Mystic Coins... any plans on new sources to get them?

Zboard.5019

The price on MC seems fine, but an adjustment to Mystic Weapons would be nice.  Not  for the skins themselves, change the skins and use the "old" skins for something new, but 30 MC, iirc, for one HoT ascended weapon collection makes those collections a bit much for the people who could really use them, new players.  I say this as a long time player who has mostly leggy gear, Ante help the new players out, adjust HoT ascended weapon collections.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Mystic coins were 2G long before the WV was introduced.

Indeed. There was one player responsible for that price, and as soon as he got banned for mass item duping exploits that allowed him to have resources to manipulate MC market, their prices plummeted to below 1g.

11 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

The Vault is not responsible for the current price.

The price started to go up again after Anet changed daily login/daily achievements system into the Wizard's Vault one.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

28 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Indeed. There was one player responsible for that price, and as soon as he got banned for mass item duping exploits that allowed him to have resources to manipulate MC market, their prices plummeted to below 1g.

That's false, this ban happened month before the price begin to go down, the ban changed nothing on the price.

The reason for the price to go down was EoD lunch, with Legendary requiring less Mystic coin and a new source of them added.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Please cite your source for this.

17 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Mind sharing the source for this?

e: seconds late with my request!

Would love to, but its something i read long time ago and cant give the source, but also dont need to: what i mean is that the devs have a price range for items, and if that gets manipulated or it's far different from what they consider healthy, they take actions (or should). I guess they are fine by now with 2g, as someone down below said 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I think this is on point btw and that's also probably why OP completely avoided acknowledging anything about your post 😉 

Is on point but i'm not talking about making MC's farmable, just give more sources

15 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Evidence suggests the developers are fine with it being around 2g/MC, they have a lot of power to change things if they weren't.

There are both supply and demand sides to the equation. I suspect demand for mystic coins and clovers has gone up because the Wizards Vault and SOTO open world armour will be encouraging more people to craft legendaries, and this was surely deliberate by Anet (crafting legendaries is a good long term goal in game so it makes perfect sense for Anet to encourage people to dip their toe in).

Time will tell, but feels like we are going to end paying 3g+ per MC considering the increase in demand, hope i'm wrong 😅

• Confused 3

You can get mystic coins from TP for gold.

There's many many ways to get gold.

So there's many many ways to get mystic coins.

All you're asking for is to devalue them so you have to work less than those before you to get the same thing. (which is already the case, with how much easier it is to gain gold nowadays)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

You can get mystic coins from TP for gold.

There's many many ways to get gold.

So there's many many ways to get mystic coins.

All you're asking for is to devalue them so you have to work less than those before you to get the same thing. (which is already the case, with how much easier it is to gain gold nowadays)

Yes, devalue would be good. I miss the days when I had so many that I had to merch them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The price started to go up again after Anet changed daily login/daily achievements system into the Wizard's Vault one.

Correlation is not causality. The price started going down when they limited MC acquisition, against the expectations of many. How do you explain that then? Hm, maybe the price of MC's rose again because OW legendary armor was released instead of the Wizard's Vault? Nah, that can't factor into it at all. It's totally unrelated...

I would love for things to be this simple, but economy rarely is.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

2 free Mystic Clover per WvW reward track

I'm a wvw player.
But Anet did so many unfavourable changes, that it killed most of my fun. That's what's left of it, isn't enough to keep my spirits up for farming reward tracks.

Usually I've everything else faster than clovers though* and I refuse to throw my coins in the mystic lotto machine for greater numbers of clovers. I buy them from Dungan every week though.

(*gift of world exploration is an exception - i dislike exploring the world a lot)

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1