WvW Rush Weekly Event - September 24 to October 1

Joie.6084

• Administrators

The WvW Rush bonus event is live from September 24 to October 1. Play WvW during the event week for additional rewards and achievements! You'll receive an in-game mail with participation directions when the event begins, and don't forget to check the Bonus Events achievements category in the game starting September 24.

GDbS3I6aMAAXyrc.jpg.e0113dd0249319c29de24a3f287a8aad.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

First they try to put an expansion armor in WvW to get players in there, then a WvW rush.  No, your company made a huge change to WvW without consulting with the players or getting their feedback, and now WvW is being abandoned.  None of those things are going to bring players back.

There were betas for literal years, what do you mean "not consulting with the players or getting their feedback".

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Dotveg.5108 said:

There were betas for literal years, what do you mean "not consulting with the players or getting their feedback".

By listening to their feedback and not implementing it?  Feedback requires actually RESPONDING and REACTING to it.  Telling me you are taking in feedback but then not doing anything about it, is not really feedback is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 13

By listening to their feedback and not implementing it?  Feedback requires actually RESPONDING and REACTING to it.  Telling me you are taking in feedback but then not doing anything about it, is not really feedback is it?

Right, well, depends what reaction you expect, I guess. Way I see it, they did respond and react. If it doesn't go your way specifically, I'm sure one could see it the way you do.

Edited by Dotveg.5108
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

Just now, Dotveg.5108 said:

Right, well, depends what reaction you expect, I guess. Way I see it, they did respond and react. If it doesn't go your way specifically, I'm sure you could see it the way ypu do.

Uh yeah the reaction I expect is "Hmm majority of players aren't interested in this new system, we won't implement it".   Instead of continually trying to implement something people don't want.  That is my general expectation of how feedback should work.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 12

6 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Uh yeah the reaction I expect is "Hmm majority of players aren't interested in this new system, we won't implement it".   Instead of continually trying to implement something people don't want.  That is my general expectation of how feedback should work.  

Thing is, I'm not so sure people care about that change as much as you postulate they do. I was indifferent when it was first tested. I'm still indifferent now that it's being tested "for real, it's stable this time, let's keep it on". The balance issues are still as glaring as they used to be with the older system. Personally, I'm glad I can finally get my entire guild with me without having to waste a world-change every blue moon when somebody new shows up. The game mode hasn't changed because the population is split differently. The 2-4AM crowd will still dominate at that time, same goes for the early morning map-flippers.

If it's a problem of "my server isn't crushing everything like it used to because it's been broken down into multiple pieces" then yeah, tough luck, you're on the receiving end now. Ally up with bigger guilds, fight together. It's not as easy as having been blessed with a golden matchup anymore.

Edited by Dotveg.5108
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

During betas the new system was actually recived quite positivly. The reason you only see negative feedback nowadays is because the people who got what the wanted are playing the game rather than shouting into the wind on the forums.

Edited by ascii.1369
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I feel confident in my position.  Let's take a game wide poll, I believe in feedback and democracy. I wonder how confident you are in your position?  

Not the one who pretended I know what everybody wants here mate. I could debate semantics with you for a while if you'd like but that'd be as fun as chewing cardboard.

Edited by Dotveg.5108
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, ascii.1369 said:

The reason you only see negative feedback nowadays is because the people who got what the wanted are play the game rather than shouting into the wind on the forums.

Ah roger, definitely ignore those people.  Those aren't the majority.  I am very interested in feedback and democracy.  I feel confident in my position.  Are you confident in yours?

• Confused 12

24 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Ah roger, definitely ignore those people.  Those aren't the majority.  I am very interested in feedback and democracy.  I feel confident in my position.  Are you confident in yours?

19 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

No problem, let's take a game wide poll mate!  I don't think you are confident in your position.

I actually am, but lets not pretend you have the ability to do a game wide survey.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

First they try to put an expansion armor in WvW to get players in there, then a WvW rush.  No, your company made a huge change to WvW without consulting with the players or getting their feedback, and now WvW is being abandoned.  None of those things are going to bring players back.

Your post tries to suggest wvw rush is somehow specifically directed at whatever you want it to be directed at ("getting players back into the mode after implementing a change you dislike"). Meanwhile, not only wvw rush events aren't remotely new, but also there are other "rush events" rotating for a while now, so your theory is invalid.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/21/2024 at 9:57 AM, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

wvw queues every day, stop spreading lies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, ShatteredStars.6548 said:

wvw queues every day, stop spreading lies.

actually.. even if it is just full EBG map, it it still means people want to get into wvw. yes, some may afk once inside but the game mode is not dead. musclebob may be just part of the vocal minority OR he is unfortunately the receiving end of the shorter stick with the alliance update. as one have stated here, tough luck. give chance to others. haha

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/21/2024 at 4:27 PM, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

No problem, let's take a game wide poll mate!  I don't think you are confident in your position.

No reason for that, we have activity data. If we assume that unhappy players affect this activity in a negative way, and happy or content players affect it in a positive way, it's clear that WvW overall activity should be dropping, increasing or remaining the same and the stronger the net change, that's the direction the majority of payers lean.

Turns out activity is stable and in part growing.

So while you can be confident in your position, chances are high that for you being unhappy, at least 1 other player is content/happy, if not more.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

No reason for that, we have activity data. If we assume that unhappy players affect this activity in a negative way, and happy or content players affect it in a positive way, it's clear that WvW overall activity should be dropping, increasing or remaining the same and the stronger the net change, that's the direction the majority of payers lean.

Turns out activity is stable and in part growing.

So while you can be confident in your position, chances are high that for you being unhappy, at least 1 other player is content/happy, if not more.

Did you even the first post?  Do me a favor go read the first post I made and get back to me why activity might be "stable".  

• Confused 7

18 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Did you even the first post?  Do me a favor go read the first post I made and get back to me why activity might be "stable".  

I read your first post.  I simply disagree with your claim that the developers did not listen to player feedback.

The fact they might not have listend to feedback you personally agreed with is not proof of your claim, it merely means that the developers went with different feedback.

My claim about activity is based around the limited data we have in regard to kills and deaths weekly attained in WvW. Given these 2 stats products of active player interaction, we can assume that more means more players activity and less means less.

You are free to stick with your beliefs based around subjective experience, agter all we know: those are the only beliefs which are true.

• Like 5

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

I read your first post.  I simply disagree with your claim that the developers did not listen to player feedback.

They don't. They don't listen to balance feedback either.  They don't need to listen to me at all, just the players in general.

"Given these 2 stats products of active player interaction, we can assume that more means more players activity and less means less."

Again you purposefully ignore the reason, because you want to use a subjective reason yourself instead of an objective reason.  Did you miss the posts on reddit and the official forums about players asking why Woad armor was locked behind WvW?  Did you miss tons of people saying they had to do WvW to get the Woad armor?  Why would ArenaNet put Woad armor in WvW?  There have been tons of posts asking for them to put a PvE option to obtain the armor. Why even do that for expansion armor?  I wonder....

• Confused 5

8 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

They don't. They don't listen to balance feedback either.  They don't need to listen to me at all, just the players in general.

"Given these 2 stats products of active player interaction, we can assume that more means more players activity and less means less."

Again you purposefully ignore the reason, because you want to use a subjective reason yourself instead of an objective reason.  Did you miss the posts on reddit and the official forums about players asking why Woad armor was locked behind WvW?  Did you miss tons of people saying they had to do WvW to get the Woad armor?  Why would ArenaNet put Woad armor in WvW?  There have been tons of posts asking for them to put a PvE option to obtain the armor. Why even do that for expansion armor?  I wonder....

I am giving you objective data. The kill and death amount is not subjective, that's an objective stat. I am drawing subjective conclusions around this objective data. 

You are not. That's the difference here.

Good of you to bring up Woad armor in this regard. The developers listened to player feedback and reacted, just not in the way some players might have wanted. The complaint was:"Woad armor takes to long to acquire amd Woad armor is locked behind WvW." The developers then reacted to that feedback by offering more ways to acquire Woad armor, within their design of acquiring the set.

Not getting what one wants exactly as one wants it does not mean feedback was not heard or listened to. In this case the part of the feedback which was congruent with the design idea was listend to.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5