Desyncing Issues [merged]

tonny.7580

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and a few others friends recently had been seeing this kind of "teleporting" effect almost on every map.We confirmed we see eachother all moving weirdly like that since the last 2-3 days if i recall correctly.

Sometimes they even stand on the same place for a 10 / 20 seconds, and then all of sudden they are on the other side of the zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJBVFZ0xno

We checked for latency issues, ping is usually around 40-60MS and we have no addons, EU servers here and all from same country.^This was few days ago^

V And this was not too long ago (tonight, maybe 2-3h ago) Vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQzqxeNgecIIt always happens when using Griffon mounts.

Had it happen just now during Serpents Ire in Vabbi. I called for my group to stack on my tag, and then wondered why they were all inside the skimmer puzzle! Turns out my tag had desynced and appeared to be up there. It eventually righted itself but man, thank Joko for squad markers or chaos would have ensued. Another person told me that the boss appeared to still be up a good thirty seconds after we had killed it.

After the patch.In Istan.I just tried to mine a brandstone,was standing right on top of the branded spot,and when attempting to use the tool,I got the "must be within proximity of impact site" error.Seems that to the server I was not in the same spot as the client showed me.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:We have discovered the (hopefully the only) root cause of this bug, in which mounting up will cause you do be improperly synced until you swap maps, hence why this isn't seen in WvW or PvP. We are working on a fix now, not sure if we will be able to get it out before the 6th yet.

Actually i had one instance of this in PvP yesterday with a thief who would shadow step to me but appear in the same spot, from there they could p/p 3 spam and finish me without ever appearing to move or aim at me, their character unloaded into oblivion. Only saw it with them but it happened about 3 times, every time i saw them.

We will be looking in to these reports. The more details the better. From what I can tell/guess, this desync mainly happens while mounted, and unmounting should usually fix it. Remember that rubberbanding is often just due to lag and not desync. A desync problem would be if a player is in the wrong position for a really long time, like a downed player being unressable or a person walking into a wall / walking off a cliff.

Maybe it was because we were keyed to look for it but my squad had minor desync while attacking Deimos (so no mounts possible) last night. A few of us saw teammates who looked like they had dodged off the arena and one player we couldn't rez (during chains phase which was also strange).

We were doing ok but we went to VG/Gorse after that.

I was told by someone in my party yesterday that it looked like my char was teleporting all over the place. My char was mounted at that time but the party member apparently could not see the mount.

Where it happened: Cliffs leading up to Ember Bay JP (close to where the no mount zone begins)Mount Skin used: Summit Wildhorn SpringerPING: ~40-60ms (so rubber banding unlikely)

I hope reports about people "teleport hacking" are being double-checked thoroughly - for bystanders who don't know about the desync issues this looks suspicious enough to file a report.

Reporting continuing desync.

The desyncing issue sadly persists. It's gotten better across most instances we were in, but today in Vabbi we lost track of our squad commander (who appeared to have teleported all across the map), and my friend and I also lost track of each other as the map and the visuals showed the wrong location. I saw her running into quicksand when she was standing next to me, and she saw me flying all over the mountains when I was standing next to her. Specific locations are : Northeast corner of Vabbi (actual location)/North of Seborhin (shown location), Necropolis (actual location)/quicksand east of Necropolis (shown location), Rock outcropping southeast of Vehjin Palace (actual location)/Vehjin palace (shown location).

We reported this ingame, but figured we should make a post here as well.

Map ip was 34.237.26.26:0. I'm a player from Southeast Asia and my friend is from South Asia, so our ping is around ~230 and this is normal for us. We didn't experience any lag spikes during that session.

Possible repro steps (2 players required):

• Player 1 TP to Shaemoor waypoint ( [&BO8AAAA=] )
  • Player 2 TP to Fields waypoint ( [&BPAAAAA=] )
  • Players add each other to a party
  • Either player mounts up (any mount)
  • Both players walk forwards and meet each other near the bridge entrance ( Northwest of Trainer's Terrace [&BFMDAAA=] )
  • Whichever player is mounted (or both if both are mounted) will appear to be teleporting / rubberbanding

As shown in the video, the bug does not occur if players are not partied.

I've confirmed the above steps work with three different players, other waypoints (or just a large distance) also work.

Other info (from repro video):Host: 35.158.51.24ArenaSrv: 101.83945Instance: 0.538682399Build: 85968

As far as I can tell the fix has done something to avoid desync, but some issues remain, most definitely connected to mounted movement.During roleplay I have not experienced those funny moments anymore since the fix, where characters often appeared to be nowhere near where they were supposed to be. Populated RP events used to be a mess for a while. Also, I have not seen dismounted characters teleporting and rubberbanding around (because they mounted outside of view) lately.But dismounting certainly has still some rubberbands to sort out. For me, this mainly comes in two flavours:

1. My character appears in a distance of several meters from where I actually dismounted and gets rubberbanded back to the place where I initiated the dismount. This most often happens while dismounting with the mount's attack skill or by interacting with something.
  2. My character resets to the position where I mounted. This seems to only happen when I mount for very short distances, for example while looting the two chests in the Palawadan dormitory during the meta event. I loot the southern chest, I mount and jump / jackal-port to the northern chest, I dismount and get rubberbanded back to the southern chest.

@"Ghirkin.4689" said:Possible repro steps (2 players required):

• Player 1 TP to Shaemoor waypoint ( [&BO8AAAA=] )
  • Player 2 TP to Fields waypoint ( [&BPAAAAA=] )
  • Players add each other to a party
  • Either player mounts up (any mount)
  • Both players walk forwards and meet each other near the bridge entrance ( Northwest of Trainer's Terrace [&BFMDAAA=] )
  • Whichever player is mounted (or both if both are mounted) will appear to be teleporting / rubberbanding

As shown in the video, the bug does not occur if players are not partied.

I've confirmed the above steps work with three different players, other waypoints (or just a large distance) also work.

Other info (from repro video):Host: 35.158.51.24ArenaSrv: 101.83945Instance: 0.538682399Build: 85968

This is fantastic! Thank you for the hard work in figuring this out and even recording it :D

Archived