You do not sit on the objective

Lighter.5631

its 2024 and people still think sitting in the circle is a thoughtful strate, crazy

Ok, sure, conquest is a unique game mode, i can understand people can't wire their brain to it.

But in push? One of the most well established pvp mode in the history of gaming? If you ever played any other pvp games like at all, you know you don't stand on the objective.

"let's all sit on the node and eat a trillion aoe damage from afar, that will definitely push the node to victory"

Activate your brain power dude.

Death ball strate requires comp synergy and even in death ball people roll for the squishy for kills and not camp on the objective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well until people realize it isn’t about capping or defending a node from being neutralized/capped then yes. It’s in beta and a new game mode, it’ll take awhile before people realize you don’t need to be in the heat of the fire. But you do need to push the cloud and it won’t push if an enemy is preventing it thus creating a node fight so eventually someone’s gonna get casted on with range regardless but I still see your point. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

its 2024 and people still think sitting in the circle is a thoughtful strate, crazy

Ok, sure, conquest is a unique game mode, i can understand people can't wire their brain to it.

But in push? One of the most well established pvp mode in the history of gaming? If you ever played any other pvp games like at all, you know you don't stand on the objective.

"let's all sit on the node and eat a trillion aoe damage from afar, that will definitely push the node to victory"

Death ball strate requires comp synergy and even in death ball people roll for the squishy for kills and not camp on the objective.

Word, and Push is also a very good boon ball trainer because you actually have to swap bunkers around going inside and outside the point so as to not get overwhelmed by debuff+fast enemy respawn. And definitely true that it takes precise coordination to kite around as a boon ball, which makes it odd that this mode is not only ranked but also DuoQ instead of full premade.

“our dps is getting ganged by 3 people off node? Better push the node and watch him die, Because pushing is the only way to win, so i can get ganged later and lose the objective and have our team snowballed, I'm so smart"

payload, unlike conquest, has been a classic pvp mode for over 20 years plus already come on.

Prime objective is to get the first kill and not get first killed so you can outnumber your enemy so you can push the objective super far While snowball Them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

it's a valuable strategy if your team keeps more pressure and sustain up 

15 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

“our dps is getting ganged by 3 people off node? Better push the node and watch him die, Because pushing is the only way to win, so i can get ganged later and lose the objective and have our team snowballed, I'm so smart"

payload, unlike conquest, has been a classic pvp mode for over 20 years plus already come on.

Prime objective is to get the first kill and not get first killed so you can outnumber your enemy so you can push the objective super far While snowball Them.

I mean, there are cases where you might want to push rather than try to save your teammate, since furthest push wins the game (a mechanic I find doesn't fit this game's combat style and map design).  It's still pretty situational, but I put being aware of and within vicinity of the objective above your little skirmishes.

It's not that you have stand on the node 100% of the time.

It's that players need to go to the node and be near it, so they can take turns rolling on and off of it to stall enemy push progress.

There are waaaaaay too many games I get where players are like 4000+ range from the node nearly the entire game, trying to chase 1v1s or w/e it is they're doing, and you have to actually take the time to stop and type and say: "Please help the node" because apparently they think a single player can carry the game and push the node solo or something.

I dunno but it's a great deal more frustrating than newbs in conquest. Something about it is extra extra obnoxious.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

Genji deserved it 💀💀

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

unironically, yes. This decides a lot of games IME. Especially if someone sneaks off with the point during the first team fight and gets a deep push.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Word, and Push is also a very good boon ball trainer because you actually have to swap bunkers around going inside and outside the point so as to not get overwhelmed by debuff+fast enemy respawn. And definitely true that it takes precise coordination to kite around as a boon ball, which makes it odd that this mode is not only ranked but also DuoQ instead of full premade.

Yes, that change single handedly made the mode more complicated for a less experianced players than conquest ever was. That is not a casual mechanic to play around while also watching to avoid the nuke of 3 to 4 players who can put you down in seconds.

Edited by Flowki.7194

"Just sit on node" does work, even with the debuff.

• Once you get the other team staggered coming back, it is very hard for them to group up and organize to attack your boon ball
  • You drop stacks when the node isn't contested
  • If some poor fool comes near your boon ball, you just pull em in and murder them quick. You only take ~2 stacks from this, and you drop them if it's not contested again quickly
  • A lot of the value support provides isn't in direct healing, but from preventing damage at all (constant reflect bubble, aura, aegis, knockbacks, etc), so it doesn't matter if you have stacks
  • Confused 1

Just have a match where 4 bunkers gang me off point because they realized their 5 man bunker sit on point is not working when i can nuke them in 2 seconds. But my healer sat on point trying to push While watching me getting ganged by 4 Bunker for the entire game

Surprised, the little time you get from sacrificing your teammate to push the node is no comparison to the time enemy get by getting the key kill and outnumber and snowball your team.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, calva.2914 said:

*other team controls node for 5 seconds uncontested* 

annnnd it’s gone. 

This makes no sense, 5 seconds of push is not even 1200 range. You throw more by keep snowballing in and not regroup for a full team re-contest

• Thanks 1