Now that spear has been nerfed, could we get some much needed updates to Warrior?

Grith.9534

With the (in my opinion) mostly justified nerfs out of the way, could someone at Arena Net @Cal Cohen.2358 please look into updating the numerous broken/outdated traits, utilities, and weapon skills that have plagued the class for years? Many could be fixed fairly easily. I'll throw out a few of my ideas as a 12 year Warrior main for what it's worth.

To name just a few...

*Crack Shot* - Slightly improves the auto attack chain of rifle, longbow, and harpoon. It doesnt even reduce the cooldowns of said weapon skills anymore (apart from rifle 4 randomly?) yet retains the tool tip. Utterly useless trait.

SOLUTION: Gain a stack of Crack Shot for 15s when striking an enemy at 600 range or greater. You deal +1% Strike and Condition damage per stack of Crack Shot, up to a maximum of 10 stacks.

This would be similar to Physical Training in Strength or Fierce as Fire in Bladesworn. It would provide a decent incentive for the Warrior to stay at range and stack the buff.

*Sun and Moon Style* - Provides 0 benefit unless you have daggers equipped, and even then it's generally just worse than the other options outside of PvE. Instead, it should stay with the bottom row's theme of disrupting the enemy, without being useless unless you have daggers equipped.

SOLUTION: Disabling an enemy grants a stack of Sun and Moon Style for 20 seconds (5s cooldown). Your next attack deals +25% damage and heals you for 33% of the damage delt.

Similar to the Opening Strike mechanic for ranger, except that it rewards landing CC rather than Fury generation. Would syngerize nicely with a variety of builds without being dependent on dagger usage. Using high damage skills after a CC would be incentivized.

*Revenge Counter* - Still increases the damage of Full Counter despite Full Counter no longer dealing damage in PvP/WvW. The trait is never used, not even against condition builds.

SOLUTION: Revenge Counter no longer increases the damage of Full Counter by 20%. Instead, it transfers (rather than copies) 3 conditions and grants 4 seconds of Resolution in addition to Resistance.

This would give it a niche use against condition builds.

*Dragon Slash* - Ever since losing the daze from the trait Unyealding Dragon, Bladesworn has fallen into a state of near unviability in sPvP and WvW. However, the power of having a daze on your Dragon Slashes made the trait an auto-pick.

SOLUTION: Simply adding a 1/4 or 1/2 second daze to Dragon Slash - Force baseline would go a long way in my opinion.

It would reward the Bladesworn for landing the most difficult of the three Dragon Slashes to land without making Unyielding Dragon an auto-pick.

*Natural Healing*: This heal skill has never even been close to viable. The cooldown and cast times are far too long to justify its use. Additionally, removing boons from yourself is rarely worth it, even on Spellbreaker.

SOLUTION: Reduce the cast time to 1s. Instead of removing conditions or boon, Natural Healing grants 5 seconds of "Dwayna's Favor". While under the effects of Dwayna's Favor, removing a boon heals you for some small amount.

*Throw Bolas* - A borderline useless utility.

SOLUTION: Throw Bolas should be an AoE skill that can hit up to 3 targets in a small radius. Additionally, it should apply a 1/4 second daze on hit.

It would still probably be bad, but might have some niche uses in group play.

*Kill Shot* - The long cast time and self root make Kill Shot one of the worst burst skills in game. The damage is decent, however the skill is extremely easy to avoid and results in only a minor DPS gain due to the long cast time.

SOLUTION: Allow movement while casting the skill. Reduce the cast time to 1 second.

*Eviserate* - Not a bad burst skill, but its highly telegraphed and doesn't have enough pay-off when it lands. The mediocrity of Eviserate has held Axe back now for some time.

SOLUTION: Increase the leap speed to make the skill harder to dodge. Increase the might granted on hit from 1 to 3 stacks. Reduce the aftercast.

*Hundred Blades* - This skill can be pretty good with quickness against a CC'd or downed target. However, the pay off is not enough considering how much work you have to do to make it land. If you compare it to Whirling Wrath on Guardian Greatsword, you'll realize how much room for improvement there is.

SOLUTION: Reduce the cast time to around 2.5 or 2.75 seconds (this would give it a similar or slightly better DPS than Whirling Wrath) and increase max targets to 5.

A melee skill that requires you to be immobile needs to be extremely rewarding to land in a game with so much movement. A 2.5 or 2.75 second cast time would make it possible to land the entire skill on a CC'd target without quickness.

These are just a few easy solutions to Warrior's most outstanding problems. There are still many other issues that need to be addressed, however this would be a good start. Please Anet, don't make me play Willbender like everyone else. I love Warrior, but its really starting to show its rust.

Edited by Grith.9534
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I agree with all changes except Sun and Moon Style. I use dagger offhand a lot and i want to keep my healing at all times. Having to cc the enemies with the amount of stability and random evades will never activate in small groups etc. Also it will make certain skill broken again and anet will proceed nerfing the skills or make the trait useless.

I have good news for the warriors.

I have consulted my lawyers once.
Their answer: would the people in the balancing team be happy if you bought a car with 300 ps and 2 weeks later the manufacturer comes and says: unfortunately we have to take away 200 ps, it's too powerful. but no money back!
You couldn't take legal action against it.

We can do the same. Apart from these clowns moderators in this forum, Can we actually take action against Anet. We all bought the extension on the false promise of hope

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Trippler.3489 said:

Their answer: would the people in the balancing team be happy if you bought a car with 300 ps and 2 weeks later the manufacturer comes and says: unfortunately we have to take away 200 ps, it's too powerful. but no money back!

We can do the same. Apart from these clowns moderators in this forum, Can we actually take action against Anet. We all bought the extension on the false promise of hope

Sadly I'm not American

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Trippler.3489 said:

You can try that (even though I think that's a bit stretch) but it won't really change the "relationship" of balance team and warrior profession. You would have to have balance team replaced and hope for more objective and deeper approach to balancing (not only for warrior).

I am also pretty sick of community ignoring other outliers in the game while screaming spear op. Hypocritical sewage...

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

On 9/15/2024 at 6:01 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And 6.6% more damage on a volley. Much wow.

Its actually asinine that anyone who let this "Patch notes"  pass actually thought that this change would have made any difference.

This was just spitefully stating "We know warrior rifle exists but we wont do anything to fix it".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I genuinely don't understand the rifle changes.

Like, the weapon's absurdly far behind all the other weapons including spear (and according to some of them knowledgeable pvers, longbow too even on power builds? can't confirm but doesn't seem that farfetched) and it got some of the most hesistant changes.

Clearly they aren't afraid of ranged weapons doing good dps, so why not go nuts with the buffs for a while? It's not like the weapon's ever been good.
Give it some time to shine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Like, the weapon's absurdly far behind all the other weapons including spear (and according to some of them knowledgeable pvers, longbow too even on power builds? can't confirm but doesn't seem that farfetched) and it got some of the most hesistant changes.

Clearly they aren't afraid of ranged weapons doing good dps, so why not go nuts with the buffs for a while? It's not like the weapon's ever been good.

29 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

This was just spitefully stating "We know warrior rifle exists but we wont do anything to fix it".

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

You're beginning to understand. 

• Confused 1