Please Please Please give us /Resign option

Sombra.3246

Better than a resign option would be better match making. I know thats to much to ask as Ben answered that already. It is the players fault because we voted for that. Lol sure. Matches with 4 thiefs and 2 mesmer for example are just trash I don't even want to play. Thats because you know exactly how this ends. Forced into such matches by anet is just wasting time I could rather do something fun.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@Sombra.3246 said:We need a /Resign option in SPvP to give us a chance to not waste time on horrible match ups.

Please comment down below if you agree.

no we dont, all this does is give a tool to those that don't get that pvp is about great fights win or lose and not just winning a prize.

SPvP is not about winning? LmaoWhat you seem not to take into consideration is that SPvP is supposed to be competitive game play.Most players that are playing ranked SPvP want to win to get their ratings up especially when especially for players that want to get high ratings when the seasons are active.

There used to be a feature in GW1 which allowed the party to resign if everyone in the party agreed to resign.

I think this is a good option to bring back and implement.

The resign feature will give the players more control over the time spend in the matches instead of having to wait 10 - 15 minutes for a game to end which you already know you have no chance of winning because of the random team that you were dealt via matchmaking.

The players can only DUO and beyond that have no control over who is with them on the team. The resign option will give the players back the power to decline horribly unbalanced matches.The resign option should also not give any of the players any penalty on their ratings.

As for the team that did not resign, they should be treated as the team that won the match and get the rewards as any normal game won.

This will be fair for all players involved., and will help make SPvP more competitive again and a lot less salty.

@Sombra.3246 said:

@Sombra.3246 said:We need a /Resign option in SPvP to give us a chance to not waste time on horrible match ups.

Please comment down below if you agree.

no we dont, all this does is give a tool to those that don't get that pvp is about great fights win or lose and not just winning a prize.

SPvP is not about winning? LmaoWhat you seem not to take into consideration is that SPvP is supposed to be competitive game play.Most players that are playing ranked SPvP want to win to get their ratings up especially when especially for players that want to get high ratings when the seasons are active.

There used to be a feature in GW1 which allowed the party to resign if everyone in the party agreed to resign.

I think this is a good option to bring back and implement.

The resign feature will give the players more control over the time spend in the matches instead of having to wait 10 - 15 minutes for a game to end which you already know you have no chance of winning because of the random team that you were dealt via matchmaking.

The players can only DUO and beyond that have no control over who is with them on the team. The resign option will give the players back the power to decline horribly unbalanced matches.The resign option should also not give any of the players any penalty on their ratings.

As for the team that did not resign, they should be treated as the team that won the match and get the rewards as any normal game won.

This will be fair for all players involved., and will help make SPvP more competitive again and a lot less salty.

ofc people want to win, my point is winning is merely a side effect, what matters is great game play, and in this case, player versus player game play.

Imagine you had 10 fights, all boring as hell, and you won all 10. Now imagine you had 10 fights that were all amazing fun, but you lost 50% of them. If you think the former is more fun then you will never enjoy pvp ultimately because its not the pvp you get pleasure from. And yet people would have you resign some of those fights you would otherwised have enjoyed in the latter scenario - resignation means people quit potentially great content for other reasons than poor gameplay - that's what destroys the spirit of games.

To put it simple, gameplay > a winning token, seek to encourage commitment to gameplay not tokens.

If I was everyone else, I'd be insulted by Anet's stance in regards to the lack of resign button in pvp. Basically they are saying that all the players lack the intelligence to use the /resign feature right. Mind you it was perfectly fine in gw1 just like pvp was perfectly fine in gw1. But just like they assume players were too idiotic to create builds for themselves they also assume that 5 players wouldn't know how to use /resign properly without it being abused. Lets ignore the fact that people just go afk in pvp when teams are stupid, lets ignore the fact that players intentionally sabotage their team, lets ignore the facts that we have hacking going around and lets ignore the fact that Anet doesn't really ban offenders in pvp.

Archived