Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Being able to add rifles skins into harpoon rifles and viceversa would be amazing! To be fair, it would also be tridents-staffs and spears-greatswords. Just duplicate the skins, the same way we have lot of harpoon rifles with the rifle skins duplicated for old ones!

Same for aqua breather to use ground-head skins!

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I think these would increase QoL and playability (some are repeat from the previous thread):

• Fix the bug where character stays in combat a long time after combat has ended
  • Add an intermediate sized tag (for say 20 players)
    • if possible, allow the intermediate tag to be used by lieutenants in a 50-player squad
  • Add a section to the hero panel or character select screen that shows story progression and active story per character
  • Fix the bug where there's a disconnect at the end or with a lot of progression in a long story mission and then you have to play it over from the start
  • Let colors be selected per character or per equipment tab for mounts, and per equipment tab for backpacks 
  • More gear should be stat selectable. Alternatively, make a way for more stat combinations to be useful. Only about a quarter of the existing attribute combinations are considered "meta"/ or particularly useful. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

oh also, can you see if the forum engine has a way to flag a post when the formatting is going to be problematic, say for some reason it was copied with a background field. It's not only jarring to have some white-background lines pop up unexpectedly in a dark theme set (because you find it easier to look at and read), but it also is, well, harder to read. 

• Confused 2

Status Bar Improvements: 

Can we please left-justify all the statuses/boons/everything else on ourselves and enemies, so buffs and debuffs aren't constantly moving around? Newest status changes would go to the right to "cover" those on the left.

Additionally, having 3 separate "lines" between boons, conditions, and misc (with the option to hide this misc row during combat) would be AMAZING. The fewer things my brain has to look at in combat, the better.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ariance.8340 said:

Status Bar Improvements: 

Can we please left-justify all the statuses/boons/everything else on ourselves and enemies, so buffs and debuffs aren't constantly moving around? Newest status changes would go to the right to "cover" those on the left.

Another way to gave have boons not constantly moving around is to have all coins appear greyed out by default and to have them light up when activated, at least during combat. Every boon would always be in the same place.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Right, since the glider/mount-equipment tab-link seems to be hard to create (I do not doubt Anet would have implemented this long ago if it had been easier, both because devs are nice and because it might boost glider sales), I have a suggestion that might make at least the glider easier to fix in this sense.

Make the glider legendary equipment.

Since gliders don't have stats, before the equipment templates it basically already acted like legendary gear in the sense that we could swap skins for free. Making gliders into (statless) legendary equipment would allow them to be used in the legendary armory like all other gear: equipped per template and skinned & dyed per template. Moving gliders to this existing system might be easier to implement than combining the current glider system with the equipment templates.

I hope that in this way we can get at least gliders per template to complete our fashion wars!

Now to ponder the solution for mounts. There isn't really space in the equipment tab for all our mounts, so I don't think this would work for mounts... I'll be back when I've figured it out! 

• Like 2

Suggestions at the end in case you are already aware of the issues.

Hi, I'm one of the mental asylum escapees that plays this game actively avoiding the traditional camera in favor of the action camera, in great part because I'm as much a shooter player as I am an MMO one, and with Guild Wars 2 having a more action-oriented gameplay it also initially feels like a great option. However, I know people don't come to the forums to read autobiographies, so I'll get to the point: what could be changed and why it needs that.

Projectile direction:

One of the most jarring problems to be found with the action camera is the piercing function on certain weapons. The projectiles are set to always go towards what I assume is the target's center of mass, which leads to a case like this: it is lined up correctly, but the proximity to the golem creates  a big vertical angle that cannot be fixed without moving further back or manually targeting the golem on the back, which requires an input beyond the simplicity of aiming in the direction you want to pierce and piercing it.

This, however, is "technically" solved by another thing: not having a target; you can attack down, but you can also attack up. This lack of a target combined with the ability to aim vertically is something that in theory could make action camera aiming give the player a massive amount of agency regarding where they want their shots to go exactly. But...

Targeting and autotargeting:

The game runs certain skills on the premise of having a target, because why wouldn't you. The most glaring issue this displays is the inability to use certain skills without an enemy listed as a target on your UI, which clearly differs from "I'm looking at my target and my crosshair is on it".

In this situation I would not be able to use the dagger ambush that untamed has, as it requires a targeted enemy and will refuse to activate if you do not have a target (or an autotarget on your UI).

In this one I enabled autotargeting, as shown by the change in the crosshair and the circle beneath the golem, and my attacks will turn that golem into a soft target. The problem with that is the projectile direction mentioned on the previous point, and it becomes a solution that leads into another problem, which is no solution at all.

Another issue on both is that the game actually does not give targeted information unless the player manually targets the enemy or starts attacking, as prior to that it won't display the enemy's information at the top of the screen.

Oh my sweet Mother Theresa, spare me from this zoom:

I cannot stress how much the action camera's zoom out function aggravates me. It's easier to show:

1. When zoomed all the way in in action mode, it behaves normally and the crosshair is lined up to the center of the screen.
  2. When zoomed all the way out in traditional mode, it still works in the same way and the camera had no... intriguing changes.
  3. I have received 30 stacks of torment and I don't think I have a cleanse equipped, and am wondering why the camera went up as well as the crosshair, when that is clearly not the case in traditional mode. The lines speak for themselves, and this is the lowest the action camera goes, so you cannot make it reach the same angle.

* A little epiphany I had in the middle of writing this: the Vertical Position Far slider has had, since I started playing all the way back in high school (which was some 10 years ago), a tendency to reset itself to the middle value seemingly randomly. During testing today I have figured out that the difference in height between traditional and action on the far zoom on the third image is exactly that half that resets itself, but that wrong half is only working for the action camera, as shown above.

My suggestions:

Spoiler

I will first disclaim, due to some very displeasing experiences of the past that I'd prefer not be repeated: I am not trying to take away anything from you. What I suggest comes in the form of options, and if you do not wish to see a specific option working in your game, all you have to do is not enable it and your life will be no different. Please do not dismiss literal options with "I don't want it, so it's bad and shouldn't be in the game" because that kills any discussion that can be had. With that grievance out of the way:

1. A checkbox that disables player projectiles going through the center mass of the enemy when targeted. The objective of this is to allow players using the action camera (or even the normal one?) to manually aim their projectile attacks without any sort of projectile magnetism towards the target. This will help hit vertical shots that were otherwise missed due to said magnetism.

2. A checkbox that enables enemy information to be displayed atop the screen on mouseover, as if it was already a soft or hard target. This does mean that it would start having a convulsion if you looked around at a pack of pocket raptors, but that's why checkboxes can be (or remain) unchecked. The pros to an option like this is instantly knowing which information an enemy has by glancing at it with the mouse, while ideally it would not infringe on the normal targeting system (specially not on locked targets, this should never override a locked target).

3. An option to set crosshair height or simply keeping it consistently centered across zooms.

4. I'm pretty sure the Vertical Position Far thing resetting itself is a bug and fixing it would enable the traditional and action cameras to have a consistent height across all values of the slider (which they do for the right half, but not the left). In case it's WAI (how, why), just please make traditional and action have consistent heights across all zooms and we gucci.
Edited by Maxwell Sterling.1728
Christ on a bike, I wanted to add a missing quotation mark
  • Confused 1

On 4/27/2024 at 6:52 PM, Scolix.4879 said:

Sure but then can i opt out on doing heart quests as i hate doing so many of them?

There were suggestions to offer WvW players alternative ways to get gift of explorations, yes. I see no problem for both of those to get implemented at the same time (or as a part of even more complex system that would cover more modes - i.e. one that would let raiders buy some gifts for LI's)

• Confused 6

Yea on very intense situations I am bound to miss my Herald's  "Elemental Blast" and it shoots out behind the boss 😅 because my camera is too far out (so I can see the mechanics), and tho the crosshair is pointed at the direction of the boss, the actual target is the floor behind it. I hope they implement it in a much more "Autotargetted" way when facing a combatable object in which it will just hit the "enemy" object infront of the player instead of actually following the exact trajectory of the crosshair 😊

Edited by Zeperio.4853
  • Sad 1

Would it be possible to add an optional limit to the amount you spend each month on gems? An option to select a limit would help people who struggle with gambling issues or impulse purchasing and would like to manage how much they spend in the in-game store.

It can be easy to lose track how much you spend each month.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Doesn't Testimony of Heroics do that for WvW players?

No

e: I understand you're confused. But you're also still wrong. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No

Testimony of Heroics item gives you Proof of Heroics currency.  You can use Proofs of Heroics to buy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notarized_Scroll_of_Central_Tyrian_Heroics.

I know it gives a random heart but basically the scroll lets you bypass 1 random heart.  If you do some heats first you can essentially pick which hearts you don't have to do. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Testimony of Heroics item gives you Proof of Heroics currency.  You can use Proofs of Heroics to buy https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notarized_Scroll_of_Central_Tyrian_Heroics.

I know it gives a random heart but basically the scroll lets you bypass 1 random heart.  If you do some heats first you can essentially pick which hearts you don't have to do. 

Cool, now read what the item actually does, because it's not what you're claiming it is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fireblazer.8931 said:

Would it be possible to add an optional limit to the amount you spend each month on gems? An option to select a limit would help people who struggle with gambling issues or impulse purchasing and would like to manage how much they spend in the in-game store.

If it is optional whats stoping the gambler from disabeling it after hitting the limit and while still wanting more?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fireblazer.8931 said:

After logging into your banking account, you might have an option to set card limits for your online purchases.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure if this is the right area for this but I've  considered this changes Quality-of-Life, pvp wise, of course

Suggesting only of one these to be implemented:

1- Increase the amount of reward track gained after winning a match only (including the amount of reward track won for losses would incentive afk pvp farming)
2- Decrease the amount amount of points needed to fill a reward bar (tho this could incentive afk farming)

Right now pvp feels unrewarding, specially due the amount of time required to find a match, being 2-5 minutes, this could increase the amount of players in this mode without the need to add new content (almost 6 years at this point).

-Increase the rewards won thru reward track (this goes along with either one of the suggestions before).

-Increase rewards won throught tournaments.

-Reward PvP League Tickets on repeatable pip chests, season being 4 months long punishs people farming legendary itens since the amount per season it's pretty limited, this can drive away players from pvp.

Most players run pvp rather because they enjoy this game mode, but in my opinion, having more rewards would maybe atract more people to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Not sure if this is the right area for this but I've  considered this changes Quality-of-Life, pvp wise, of course

Suggesting only of one these to be implemented:

1- Increase the amount of reward track gained after winning a match only (including the amount of reward track won for losses would incentive afk pvp farming)
2- Decrease the amount amount of points needed to fill a reward bar (tho this could incentive afk farming)

Right now pvp feels unrewarding, specially due the amount of time required to find a match, being 2-5 minutes, this could increase the amount of players in this mode without the need to add new content (almost 6 years at this point).

-Increase the rewards won thru reward track (this goes along with either one of the suggestions before).

-Increase rewards won throught tournaments.

-Reward PvP League Tickets on repeatable pip chests, season being 4 months long punishs people farming legendary itens since the amount per season it's pretty limited, this can drive away players from pvp.

Most players run pvp rather because they enjoy this game mode, but in my opinion, having more rewards would maybe atract more people to it.

So many afk farmers lately, 10 minute queue just to get 1 afk or offline, i think the winning team shouldnt be rewarded if there's 1 afk/offline on the other team so we can get rid of afk farming on pvp.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1