery updates are incoming, and the dev stream mentioned homestead masteries receiving updates with the quarterly updates.

• Like 1

Place some of your homestead material inside the research tab and it found a new locked item to be explored.

Yes the limits must be removed and the possible to make bigger homes, but there are no things inside for crafting house or street build parts.

I cannot modify the fence behind the Black Lion Board at only the Board got selected as all bigger objects like carpets under your chair and you won't able to move it anymore without removing.

Sure they could add and do anything from other housing games like HF2 or even Starfield but they have their plans to follow and those most not straight with everyone's wish.

The placement and moving system could be far better, and it's like a lottery game and as things could move inside the floor or walls, there are sure nor snap points for objects to align and connections.

If I pick up an item, I need to build all items until I have no more before the selection box opens again. As long as I have the items, it does not allow new even if I selected it.

The resize feature is nice, but it also has the problem the current item got sized into all 3 directions. This makes sometimes sense to not build strange-looking objects, But for carpets and possible tables it should be possible to stretch them in one direction. Even later on with fences and wood should be possible to stretch only in length and not in overall size.

On 8/28/2024 at 2:57 PM, Vetkin.6041 said:

So I just finished two really cool builds on my ground floor, though now it suddenly tells me that I cannot place any more decorations because I've hit the cap (not the overall cap, the cap within a chunk). They softened the chunk limit by quite a bit, though it was not nearly enough. I have 2 rooms decorated and I cannot decorate any others because the chunk takes up the whole house basically, reaching towards the cellar and the second floor. I have no idea why they kept this chunk limit for homesteads because this is the exact reason why guild halls were useless in terms of decorations. I'm very, very disappointed and lost motivation to further decorate my home because ... well ... I can't.

Please soften the chunk limit by a big amount.

wow ridiculous, what a disappointment to hear, i was looking forward to that area limit being reduced or eliminated, I guess not....  The movement and resizing is amazing, but this really dampens it, you would think in 2024 they wouldnt have data limits on decorations due to how cheap cloud storage has become.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

wow ridiculous, what a disappointment to hear, i was looking forward to that area limit being reduced or eliminated, I guess not....  The movement and resizing is amazing, but this really dampens it, you would think in 2024 they wouldnt have data limits on decorations due to how cheap cloud storage has become.

Keep in mind that this might just be a bug - and this is my big hope.

• Like 2