Petition to Revert the Arcane Fury Change

Noble.2670

They also replaced the Weak Spot trait (Air Grandmaster Minor), which provided a 60% chance to inflict 5s of Vulnerability upon critical hit, with the new Raging Storm trait, which provides 2s of Fury upon every critical hit (3s cooldown). This appears to be part of their broader plan to "[rework] some of the guaranteed high up-time [vulnerability] traits, pushing the vulnerability into more guaranteed—but limited—moments during combat" (see https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20444/game-release-notes-december-12-2017).

Personally, I like to run Arcane/Air/Weaver (open world PvE, Sword + Dagger - full Marauder, until I get better with sword, and then I'll switch to full Berserker), so for me the Fury uptime is probably about the same, which is fine for me, but maintaining high vulnerability uptime is reduced (even with the change to Electric Discharge, which now inflicts 1 stack of 8s of vulnerability when attuning to air), which is probably what they intended.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"labesamis.9261" said:They also replaced the Weak Spot trait (Air Grandmaster Minor), which provided a 60% chance to inflict 5s of Vulnerability upon critical hit, with the new Raging Storm trait, which provides 2s of Fury upon every critical hit (3s cooldown). This appears to be part of their broader plan to "[rework] some of the guaranteed high up-time [vulnerability] traits, pushing the vulnerability into more guaranteed—but limited—moments during combat" (see https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20444/game-release-notes-december-12-2017).

Personally, I like to run Arcane/Air/Weaver (open world PvE, Sword + Dagger - full Marauder, until I get better with sword, and then I'll switch to full Berserker), so for me the Fury uptime is probably about the same, which is fine for me, but maintaining high vulnerability uptime is reduced (even with the change to Electric Discharge, which now inflicts 1 stack of 8s of vulnerability when attuning to air), which is probably what they intended.

You make a point about them reducing vulnerability, and I do see Anet's point there. And I don't necessarily dislike the new trait either. Its that Arcane just lost its fury source, which is very impactful. If you're running air you won't really notice it, but if you weren't running air its a pretty big loss.

@Noble.2670 said:Title^

Various times the devs have said they check the profession specific forums regarding balance patch changes so, it can’t hurt to try.

I Don’t think I have to explain why this needs to happen.

Not signing this at all. Simply put: Air traitline offers fury now. Fire traitline also offers fury via fire field combos, and in the case of elementalists, we have tons of fire fields and blast finishers. I don't care about this change because it didn't affect my builds at all. If I wanna run a FA weaver or vanilla ele I know that now I can stack fury and might together plus some additional ferocity and that's a good thing.

@Guizao.4167 said:

Various times the devs have said they check the profession specific forums regarding balance patch changes so, it can’t hurt to try.

Not signing this at all. Simply put: Air traitline offers fury now. Fire traitline also offers fury via fire field combos, and in the case of elementalists, we have tons of fire fields and blast finishers. I don't care about this change because it didn't affect my builds at all. If I wanna run a FA weaver or vanilla ele I know that now I can stack fury and might together plus some additional ferocity and that's a good thing.

Part of the problem is that what they replaced Arcane Fury with sucks. 1 Stack of might is just pathetically weak and boring. If they made it multiple stacks of might or added an additional effect I'm sure people wouldn't be as upset. But as it stands, this was a pretty significant nerf.

I am not sure if fury ever fit but you could say the same thing for might maybe a heal on atument swap like the current fall skill fits better and changing the fall skill to have a on heal effect to trigger it. Arcain line is the utitly line for ele not the dmg line having fury on air fits and having might on fire fits (all thought now might on fire skills seems so weak now for a GM that its out right silly.)

Hell, I've tried it out and this is even a nerf for Fresh Air eles/weavers. Your source of fury is not guaranteed to proc when you want it, due to it's 3s CD, resulting in a decrease in damage. Meaning you could drop your full burst under 1s and have no fury in THE MOST IMPORTANT 1s OF THE WHOLE FIGHT. Sucks big time.

Hell, I've tried it out and this is even a nerf for Fresh Air eles/weavers. Your source of fury is not guaranteed to proc when you want it, due to it's 3s CD, resulting in a decrease in damage. Meaning you could drop your full burst under 1s and have no fury in THE MOST IMPORTANT 1s OF THE WHOLE FIGHT. Sucks big time.

@Tomiyou.3790 said:Hell, I've tried it out and this is even a nerf for Fresh Air eles/weavers. Your source of fury is not guaranteed to proc when you want it, due to it's 3s CD, resulting in a decrease in damage. Meaning you could drop your full burst under 1s and have no fury in THE MOST IMPORTANT 1s OF THE WHOLE FIGHT. Sucks big time.

Why not use Sigil of Intelligence it will let you get the fury when you start your burst but ya 2 sec duration is way to short to get a lot of use out of it unless your doing endless dps. Maybe putting it on a 4 sec duration on a 5 sec cd will give more use out of it.

@Wentworth.6901 said:

Part of the problem is that what they replaced Arcane Fury with sucks. 1 Stack of might is just pathetically weak and boring. If they made it multiple stacks of might or added an additional effect I'm sure people wouldn't be as upset. But as it stands, this was a pretty significant nerf.

I don't think it's needed. And I don't think it's a nerf, lest to say it's rather a significant change.

@Guizao.4167 said:

I don't think it's needed. And I don't think it's a nerf, lest to say it's rather a significant change.

If we're talking about PvP then it's actually a huge nerf and very significant especially for non FA one shot weaver meme builds or staff ele. Remember, in PvE you only need offensive stats unlike in PvP/WvW where you have to balance your stats between offensive ones and defensive ones like Toughness/Vit/Healing Power. The fury on attunement swap on Arcane line was a saving grace for an Ele with a balanced build.

Naturally, pure PvE players won't see how significant this change is.

@Kyon.9735 said:

If we're talking about PvP then it's actually a huge nerf and very significant especially for non FA one shot weaver meme builds or staff ele. Remember, in PvE you only need offensive stats unlike in PvP/WvW where you have to balance your stats between offensive ones and defensive ones like Toughness/Vit/Healing Power. The fury on attunement swap on Arcane line was a saving grace for an Ele with a balanced build.

I play dps staff weaver in ranked pvp (platinum) and I don't know what you're talking about. My build uses fire traitline and fury + might is the easiest thing to apply.

@Guizao.4167 said:

I play dps staff weaver in ranked pvp (platinum) and I don't know what you're talking about. My build uses fire traitline and fury + might is the easiest thing to apply.

No wonder you don't know what I'm talking about since you even have problems with reading comprehension.

@Kyon.9735 said:...non FA one shot weaver meme builds or staff ele.The fury on attunement swap on Arcane line was a saving grace for an Ele with a balanced build.

You're playing Staff with Fire traits so you're not a "Balanced" build even one bit. Of course it's easy to stack fury with Persisting Flames.

Kudos to you though if you reached Plat with a Staff Ele alone. I bet I can't stay in Plat with a staff ele myself. Though you can't use the "I'm plat you pleb" excuse since I'm plat too (though I've probably decayed into Silver/Gold due to inactivity).

Edit:

Honestly speaking, I haven't even signed this petition myself. 1 Might stack is too small so we're pretty sure it's a significant nerf for balanced builds but I'm hoping and expecting Anet to either revert it or even buff the number of might stacks. If they do increase the number of might stacks to an extent that Eles can maintain somewhere near Rev-esque number of might stacks naturally (which means they don't specifically go out of their way to stack might on every fire field) then we can actually say that it isn't a nerf. Having a high amount of might stacks without putting too much effort will fully justify losing fury and even justify using Rage or Pack runes and/or Sigil of Intelligence/Accuracy.

Feeling hurt because I got to platinum while playing dps staff weaver?"If we're talking about PvP then it's actually a huge nerf and very significant especially for non FA one shot weaver meme builds or staff ele." - if you want damage on staff ele than make sure you don't run earth + water. You shouldn't have everything. When you make any sense and stop your personal attacks (kudos kudos) we can talk seriously.

Personal attack? I wouldn't even count it as an "attack" if you look at the toxicity of the forums. I even acknowledged your skills for reaching plat with a non meta staff build which I admitted that I can't do. I do apologize then if I offended you but I'd say you're a little bit too sensitive. Why would I even feel hurt when I calibrated to Plat myself? I don't even think Plat players can be glorified tbh but I think reaching plat with an undertuned class like Ele is good.

Also, the balanced build people are talking about is non scepter/staff Arcane/Water/X which is usually ran on Sword/Dagger main hand. We have Spellbreakers running Demolishers and full defensive traits (Defense + Discipline) and Shoutbow druids on Avatar Amulet and full defensive traits (Wilderness Survival + Beastmastery/Nature Magic). These builds are arguably considered "balanced" (Not OP, not UP) by the community and they share a similar role with the balanced Ele build (Water/Arcane) which is a side node assaulter yet both SB and Druid have defense and offense at the same time on a higher level compared to a side node build Ele.

With the recent nerf to Arcane Precision, it pushes Ele to a side node bunker which is similar to a Menders Druid. However as we all know, a Arcane/Water Weaver is on a weaker tier compared to a Menders Druid. Even a Demolisher SB is arguably a better bunker than than a Menders Weaver.

@Kyon.9735 said:

And the devs are probably pure PvE players, since they just released a pure PvE expansion... so my perception of this is that they are oblivious to how they are hurting the pvp and WvW gameplay.

Reminder that your build needs a high crit chance in order to get the new air trait to even activate.

Nobody asked for this change. Nobody asked for 8 seconds of might on attunement. This trait promoted smart play, activating skills in advance then switching attunement as they casted (in that 0.5 to 0.75 second gap) in order to get fury and a higher crit chance. That is now gone and replaced with a TERRIBLE version in air, and an even worse abomination in arcane.

Please reconsider. NO ELEMENTALIST ASKED FOR THIS. Give us arcane fury back!

@bearshaman.3421 said:They moved it into the Air trait, where it makes sense. I'm fine with the change.

It's still a nerf though lmao.

• It has an ICD
  • It's not something you can control (before you could swap to any attunement before big skills like Phoenix or Fire Grab so you had fury before they hit)
  • You need to have a high crit chance already for it to work. If your build has like 40% or lower then good luck.
  • The only pvp build that takes the air trait line is FA / Lightning Rod scepter. EVERY OTHER BUILD doesn't.

It went from a tactical trait to simpleminded garbage that procs whenever it wants, without you being able to keep track of it.

Archived