Camp Supervisor Dead -- Camp not contested???

Spiral.3724

Just ran into a situation where a roamer killed the camp supervisor but then died or ran away, I guess?
So I arrived at the camp, it was uncontested (no white swords) but the supe was dead on the ground. 🤔
Please make it so if the supe is dead, the camp has white swords until he/she is rezzed. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lyralia.2945 said:

Yeah, like they said ogres/dredge/hylek/etc can kill the supervisor but cannot cap it.

That's not what OP is talking about. Mercs will contest camps the same as players.

OP is asking for dead camp super to keep the camp contested as long as it stays dead. I think that would be a good change, and should be applied to tower/keep lords as well. I'd even go so far as to keep towers/keeps contested as long as a gate/wall is broken.

21 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

Just ran into a situation where a roamer killed the camp supervisor but then died or ran away, I guess?
So I arrived at the camp, it was uncontested (no white swords) but the supe was dead on the ground. 🤔
Please make it so if the supe is dead, the camp has white swords until he/she is rezzed. Thanks.

That would remove some game tactics and create a continuous defense event. These are linked events. -1 from me for the roaming and havoc sides of this point and could see issues in large scale as well for keeps. On the keeps we traded the defense events and swords since players were more concerned about waypoint tapping. If you left continuous swords on keep, defenders would gain from that but at lose of the waypoint. I think I could see how people would game the system and just ask people to not rez the lord so that they could use it as an attacker farm. I don't think this would play out as expected. 

9 hours ago, Lyralia.2945 said:

Yeah, like they said ogres/dredge/hylek/etc can kill the supervisor but cannot cap it.

Is this a recent change, because they can actually cap the camp, or at least used to be able to before Janthir Wilds came out.  Like with ogres the lowly ones couldn't but the chieftain could.

Edited by MedievalThings.5417

The ones who kill the mobs can't cap the camp. Once everything is dead and the mercs are ooc they will disappear and have to run back from their spawn, by which time the mobs will have reappeared. But if you as a player kill everything as they approach, before they enter combat, they will remain in the circle and can cap it for you if you'd rather not wait . . .