Spellbreaker is still best in slot duelist and overperforming

3 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Are people just melodramatic and trying to downplay the situation?

Nope we're just tired. The warrior community understands that spb is a problem, kitten we been calling for it's fix/nerf for years. We're just annoyed that due to spb we just had two of the best weapons we had in years that bought other warrior profession to light get gutted, and forcing us back to spb to be competitive.

Edited by HawaiianDreads.5473
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

It's a little comical how dominant Warrior was/has been, then nerfs finally came, and Warriors were immediately like "are you happy, Warrior deleted", yet it's still performing quite well. It got brought down from orbit. Are people just melodramatic and trying to downplay the situation?

No.

The other warrior specs have giant issues but spellbreaker is so obstructive to the conversation that people can't even discern that other players who don't want to play spellbreaker (or have hangups with weapon viability tanking because of one overperforming spec) exist. 

The warriors are being weird because most of them said "nerf spellbreaker, they nerf around the problem all the time", the community went "SpEaR? STAfF?", anet listened, and now spellbreaker is still beating them up because spear and staff werent the problem. 

But for the people that don't want to play spellbreaker, its a nerf to the kits that they were using to build off meta.

You know how this goes. Engineer has had a couple rounds of this too.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, HawaiianDreads.5473 said:

Nope we're just tired. The warrior community understands that spb is a problem, kitten we been calling for it's fix/nerf for years. We're just annoyed that due to spb we just had two of the best weapons we had in years that bought other warrior profession to light get gutted, and forcing us back to spb to be competitive.

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

No.

The other warrior specs have giant issues but spellbreaker is so obstructive to the conversation that people can't even discern that other players who don't want to play spellbreaker (or have hangups with weapon viability tanking because of one overperforming spec) exist. 

The warriors are being weird because most of them said "nerf spellbreaker, they nerf around the problem all the time", the community went "SpEaR? STAfF?", anet listened, and now spellbreaker is still beating them up because spear and staff werent the problem. 

But for the people that don't want to play spellbreaker, its a nerf to the kits that they were using to build off meta.

You know how this goes. Engineer has had a couple rounds of this too.

I had written up something longer, but accidentally deleted the tab. RIP.

I went through the Sept. 10th changes and don't see the what the fuss is about. You sustain slightly less, Spear 4 doesn't obliterate people with your eyes closed, and Spear 5 doesn't tuck you into bed and do your taxes for you now. The weapons were objectively over-tuned and now require thought to use (i.e. blocks and animation range matter).

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I went through the Sept. 10th changes and don't see the what the fuss is about. You sustain slightly less, Spear 4 doesn't obliterate people with your eyes closed, and Spear 5 doesn't tuck you into bed and do your taxes for you now. The weapons were objectively over-tuned and now require thought to use (i.e. blocks and animation range matter).

Well doesn't matter now those few changes were enough to hurt the already struggling warrior professions other than spb (that's how undertuned our other specs are), so many warriors went back to the kitten that is spb, so the pvp community will just have deal with spb for the foreseeable future until anet they correct it...if they correct it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Spear 4 can be facetanked now and has an arbitrary requirement for most of the skill to even manifest .

Spear 5 now ccs the user if a player puts up  Mag aura or a reflective block at any point after the obvious-kitten twirl.

Theres a difference between "requires more thought to use" and liability, but whatever. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Dont really know why you keep insisting on power zerker in the current state of the game, where if you dont have ports or absurd sustain / invulns or both you get deleted. Zerker lacks too many tools.

So fix it~

People here whine incessantly when warrior approaches the tool threshold you see as necessary to survive. It stands to reason they should fix the specs that cant compete.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, HawaiianDreads.5473 said:

Well doesn't matter now those few changes were enough to hurt the already struggling warrior professions other than spb (that's how undertuned our other specs are), so many warriors went back to the kitten that is spb, so the pvp community will just have deal with spb for the foreseeable future until anet they correct it...if they correct it.

Struggling is certainly one way to put it. I vaguely recall Warrior also having excellent support and condi/bow builds recently? My sense of time in this game is distorted.

Yes, this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Defensive_Condizerker

Warrior is still sitting on infinite reflects too. Like an anti-fun time bomb waiting to explode the next time Bladesworn or a block-heavy remotely sees play again. I suppose I prefer it to Virt, that class needs to be defensively re-calibrated.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Spear 4 can be facetanked now and has an arbitrary requirement for most of the skill to even manifest .

Spear 5 now ccs the user if a player puts up  Mag aura or a reflective block at any point after the obvious-kitten twirl.

Theres a difference between "requires more thought to use" and liability, but whatever. 

I don't really believe it can be facetanked... To me, face tank damage is ~3-4k or lower (depending on amulet). Also, the arbitrary requirement of "hit" isn't some high bar lol. Idk why they even introduced these auto-hit skills like Dragons Tooth and Rev GS 5.

Spear 5 is purely a better Overcharged Shot imo. I'd trade for it any day, even in it's nerfed state lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/15/2024 at 1:55 AM, bethekey.8314 said:

Struggling is certainly one way to put it. I vaguely recall Warrior also having excellent support and condi/bow builds recently? My sense of time in this game is distorted.

Yes, this one: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Defensive_Condizerker

Warrior is still sitting on infinite reflects too. Like an anti-fun time bomb waiting to explode the next time Bladesworn or a block-heavy remotely sees play again. I suppose I prefer it to Virt, that class needs to be defensively re-calibrated.

I don't really believe it can be facetanked... To me, face tank damage is ~3-4k or lower (depending on amulet). Also, the arbitrary requirement of "hit" isn't some high bar lol. Idk why they even introduced these auto-hit skills like Dragons Tooth and Rev GS 5.

Spear 5 is purely a better Overcharged Shot imo. I'd trade for it any day, even in it's nerfed state lol.

Condi Zerker is a playstyle that had its strike damage defenses pretty neutered with the Savage Instict and Eternal Champion nerfs October 17th. This also hard handicapped Power Zerkers sustain abilities in PvP as well. Condi zerker also plays like kitten on a stick and is slower then an iceberg, its not fun for the player or its victim.

The support build just got hard nerfed because of Warrior Staff containing about 80-90% of warriors healing capability. This got nerfed because SPB was abusing the Heretic Amulet along with Staff. Yet again the rest of warrior suffers because one Elite Spec is aggravatingly overperforming.

Bladesworn was essentially nerfed out of the game. It sees no play on any layer of competitive play since all it had was sustain and defences. Anet stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that the Elite spec exists and is in DIRE need of help on every level. 

There are other professions that can create a team wide level of projectile reflect, yet warrior having access to it for one person is the issue.

Facetanking Spearmarshals refers to the fact that with perma prot (which many professions have) and 2 stacks of aegis you can essentially just stand there and let it do damage. There is no real threat of it doing enough damage to put you in an akward position.
This has become doubly so since the mechanic of "The first spear has to hit" mechanic was introduced, one stack of aegis negates this skill in its entirety. You should have nerfed the damage or added this mechanic, not both.
kitten, you can roll once and dodge 80% of its damage.

Spear swipe has become a liability more then a useful ability in this situation, its now also on a 25 second cooldown, thats longer then some elite skills with 1/10 of the effect. Team wide projectile reflects cause this skill to knock you down more then enemies, so you cant fight any team with a Tempest.
If you wanna trade overcharged shot for Spear swipe in its current form, im down to trade right now.
I'll take a knockback shot that clears movement impairments on a 15 sec CD with a 1200 range in a heartbeat instead of the current iteration of spear swipe.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

I'm just so happy to hear that my scrapper will be able to face tank warriors now... and doesn't have to play like an end game boss fight every time a SPB is on node!   Watch out Yerl and rool... here I come!

I mean you still have to deal with those hammer/GS spb who will stunlock you to death but yeah no longer have to worry about spear.

Edited by HawaiianDreads.5473

11 minutes ago, HawaiianDreads.5473 said:

I mean you still have to deal with those hammer/GS spb who will stunlock you to death but yeah no longer have to worry about spear.

oh... with one stun break, 15k health and often times no sources of stab on the meta build, I'll have to worry about spear.  No way my class is face tanking that.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I could not come up with a statement more wrong than that if I tried. 

Brick layers build walls, and the only thing consistant in warrior being viable, is as a brickwall deuelist. But then again, staff-spear SPB was more like a brick wall on wheels, whith cannons ports.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Yet again the rest of warrior suffers because one Elite Spec is aggravatingly overperforming.

This is frustrating, I know.

There are other professions that can create a team wide level of projectile reflect, yet warrior having access to it for one person is the issue.

Mesmer may match Warriors in this, but I did quick maffs back when Bladesworn was meta and found that they can maintain 100% projectile reflect uptime against projectile builds. I rarely "give-up" entirely in matchups but as a Core Engineer player with only projectile weapons available (at the time, and pre SOTO)... this was absolutely disgusting levels of counter. I maintain that projectile reflect is the hardest counter/defense in the game (not only negates, but returns damage) and can be maintained the longest. As long as Shield Master allows Aegis to reflect infinite projectiles over its duration, I will say good riddance to Bladesworn.

Facetanking Spearmarshals refers to the fact that with perma prot (which many professions have) and 2 stacks of aegis you can essentially just stand there and let it do damage. There is no real threat of it doing enough damage to put you in an akward position.

Spearmarhals isn't unique in that situation. Prot and aegis spam affects all power abilities.

Spear swipe has become a liability more then a useful ability in this situation, its now also on a 25 second cooldown, thats longer then some elite skills with 1/10 of the effect. Team wide projectile reflects cause this skill to knock you down more then enemies, so you cant fight any team with a Tempest.
If you wanna trade overcharged shot for Spear swipe in its current form, im down to trade right now.
I'll take a knockback shot that clears movement impairments on a 15 sec CD with a 1200 range in a heartbeat instead of the current iteration of spear swipe.

So, 23* seconds on a 5 skill is pretty common...your phrasing of it as a pseudo-elite is weird.

It is also a little comical how you downplay Warrior's abundance of reflects earlier, then complain how the reflects are ruining your new ability. I can't help but laugh at others experiencing the literal reflect-hell Engineers have been living in for years.

Did you know Overcharged Shot self-cc'd you ~the very thing you're complaining about~ until 2021? That's about 10 years! To combat the self-cc, Engineers used to pre-stab or stunbreak it. If Warriors are having such difficulty not-ccing themselves (😂), might I then offer a few untested suggestions:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brave_Stride - Auto-stability when you use Spear Swipe

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warrior's_Sprint - Movement impair break, seems like it should work if Brave Stride does. Since you value it on Overcharged Shot so much lol

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Full_Counter - Use it before Spear Swipe for the Stability

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balanced_Stance - Use it before Spear Swipe for the Stability

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternal_Champion - Use it before Spear Swipe for the Stability

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Line_Breaker - Use it before Spear Swipe to return Unblockable

I mean cmon. The ability is good and this...

Spear swipe has become a liability more then a useful ability in this situation

...this is peak whine to me.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Confused 1

On 9/14/2024 at 7:55 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

I don't really believe it can be facetanked... To me, face tank damage is ~3-4k or lower (depending on amulet). 

Yes. 

Exactly.  I meant what I said. 

It hits for this hard on glass amulet.

Unless all the warriors are playing paladins or something, I've been standing in full spearmarshal casts and taking less than 4ish k for the whole thing on berserker. I don't run any mitigation that modifies strike damage applied to me. 

If you don't believe me, go try it or I'll be happy to link a gif.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 9/14/2024 at 7:34 AM, Zagerus.8675 said:

Bait out FC

it has 8.75 sec cooldown with Discipline due to Versitile Power bug (it gives FC double the intended cooldown reduction)

Now compare that to Spear 5, which had 20-14 sec cooldown, shorter CC, animation locks you to a dash after your evasion window ends, hits in line, not in 360 AoE, has shorter CC duration than FC against every target beond the first, doesn't reset F1 cooldown, and doesn't prock burst traits.

And spear 5 was apperantly somethng THE DEVS considered needs to be nerfed.

By their own standards Counter should be dumpstered.

• Thanks 1