New 32 slot bag, is a Troll Item

At least for the one we get for the achivement, they should have let us chose what kind of bag it should be. I actually like that it's an invisible bag and I think I can make far less use of it some time in the future, hearing that this "issue" will be "fixed" ...

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I prefer the bag to stay invisible exactle because I want to prevent unid gear from being a victim of "salvage all". Unfortunately this is the case of one QoL killing another QoL.

I think Anet should work on solution that within salvage all window I can uncheck items I don't want to be salvaged.

That uncheck idea is brilliant. You should absolutely be able to exlude unident gear from salvage all and that would be the best way to give us that option.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:So this bag that we get from the new map has 2 functions, it puts containers in it first and it also works as an invisible bag.

When you get pieces of unidentified gear it throws them into the bag deliberately, then when you hit salvage all, the salvage kit can't find them because items, in this bag are considered invisible. LOL, then u have to manually move them out of that bag, salvage them all, and then if any materials end up in the bag from salvaging, they are invisible too... and cant be deposited from deposit all materials... hilarious!

You should be thankful about that because it prevents you from salvaging unidentified gears. ALWAYS identify them, NEVER salvage them.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:So this bag that we get from the new map has 2 functions, it puts containers in it first and it also works as an invisible bag.

When you get pieces of unidentified gear it throws them into the bag deliberately, then when you hit salvage all, the salvage kit can't find them because items, in this bag are considered invisible. LOL, then u have to manually move them out of that bag, salvage them all, and then if any materials end up in the bag from salvaging, they are invisible too... and cant be deposited from deposit all materials... hilarious!

Am I reading this correctly that you are salvaging your unidentified gear? I hope not!

To be honest if you are auto-salvaging unid gear you are throwing away gold. You will always, 100% of the time, make more profit by either saving them to OPEN on a high MF character, or by selling them on the TP. They CAN NOT salvage for anything that is worth more than their TP list price.

If you don't want to accidentally salvage unidentified gear, just place it into a regular invisible bag (like a 20 slot safe box). Any stackable items in an invisible bag will have new items automatically go into the invisible bag, combining with the stack. At least until a stack reaches 250, then extras go into your backpack or next available bag slot and you'll have to move the new stack to the invisible bag. It shoulnd't be too much of a hassle.

It's currently driving me up the wall. I'd quite like it as an invisible bag but I can't just move the stuff from my real invisible bag because they'll fix it and then I'll have to move everything back and hope nothings gets accidentally salvaged. At the same time, it's beyond annoying to have it as it fills up with things at random and I have to move said things out before I can sell or deposit them. grinds teeth

When u think about it, unidentified gear now adds an extra step to salvaging gear. The point of unidentified gear was to be gear that stacks and not clutter your inventory up, unless you actually wanted the individual items.

But for some reason you make more money by opening them, so doesn't that defeat the purpose of the anti clutter aspect, which they were originally designed for?

It would actually be one less step in salvaging if they just gave you normal gear drops like they do in other maps.

Other maps > get gear > salvagePof maps > get unid gear > id gear > salvageBoth result in ultimately cluttering your inventory, unless you salvage before you identify, but then you make less money.

If you wanted to keep the individual items, then unidentified gear functions the same as loot bags, which we already have, so why not just give us bags instead of unidentified gear?

So what's the point of making unidentified gear give you less money if you salvage it before identifying it?

Edit: eh ill make a thread about it, i dont get it..

Archived