Homestead garden plots

5 hours ago, marquise.8059 said:

It looks good actually

P.S. Only the one room, the rest is as I suspected: https://preview.redd.it/my-hobbit-homestead-v0-9685l22zb0od1.jpeg?width=3440&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=714976f6bd2f987daa985134e7e024c43ca3e4ec

Still, the whole concept is extremely creative and the person must possess extraordinary patience with all the details they added. Just wow.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, marquise.8059 said:

I saw these and they are wonderful, but the pillar moss, for instance, needed for the hobbit house requires 2 reclaimed metal plates each for crafting. Kuddos for that person, but few people will have that many reclaimed plates in their bank.

You can salvage reclaimed weapons to get them, however expensive getting enough pillars to make the shape might be...

I think their intention was to resemble a little garden in front of the house. I personally harvest ascended seeds with glyphs of bounty and it's very practical to have them right in front of the waypoint, but I understand your frustration. They could have made it better. 

As for why the landscape is different, if you open a location link for outside of the instance, it's possible to see that it's much far away from Lowland Shores.

They didn't copy guild halls. It was a complete rework of funcionalities and they even made it compatible with guild halls.

I know there are flaws, but could we be a little less critical and appreciate the new system? Everybody that bought the expansion get their own homestead, with no gold cost and no weird lottery system to get. Isn't that great?

Edited by Allori.7149
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Allori.7149 said:

You can salvage reclaimed weapons to get them, however expensive getting enough pillars to make the shape might be...

I think their intention was to resemble a little garden in front of the house. I personally harvest ascended seeds with glyphs of bounty and it's very practical to have them right in front of the waypoint, but I understand your frustration. They could have made it better. 

As for why the landscape is different, if you open a location link for outside of the instance, it's possible to see that it's much far away from Lowland Shores.

They didn't copy guild halls. It was a complete rework of funcionalities and they even made it compatible with guild halls.

I know there are flaws, but could we be a little less critical and appreciate the new system? Everybody that bought the expansion get their own homestead, with no gold cost and no weird lottery system to get. Isn't that great?

Oh trust me, I do appreciate it, a lot. As far as I'm concerned, it just blew a wave of oxygen into the game & it motivates me to game more, get more stuffs so that I can decorate. I used to play Wildstar and I loved the housing feature, so I was always secretly hoping to see smth similar in GW2.

I am waiting for a new house skin or some sort of upgrade. For now I just hid everything behind trees, flowers, topiaries, etc 😅

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

P.S. Only the one room, the rest is as I suspected: https://preview.redd.it/my-hobbit-homestead-v0-9685l22zb0od1.jpeg?width=3440&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=714976f6bd2f987daa985134e7e024c43ca3e4ec

Still, the whole concept is extremely creative and the person must possess extraordinary patience with all the details they added. Just wow.

Right?! I was in awe as well when I saw it. I'm sure he will fix that room at some point.

I hope his creativity  is not hindered by decoration area limit like what we encountered in our guild halls all this time 😑 Hobbitstead roof alone already took up so many decorations. As for that only one room done probably due to area limit.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I must admit that they indeed would look better next to the corn field. 

I think they put it in front of the house to create a less empty space when players first enter the homestead

I would actually really appreciate some empty space right where you come in, so that I could design a nice-looking forecourt instead of having some ugly old planter boxes that can't really be covered up right where you come in

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

They should have added all the Lowland Shore textures on release and not have us wait for another nine months.

Yeah.

I wonder if the folks at Anet are beginning to realize that they've opened Pandora's box with the introduction of this Sims building environment xD
The requests will NEVER end. They better release a way for people to create and share their own packages.

• Haha 2

On 9/15/2024 at 3:54 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

It doesn't make sense to me why ANet would make player housing, then not let the player move key compnents themselves. Why do they have to be in a fixed location in the first place?

I want to move that bridge behind the house!!! other decos sticking out of the house now interfere with it and had to waste decoration count to make new bridge. If i could just move original bridge and reposition it it would have been better. Same goes for trees behind the house.