PvP sexist titles

BeLZedaR.4790

@Felipe.1807 said:

@"Bossun.2046" said:Does anyone really use "Goddess" when referring to a "God" ?

yeah, its like on TES, where you have the daedra, they usually called daedric prince, whatever it is Hircine, Molag Bal, Hemeaus Mora, etc(males) or Mephala, Azura, etc(female) the female ones are not called Daedric Princess...but whatever, i dont mind the change, just found odd that Anet choose to "fix" this and yet ignore the many reports about hackers and match manipulation.

They are not ignoring it, mate. Issues like hacking and alleged match manipulation are far more complicated for Anet to deal with, so obviously it takes a lot more time and consideration.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:I thought legend was gender neutral

Yeah. pay no attention. The manly men are still having their hissyfit over the option of 'goddess' being added to the 'god' titles..

I clearly remember a "hissyfit" being throw for the title to be added. Your posts comes across as an obvious double standard.

Also this thread started as pure satire and should stay as such.

Really? Maybe you weren't here for the first thread, because what happened was that someone simply asked if the 'goddess' title could be added, after which a screaming horde of outrage descended on them, and another screaming horde of outrage replied. That thread got closed. The title was added, and another thread of outrage was made. Which had to be closed.

So I think I've lost my sense of humor on the subject.

Yeah. pay no attention. The manly men are still having their hissyfit over the option of 'goddess' being added to the 'god' titles..

I clearly remember a "hissyfit" being throw for the title to be added. Your posts comes across as an obvious double standard.

Really? Maybe you weren't here for the first thread, because what happened was that someone simply asked if the 'goddess' title could be added, after which a screaming horde of outrage descended on them, and another screaming horde of outrage replied. That thread got closed. The title was added, and another thread of outrage was made. Which had to be closed.

its funny though, the original op started a gender debate after people asked for killer Queen to change too and that god was already a neutral title. Then dropped the "you're being misogynistic". Where the satire began, and will continue because of how much of a joke that thread became after that point.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

its funny though, the original op started a gender debate after people asked for killer Queen to change too and that god was already a neutral title. Then dropped the "you're being misogynistic". Where the satire began, and will continue because of how much of a joke that thread became after that point.

You say that as if the debate came in RESPONSE to the Killer Queen request (which A. Was sarcasm and B. I'm sure we're all fine with Killer King being added if people want it.) and seem to have forgotten the many other rude, sarcastic and dismissive remarks people made. Such as equating female gamers with loonies who think they are helicopters.

You say that as if the debate came in RESPONSE to the Killer Queen request (which A. Was sarcasm and B. I'm sure we're all fine with Killer King being added if people want it.) and seem to have forgotten the many other rude, sarcastic and dismissive remarks people made. Such as equating female gamers with loonies who think they are helicopters.

Its more like, people wanted an Apachi Helicopter, title. Fair is fairAnd how how often are males associated as losers for gaming?Point is, from start to finish, that thread was a joke. It was made worse when the titles actually changed. You'll see more threads like this one

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

Its more like, people wanted an Apachi Helicopter, title. Fair is fairAnd how how often are males associated as losers for gaming?Point is, from start to finish, that thread was a joke. It was made worse when the titles actually changed. You'll see more threads like this one

I know there will be more threads. It's sad. It has lowered my opinion of the community.

@allias.1420 said:

@"Bossun.2046" said:Does anyone really use "Goddess" when referring to a "God" ?

yeah, its like on TES, where you have the daedra, they usually called daedric prince, whatever it is Hircine, Molag Bal, Hemeaus Mora, etc(males) or Mephala, Azura, etc(female) the female ones are not called Daedric Princess...but whatever, i dont mind the change, just found odd that Anet choose to "fix" this and yet ignore the many reports about hackers and match manipulation.

They are not ignoring it, mate. Issues like hacking and alleged match manipulation are far more complicated for Anet to deal with, so obviously it takes a lot more time and consideration.

hmmm i dont about that my friend...players basically showed to Anet all the evidance about match manipulators and hacker, and yet, you still see those same people on game...to me looks like they are ignoring, or working really, really slow...

lol nobody here or on any other thread of the subject are "having a hissyfit", we are just trolling lol its funny that you cant tell the diference.

Oh rip did you see that thread? I posted that thread actually as a bit of sarcasm the night before, then when I woke up it had like a million hits and I had a 3 day ban.

Man I wanna know what the hell happened to it while I was sleeping. Like I'm all for the change, I think it's a fantastic bit of flavour; but I was very disappointed to see that they hid it, it was only when that shaman pulled it up that we knew about it.

It makes me think (think not accuse) that they are sympathisers of the extreme left because... why would you hide a cool bit of flavour like that, unless the motive for the change was something you want to hide?

Now they will come under scrutiny for hiding it and deleting threads and posts discussing it, but if they responded now they won't have any response other than "uhh it was a PR screw up." If only they didn't hide it they could have said "We don't align ourselves politically, and we don't support that format of posting. However when we thought about it in the context of adding flavour to the game, we thought it was fair and it was just incredibly easy to implement."

Archived