Medkit. How has this not been brought up to the curve?

Rauderi.8706

love the video!

and the suggestion.although the kit already has some potential if you combine it with heavy boon stacking and use every little trait/stat available.and by potential i mean raw healing numbers on paper - the very many issues with the kit not included (short ranged... 4/5 skills being single target packs on the ground WTF... not applicable while moving... a whole traitsystem used for a task even a necro can do, with more benefits, just by using well of blood... and many (!) more).

Haha love the vid!I actually made a thread about fun changes to the engineer a while back https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/22653/fun-changes-to-traits-and-skills-theory-crafting-not-real#latest . I'll link the change to medkit that I came up with (I'll remove it if OP feels it's inappropriate to the thread)

medkitThe nr 2-5 skills now apply a pack with 5 stacks to allies around you. Depending on which skill you use (of the 2-5) the pack gives different support effects.nr1 skill detonates any packs on allies withing the range. If the packs aren't triggered by the nr1 skill, they will detonate themselves by getting hit by enemies.

nr2= 1k heal per pack (5k heal if nr1skill), nr3= remove a condition per stack. nr4= 1sec super speed per stack, nr5=1 sec of resistance per stack

I defo think the medkit needs a change and honestly anything would be better than the current one. My example is aiming toward a more active playstyle (also pretty hastly created)

The medkit will never work unless they buff to heal like 10 targets for 5K hp every second in a 1200 range AoE. They will never do that. In an enviroment where a single cc means you either loose 50%+ hp to an enemy far tankier than you with zerker damage (like say a warrior) you cant have a kit where you lazily get hp and do nothing else. Cause you are gonna die. Go to WvW and its 10x worse. The scourge train simply run over you while you do nothing. Go to PvE and dps is king.

The only way it could work is long duration AoE skills so you flip to it, use a skill and flip back. Something similar to how banners work.

A few improvements I came up with when looking at Med Kit:

• Make the 2-5 skills 5-target, 180-240 range AoEs upon being picked up.
  • Improve the base healing of all skills by 100 - 150%.
  • Improve the healing power scaling from 0.2? to 0.5 in skills 2-5.
  • Decrease Med Blasters casting time from 1,25 s to 0,75s.
  • Rename skill 2 to Throw Potion. Throw Potion leaves behind a 3s Water field that removes an additional damaging condition each pulse. Cooldown increased to 8s.
  • Reduce cooldown of the skill 4 to 10s. Down from 15.
  • Skill 5 now removes 2 conditions instead of 1.

I don't dare suggest any stronger changes as I realized how well the new engineer traits actually synergize with Med Kit. The problem is Med Kit itself is probably the most useless skill in the game. The other problem is these changes might not even be enough, I haven't actually done all the scenarios and the math involved.

@"Yannir.4132" said:A few improvements I came up with when looking at Med Kit:

• Make the 2-5 skills 5-target, 180-240 range AoEs upon being picked up.
  • Improve the base healing of all skills by 100 - 150%.
  • Improve the healing power scaling from 0.2? to 0.5 in skills 2-5.
  • Decrease Med Blasters casting time from 1,25 s to 0,75s.
  • Rename skill 2 to Throw Potion. Throw Potion leaves behind a 3s Water field that removes an additional damaging condition each pulse. Cooldown increased to 8s.
  • Reduce cooldown of the skill 4 to 10s. Down from 15.
  • Skill 5 now removes 2 conditions instead of 1.

I don't dare suggest any stronger changes as I realized how well the new engineer traits actually synergize with Med Kit. The problem is Med Kit itself is probably the most useless skill in the game. The other problem is these changes might not even be enough, I haven't actually done all the scenarios and the math involved.

I was thinking that instead of throwing drops, the kit would have each of its skills like the Medblaster. With its healing+boon+partial condi removal, they would all be dense skills with wide effect for a tight group.

Otherwise, its #1 skill healing rate is comparable to a single tick of druid's staff heal, including healpow scaling. Not "great", obviously, but the other skills have better scaling and effect. So if those were made into Range 600, 5-Target skills, and maybe widen the cone significantly , Medkit might be on the border of useful.

But I also like the idea of the medkit having something similar to Elixirs, like you describe. Heck, making them Elixir skills would add a ton of synergy for support.

The difference between druid staff and med kit is the function they serve. On paper, if you look at it quickly, druid staff might look like a healing weapon, and technically it is, but how that comes into play is different. Druid staffs main function is to power up Celestial Avatar, which is the main healing source(+other things) the spec provides.Med Kit is a lot more straightforward, its purpose is to heal/support. A better comparison would be to Celestial Avatar rather than staff. Ofc as it's an engineering kit, it has less drawbacks than CA(no cooldown, doesn't require a special resource), so they shouldn't be on par with each other directly.

That's why I think Med Blaster should have a lot better healing value than it does currently. You're free to swap in and out of the kit anytime you want but while you're in the kit, it should give meaningful returns. Any time you are in the med kit, you are pretty much doing 0 damage, and you aren't building a special resource like druid is.Conclusion is that while staff auto and med blaster have comparable healing numbers, med blaster is still clearly inferior.

Archived