20 years in the game

Codename T.2847

I wanted to play fire wizard in PvE. But I compromised; I got to play with sword/warhorn FA tempest instead... I wanted to try out Spear as a replacement for Staff against zergs in WvW, but I compromised. I got blinded by my own skills instead. You see where I'm going with this? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9

On 9/19/2024 at 2:55 PM, Codename T.2847 said:

Sry just wanted to test if deletion of posts by the user is doable. Experiment failed 😕

You can report your own post to the moderators and ask for it to be deleted.  They're very accommodating in that regard.

he's not wrong though guys, ele should be the quintessential mage, staff should be the meta weapon.

instead we get a confused weapon with some support, some cc, some damage, jack of all trades master of none.

most people who play ele probably pick it because they want that mage feeling, but in Gw2 unless you're in close range, ele is kinda lame.

one easy fix would be allowing fire and air Overloads to be ground target skills.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

he's not wrong though guys, ele should be the quintessential mage, staff should be the meta weapon.

instead we get a confused weapon with some support, some cc, some damage, jack of all trades master of none.

most people who play ele probably pick it because they want that mage feeling, but in Gw2 unless you're in close range, ele is kinda lame.

one easy fix would be allowing fire and air Overloads to be ground target skills.

No, staff is awesome. Don’t touch it!

rework spear into a proper glascannon ramged mage thing but let staff be where it is.

also, i love my daggers. Doesn’t has to be range but having the option is nice tho.

7 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

Oh yeah that would be very nice. Skillable tho. If you play some melee thing, they can stay that way but it could be nice if they are ranged.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

ele has never been that, especially the op's desire for a fire caster. an ele is a master of all 4 elements. whilst i raid with fresh air i don't enjoy it as much as something thats going to let me use everything

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Rocker.2906 said:

Isnt this just jade sphere? Granted it leans more on the boons side than damage...

kinda, but as you said jade sphere is more about boon application, the damage is pretty laughable,

with ranged overload we'd be able to call down lightning storms and fire storms and get more of that mage feeling 😄

On 9/30/2024 at 3:12 PM, Atoclone.4810 said:

ele has never been that, especially the op's desire for a fire caster. an ele is a master of all 4 elements. whilst i raid with fresh air i don't enjoy it as much as something thats going to let me use everything

In Guild Wars many people opted out to play fire wizard, as you could choose which elements you want to put your points towards to. It's only when Guild Wars 2 came out that Elementalist got assigned their new position of using all of the elements, rather than the ones they wanted to specialize in.

Perhaps the OG Elementalist gameplay could be achieved in Guild Wars 2 by borrowing Revenant design to a new specialization, where Legends would turn into 4 elements but you could only pick 2 of them. Then again this would require enourmous amounts of work from Anet, with utility skills and weapon reworks for one specialization, so I doubt this would ever see the light of day. Oh well, one can always dream. 🙂

• Like 3

On 10/1/2024 at 11:28 PM, Frozey.8513 said:

In Guild Wars many people opted out to play fire wizard, as you could choose which elements you want to put your points towards to. It's only when Guild Wars 2 came out that Elementalist got assigned their new position of using all of the elements, rather than the ones they wanted to specialize in.

Perhaps the OG Elementalist gameplay could be achieved in Guild Wars 2 by borrowing Revenant design to a new specialization, where Legends would turn into 4 elements but you could only pick 2 of them. Then again this would require enourmous amounts of work from Anet, with utility skills and weapon reworks for one specialization, so I doubt this would ever see the light of day. Oh well, one can always dream. 🙂

Give it weaponswap. So you'd still have 20 weapon skills, but it would be two elements over two weapons rather than four elements over two weapons.

Utility skills shouldn't require reworking. Glyphs would have a little less versatility, but in practice there's usually one element that any given build usually wants to use the glyph in anyway so that wouldn't be a big deal. It might be a bit off thematically to use a conjure or signet tied to a different element, but this could be regarded as simply meaning that dabbling in a third or fourth element through utility skills is still possible.