Ele got a PvP nerf with this update.

reikken.4961

Ele is fine overall. We have a viable build, just not a meta one, and that's not because we're weak. Every other profession can just do our job better, and this patch didn't help that situation one bit. SB is still more mobile and does more damage while being able to survive well enough. Holo still does insane burst. Firebrand's support was buffed. By comparison, ele is still crap, but it's not crap on its own. On the other hand, with the condition nerfs, only power damage is a threat to us. We already didn't have much problem against condis, and now we definitely won't have any problems against them! So maybe we'll have a spot in the meta against condi heavy teams, if those will still even exist now. We'll have to play to find out!

@reikken.4961 said:Now builds that aren't wet tissue paper no longer have fury. As if ele wasn't already the weakest pvp class. This is highly amusing. I wonder what the thinking behind this was. Any ideas?

Looks like this patch was specifically targeted towards conditions, as a result weak spot got removed, fury moved to air traits and a weaker version of arcane fury. Ele really did get screwed even harder as now water + arcane no longer gives you access to fury and air requires you to crit first before you gain fury.

Conditions builds WEREN'T nerfed. A nerf is a REDUCTION. They still have that damage. They increased duration to make the damage the same. The problem will still persist of constant application and reapplication of conditions will still remain, how they STILL managed to nerf ele is hilarious. We needed that Fury, Other classes dont have to be zerk to deal good damage, it seems like for Ele that is a requirement :/

What i am not understanding is why so many damage buffs, condition removal buffs and such happen to others and we got an extra nerf :/

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:(PVP) I don't know...this is a patch where you look more on other classes then our ele...to see what future awaits for us in kinda new meta. We probably have some answers after next monthly.

Still bugs me why they buff boon stuff on ele...corrupt still exists.

They didnt buff boons, they nerfed them. Fury > Might. Fresh Air builds didnt really need the Fury. Everyone else did. I mean the LEAST they could have done is upped our actual damage! like they did with MANY other abilities. If you're not full zerk. You hit like a wet noodle with the Sword and that hassnt been fixed and now is even worse with the lose of Fury. Because You're not going to be able to take Weaver, Water, Arcana and Air. So you're going to have to drop either Water or Arcana and dropping either of them is a big hit.

@Aedaryl.3195 said:It's a buff to weaver fresh air burst right ? Arcane fury is not needed since we have weak point changed to 2s fury (arcane blast proc it anyways) and now we have 100% vulnerabilty on double attenuement and we can stack 3-5 stack of might before bursting.

Am I right ?

It's barely even a buff. I wouldn't call it as one. We had the same amount of fury before anyway due to 2x times swap to air. The 5% extra damage means nothing, as the damage was never the problem with weaver FA.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:(PVP) I don't know...this is a patch where you look more on other classes then our ele...to see what future awaits for us in kinda new meta. We probably have some answers after next monthly.

Still bugs me why they buff boon stuff on ele...corrupt still exists.

They didnt buff boons, they nerfed them. Fury > Might. Fresh Air builds didnt really need the Fury. Everyone else did. I mean the LEAST they could have done is upped our actual damage! like they did with MANY other abilities. If you're not full zerk. You hit like a wet noodle with the Sword and that hassnt been fixed and now is even worse with the lose of Fury. Because You're not going to be able to take Weaver, Water, Arcana and Air. So you're going to have to drop either Water or Arcana and dropping either of them is a big hit.

I stand corrected. Hmm after short test with no might stacking: rune of strength, sigil of battle with arcane+fresh air...and with button mashing you have 10 stack might mostly - it kinda buff...like a 10 stack of might for free for core s/f builds

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:I stand corrected. Hmm after short test with no might stacking: rune of strength, sigil of battle with arcane+fresh air...and with button mashing you have 10 stack might mostly - it kinda buff...like a 10 stack of might for free for core s/f builds

Try it without the sigil of Battle and fresh air. That spec didnt need fury, plus who uses Sigil of Battle anymore!? In fact. Try doing the same thing but DONT use Arcana at all. See how much difference the Might is. Its a stronger trait on Weaver, sure. But for the Might from the trait itself. You're looking at maybe 4 stacks, maybe squeezing to 5 stacks at times. stacks base/Tempest ele and maybe 3-4 tops with Weaver? 1 stack of might every 3-4seconds is hardly worth the loss of Fury though.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:I stand corrected. Hmm after short test with no might stacking: rune of strength, sigil of battle with arcane+fresh air...and with button mashing you have 10 stack might mostly - it kinda buff...like a 10 stack of might for free for core s/f builds

Try it without the sigil of Battle and fresh air. That spec didnt need fury, plus who uses Sigil of Battle anymore!? In fact. Try doing the same thing but DONT use Arcana at all. See how much difference the Might is. Its a stronger trait on Weaver, sure. But for the Might from the trait itself. You're looking at maybe 4 stacks, maybe squeezing to 5 stacks at times. stacks base/Tempest ele and maybe 3-4 tops with Weaver? 1 stack of might every 3-4seconds is hardly worth the loss of Fury though.

That's why it's KINDA buff not much important for optimal spec. I see nothing that makes instantly waver better. Like I said earlier ...we need to check how of meta reacts.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:That's why it's KINDA buff not much important for optimal spec. I see nothing that makes instantly waver better. Like I said earlier ...we need to check how of meta reacts.

Losing 20% Crit chance for a boon we already have good access to isn't a buff. Its a nerf to every spec that uses Arcana. The only build that MIGHT get something from this is Fresh Air /w Arcana builds. Everyone else? Nope. A nerf.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:That's why it's KINDA buff not much important for optimal spec. I see nothing that makes instantly waver better. Like I said earlier ...we need to check how of meta reacts.

Losing 20% Crit chance for a boon we already have good access to isn't a buff. Its a nerf to every spec that uses Arcana. The only build that MIGHT get something from this is Fresh Air /w Arcana builds. Everyone else? Nope. A nerf.

Dude I am not arguing - it's a garbage patch and that's it

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:Dude I am not arguing - it's a garbage patch and that's it

You're wrong. Having a garbage patch would actually be BETTER than the mess we have. How the WORST condi builds (Ele, base engi, Rev) got nerfed, while the strong ones got BUFFED and how other classes saw direct damage buffs - ele got direct damage NERFS!? No Deaths Judgement, Spell Breaker or anything...Ele!? Why!? Lol

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:Dude I am not arguing - it's a garbage patch and that's it

You're wrong. Having a garbage patch would actually be BETTER than the mess we have. How the WORST condi builds (Ele, base engi, Rev) got nerfed, while the strong ones got BUFFED and how other classes saw direct damage buffs - ele got direct damage NERFS!? No Deaths Judgement, Spell Breaker or anything...Ele!? Why!? Lol

incompetence I guess.. Their balance team doesn't seem to play the game. Weaver is so bad unless you make it a 1 trick pony.

@Xillllix.3485 said:incompetence I guess.. Their balance team doesn't seem to play the game. Weaver is so bad unless you make it a 1 trick pony.

Pay. 2. Win.Rather odd that condi ele which is BARELY played, i cant remember the last time i saw one got nerfed. Base Condi engi got nerfed, condi Renegade (which sucked before as well...) also got nerfed. The STRONGEST 1 Vs 1 spec...got buffed Lol

most of that 10 might you're getting is sigil of battle. not the trait. You're only getting like 4 might from the trait

Archived