Ele got a PvP nerf with this update.

reikken.4961

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@Asur.9178 said:People wanna play bunker/sustain AND deal tons of damage...the logic of gw2 professional players.

I'm being sarcastic, if that wasn't obvious.

There are builds from other classes that do this already. People just want to compete with them. Also, ele is trash tie in PvP atm, so I see no reason for there to be no buffs.

That simply means that those builds need to be nerfed. That is how GOOD balancing works. Not by constant power creeping and allowing bunkers/sustains to deal as much damage as they do.

@Asur.9178 said:

@Asur.9178 said:People wanna play bunker/sustain AND deal tons of damage...the logic of gw2 professional players.

There are builds from other classes that do this already. People just want to compete with them. Also, ele is trash tie in PvP atm, so I see no reason for there to be no buffs.

That simply means that those builds need to be nerfed. That is how GOOD balancing works. Not by constant power creeping and allowing bunkers/sustains to deal as much damage as they do.

This is potentially how good balancing works IF you have frequent balance patches. Its ill informed hacking for Eles at the moment. Builds for pvp = bouncing about like a mad yoda thief on steroids, or constantly trying to kite. terrible game play that seems to be designed by someone who doesn't understand ranged castor game play.

@Asur.9178 said:

Not that I disagree with you, except, do those other classes ever get nerfed? It's already established that the best 1v1 class in the game actually got buffed even further! How is that "GOOD" balancing?

Undoing power creep is admirable, but balance is more important. Sure, you can achieve balance by nerfing the weakest classes and then mega nerfing everything down to that level. but it's much faster, and more reliable, to only nerf the strong classes. And it's absolutely asinine to nerf the weakest classes first and then only nerf the strong ones later.

@reikken.4961 said:Now builds that aren't wet tissue paper no longer have fury. As if ele wasn't already the weakest pvp class. This is highly amusing. I wonder what the thinking behind this was. Any ideas?

I don't mind this change because Air applies fury now. You can use runes of rage to increase your overall fury duration with a slight increase in your dmg ( +5% more dmg while under the effect of fury).

@Loboling.5293 said:

Incompetent imbecills nerfing the worst class in the game even harder.

Why are you talking about Revenant? This is an ele thread...

Oh while you're here, please explain to me how big this rev nerf is. People are saying rev got nerfed harder than ele did, but afaik rev just lost a sigil. that's not as much of a nerf as losing fury and some condi damage

@reikken.4961 said:

@"sparda.5034" said:

Oh while you're here, please explain to me how big this rev nerf is. People are saying rev got nerfed harder than ele did, but afaik rev just lost a sigil. that's not as much of a nerf as losing fury and some condi damage

They nerfed Rev sustain and spike damage in the last two updates (however, the sword changes allow you to recover some burst in exchange for defense) .

Spike:Equilibrium removed (last update)

Both:Off- Hand Sword changed from mobility, cc and block to damage and mobility. (last update)*Only off-hand defensive option is now in Herald...

Sustain:Changed from vulnerability on crit to "on entering combat"... (This update)Revenant steals health (dmg + healing) on striking targets with vuln. So this changed from constant uptime on all your multihit abilities, to lower vuln that only lasts 5 seconds on entering combat... (This update)

So basically, Rev does similar damage (but he's lost some defense to do so), but his sustain is also lower. And yet, I still enjoy playing rev... I'm broken inside. haha

@Loboling.5293 said:

You're crazy if you think Rev is the weakest class in the game. Bias. Ele is in a MUCH worse state. Got damage AND condition nerfs to an ALREADY weak class. Rev got nerfs to things that were needed, doing 8k+ for swapping legend was hardly that skill based.

Boon spam Herald is still very strong, Condi rev (not renegade) is still strong, support rev is still decent. I STILL see more Revs when roaming that i see ele, why? Because ele gets munched with ease unless you're specific builds and still wont be enough against quite a few of the classes and builds out here.

@"Loboling.5293" said:Spike:Equilibrium removed (last update)

Both:Off- Hand Sword changed from mobility, cc and block to damage and mobility. (last update)*Only off-hand defensive option is now in Herald...

Sustain:Changed from vulnerability on crit to "on entering combat"... (This update)Revenant steals health (dmg + healing) on striking targets with vuln. So this changed from constant uptime on all your multihit abilities, to lower vuln that only lasts 5 seconds on entering combat... (This update)

So basically, Rev does similar damage (but he's lost some defense to do so), but his sustain is also lower. And yet, I still enjoy playing rev... I'm broken inside. haha

1) Deserved to be removed. Swapping legend shouldnt be doing huge chunks of damage. Ever.

2) Focus = only good for defense. Dagger = Only good for Mobility. We get defense OR mobility. Thats it with off hands.

3) Good job that Rev boon spamming hasnt been nerfed. Good job you still have Devastation for even more sustain. Its not like you DONT have options. They are there if you want to use them.

Has rev been nerfed? Yes. Were they needed? Most of them. Are they the weakest class in the game? Not a chance.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@"Loboling.5293" said:Spike:Equilibrium removed (last update)

1) Deserved to be removed. Swapping legend shouldnt be doing huge chunks of damage. Ever.

2) Focus = only good for defense. Dagger = Only good for Mobility. We get defense OR mobility. Thats it with off hands.

3) Good job that Rev boon spamming hasnt been nerfed. Good job you still have Devastation for even more sustain. Its not like you DONT have options. They are there if you want to use them.

Has rev been nerfed? Yes. Were they needed? Most of them. Are they the weakest class in the game? Not a chance.

They are pretty darn weak in pvp... They have condi dps for pve, or healing support. Power is not viable, outside wvw. I fail to see how ele is a worse class. Weaver may be complex, but it's strength is hard to ignore. Renegade is fun, but pretty bad. (outside raids) Herald is no longer really viable in pvp (although, it's fine in any match without too much condi)

Ele sure has been dethroned this expansion. But they are still strong in pvp (I think rank 3 is an fa zerker weaver), strong in wvw (although rev probably edges out ahead), and have no glaring weaknesses. And they still deal some of the most damage in pve (with different builds even).

Edit: (Can't find the higher level fresh air footage I saw, but there are more than one viable high end pvp build; although, ele might be just as bad as rev in tournaments not sure)

Edit 2: Also, I agree with you that Equilibrium burst was too high. Just that revs are really hurting, and they are only nerfing them.

@"Loboling.5293" said:

They are pretty darn weak in pvp... They have condi dps for pve, or healing support. Power is not viable, outside wvw. I fail to see how ele is a worse class. Weaver may be complex, but it's strength is hard to ignore. Renegade is fun, but pretty bad. (outside raids) Herald is no longer really viable in pvp (although, it's fine in any match without too much condi)

Ele sure has been dethroned this expansion. But they are still strong in pvp (I think rank 3 is an fa zerker weaver), strong in wvw (although rev probably edges out ahead), and have no glaring weaknesses. And they still deal some of the most damage in pve (with different builds even).

Edit: (Can't find the higher level fresh air footage I saw, but there are more than one viable high end pvp build; although, ele might be just as bad as rev in tournaments not sure)

Edit 2: Also, I agree with you that Equilibrium burst was too high. Just that revs are really hurting, and they are only nerfing them.

PvP. Yuck. That mode is dreadful. Have a look in WvW and then see, i still see WAY more Revs than eles. The few eles i see are zerg surfing. Because. Well solo is rather difficult to say the least.

Everything is viable in PvE, unless you're thinking that Riads are some elite level content, its not. Raids in this game are woeful. You an beat them with less. Just some seem to think this is Heroic Level content like WoW has which actually IS hard.

Weaver is okay, as long as you dont use sword. Sword does DREADFUL damage :/ The issue with Weaver is that it got a weapon that is WORSE than everything it currently has, it offers a few little things here and there but its not as strong as Main hand Dagger or Scepter in terms of damage by a LONG way. Ele is only "good" in one or 2 builds, if you dont want to run that, you will struggle.

Revenant CAN do well in many builds, just a LOT of people reliant on certain traits and now that they have been removed. Suddenly the class is weak. I do agree that Renegade just flat out sucks at the moment but base Rev and Herald is still solid enough that they can be used in multiple game modes doing multiple different things.

Archived