Your order involvment post core story

Isopod.4156

Sorry for the bad title but I've had the thought, is what order you joined ever brought up post core story? Like are there ever split missions like during the order storyline in core, or do npcs just occasionally reference it.

• Like 1

I don't know about the other orders, but there are order of whispers agents in the world that will talk to you if you're a member, revealing information of the area. Also, there are hidden rooms you can access. I've only found 1, but there might be more. Hint, the hidden room I found is in lions arch.

If you like RP, pick the one that matches you. I only don't like the vigil now... I joined them once and for a military order, they had never been exposed to military strategy. Seemed too odd to overlook.

The Priory seem interesting, but I would want access to their archives, to read up on lore, etc. to my knowledge, there is nothing exclusive in this light. 

It's the same reason I don't like playing as an engineer. I'm supposed to be talented, but all the big jobs are done by others. 

The order should continue to be part of your experience. And to my knowledge, only the order of whispers has anything for RP, after the missions.

But it's not significant enough that if you like the idea of being a scholar over a spy, just do it.

The messages from order agents is generally useless. And the hidden rooms are in safe zones already. Also, your character will call someone Master, which comes off as odd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isopod.4156 said:

Sorry for the bad title but I've had the thought, is what order you joined ever brought up post core story? Like are there ever split missions like during the order storyline in core, or do npcs just occasionally reference it.

The Pact suffered 90% KIA during the initial attack on the Heart of Maguuma. This would have affected the Orders heavily as well since the 90% KiA would be divided amongst their members. I think that for a long while after the Orders, aside from the Vigil since it has the lowest entry requirement and it only really got back in the story in the later half of LW s4, were largely a non-entity.

• Like 1

After the personal story there are no more splits, you sometimes get choices about what to do but it doesn't brach off into different instances. There are a few places in the story, and in open world maps, where you get different or additional dialogue for being part of an Order. If you're a member it's most noticable for the Order of Whispers because you use code phrases to identify yourself and then get the extra info, the Vigil and Priory ones are more direct and so can be easier to miss.

HoT includes a backpack collection for each Order and for years I thought that was tied to which Order you picked, but it turns out you can pick any of them, I just lined them up with my character's Orders.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

I don't know about the other orders, but there are order of whispers agents in the world that will talk to you if you're a member, revealing information of the area. Also, there are hidden rooms you can access. I've only found 1, but there might be more. Hint, the hidden room I found is in lions arch.

There's more, including one of my favorites: Guutra's Homestead

But overall, there's almost no overt recognition of your Order choice past the core story. A bit of a lost opportunity, but it makes sense Anet didn't decide to invest into three extra branches of story flair for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

There used to be extra dialogue in expansions that referenced things you've done in the story. You could find it everywhere. The first major one was your mentor in the HoT finale and one of the first npcs you can find when you enter Auric Basin.

Now all dialogue that appears is based on the assumption that you played everything up to that point.

• Confused 1

Thank you guys, I've always chosen priory cause I like the idea of the knowledge collection and exploration but I do want the other order skins so i was thinking of having two characters join them just for that, but i havent gotten far in the story past core so I wasnt sure if it would matter post core ^^