PvE transfusion nerfs bad.

7 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

I can not even imagine how many times I saved people on VG with transfusion. Getting ported doesn't mean you are downed. Getting ported with a bad timing in the background (probably) means that. People aren't standing around and are waiting till a green field explodes after they got ported. They are running back. And when they manage to reach about the mid, they can be easily saved by Transfusion or at least with the signet.

yes that is why it is pointless and useless-your description rings a bell that you run quite often with a group:

1. runs training-progression as guild events to hang out

2. theeres no vertical nor horizontal progression

3. mixed bag of issues-you complain about people not doing greens in vg before the splits, except the split time when its mandatory actually and then having the same people mess up dodging teleports to save themselves.

4. i have a feeling you have pretty similar situation as me-u timenfit to play heal class.

5. if those issues are the point then you're better off finding more moderately organised group to proggress who'd bother call you out and work on your errors as healer.

Edited by HanYanrou.8629

2 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

nothing which is why they shouldnt remove it.

Then this should be regarded as very bad move, completely lacking any hindsight on the class design, role and usage.

There are many alternatives to nerf, if it even needs nerfing, this skill. But completely removing the mechanic... Sounds like amateur balancing coming from people that don't even play the game they trying to balance out. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Maybe training and progress groups dying constantly should wipe?

You're not wrong!
What training means here is learning content in order to successfully complete it. Some people suggesting that pulling people from wherever when they're downed as a low cooldown "get free out of jail card" somehow is crucial to practice encounters is misguided. Forcefully dragging people through content like that isn't excatly teaching them much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Judge Dread.9078 said:

If that was true they'd be going after the other classes that have instant rez/pulls. Or uniquely, removing the port on some of the classes downstates. Which they haven't. 

Honest question here, how many other classes have a rez that function at the level of this particular ability? 

34 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You're not wrong!
What training means here is learning content in order to successfully complete it. Some people suggesting that pulling people from wherever when they're downed as a low cooldown "get free out of jail card" somehow is crucial to practice encounters is misguided. Forcefully dragging people through content like that isn't excatly teaching them much.

lol you clearly dont do raids or strikes, at least not hard ones.  Nerfing this is a bad decision and its something that in PvE NOBODY is asking for.  All this will do is make scourge healer basically useless and inferior to chrono

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 14
  • Confused 6

46 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

lol you clearly dont do raids or strikes, at least not hard ones.

Clearly wrong, try again without making up baseless false claims like you did above.

46 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Nerfing this is a bad decision and its something that in PvE NOBODY is asking for.  All this will do is make scourge healer basically useless and inferior to chrono

You can see some people supporting/being fine with its removal, considering the strength of the effect and -lets put it this way- "low gameplay value" as far as actually completing encounter mechanics goes.

What exactly does heal scourge need that it doesn't have so that you think this one change makes it "basically useless"? Because spoiler alert: it won't be.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

lol you clearly dont do raids or strikes, at least not hard ones.  Nerfing this is a bad decision and its something that in PvE NOBODY is asking for.  All this will do is make scourge healer basically useless and inferior to chrono

Dragging people through Raids with bandaid builds isn't going to teach them anything beyond "you can ignore mechanics, healers will carry". You train people by making them learn the mechanics so that when they are playing in actual LFG groups, or with statics they will know how to deal with mechanics, that could be ignored in case they don't get a profession that can carry through certain mechanics. Fractals are a good example, because when FB's access to Aegis spam got cut down you could see many pugs struggle with mechanics, because they got used to FBs Aegising almost everything.

Scourge won't be inferior to Chrono, because they don't take the same effort. Scourge is a lot easier to play, but it has less tools, which is a fair trade. Scourge will still have access to range revive through Signet, decreasing the CD on that would actually be a decent tradeoff for the Transfusion change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Dragging people through Raids with bandaid builds isn't going to teach them anything beyond "you can ignore mechanics, healers will carry". You train people by making them learn the mechanics so that when they are playing in actual LFG groups, or with statics they will know how to deal with mechanics, that could be ignored in case they don't get a profession that can carry through certain mechanics. Fractals are a good example, because when FB's access to Aegis spam got cut down you could see many pugs struggle with mechanics, because they got used to FBs Aegising almost everything.

Scourge won't be inferior to Chrono, because they don't take the same effort. Scourge is a lot easier to play, but it has less tools, which is a fair trade. Scourge will still have access to range revive through Signet, decreasing the CD on that would actually be a decent tradeoff for the Transfusion change.

yah right like nerfing pve scourge is a learning moment for us all lol.  Nobody wants this.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

no NOBODY wants this. People who defend whatever anet does want this, but real players dont want this

I think, and have said as much, ANet is not doing a good job with their development. I am not pleased with either the current state, or direction, of the game....and yet I think that this one ability was OP and merited a nerf (but I would have done it differently).

BTW: "no nobody" means somebody.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

a must take profession.

hahahaha hooooo man.  Hohohohohoho man.  Way to tell on yourself, dear god.

But following that logic, can't wait to see portal removed from mesmer.  "Do the content yourself, learn to move, don't rely on other people's mobility!  No must-take professions!"

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/13/2024 at 7:25 PM, Judge Dread.9078 said:

True but given Anets track record, its highly unlikely that they'll go after the other pulls/rez etc.

This is ignorant on how transfusion worked on Scourge.  The initial cast pulls 4 people.  Then, once it ends, it does the same downstate pull as well.  Mix in 2x well of blood and a HS could, effectively, res a whole squad every 30 seconds.  This is likely why it was removed.  No other class can rez the entire squad as quickly.

Edited by Epsilon Indi.2031
  • Confused 4

As someone who actively leads raid trainings for my guild, I hate this change. I understand what people are saying about skipping hard mechanics or whatever the hell, but like... I also don't care. The barrier for entry to raiding is already high and my groups tend to include a lot of disabled people (neurodivergent, physically, or otherwise, we even currently have a Deaf/HoH player) who may not be welcome in external training groups or have been kicked out of groups before, and scourge pull has allowed us to keep a number of new raiders alive long enough to experience full mechanics. Are they going to get rid of every skill that actually rezzes downs? IMO they should if they're going to get rid of this one that just moves downed players. This just seems like a stupid-kitten decision to me.

To quote someone above: "Git Gud guys. No more wheelchair necro for newbies." This attitude is why a lot of people that want to raid don't start. If I had a dollar for every time my group had a new raider come through that have had negative experiences with other group, or been too afraid to start because of the reputation raids have, my student loans would be paid off. If you don't want it used, then don't use it. Ban it from your groups. It otherwise makes no sense to remove it in all modes if it's only screwing up one (you can just remove it from that mode! it's that way on other skills!), or if only a small, select group is saying it should be removed.

It also basically removes a reason to bring heal scourge as opposed to any other class, and that alone makes it a kitten balance option. ANet keeps saying they want people to be able to play whatever profession they want in whatever mode they want? Then they need to make sure that every profession is viable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3