This is my story! ....

Rolah.6197

Good morning, last night, just before the end of the season I was with a score of 1679 points and in position 248 in the ranking ...At one point the writing appeared that the season was at the end and my score was unchanged ...But as if by magic just ended I found myself out of the first 250 and I see perfectly that in position 250 there is a certain Reverse with 1664 points.

Now I would not be rude ... but it does not seem right!

Certainly doesn't seem right.Also, why end season before deadline? I was 1 match from finishing Byzantium Chest with 30 mins to go and after winning at 23:32 realized that the pips hadn't been counted and score wasn't added.Why say "Season ends March 12th at 23:59" and finish it 30 mins early? Not a huge deal, just disappointing.

You need to do a match to appear on the leaderboards if you weren’t on them.I’ve no idea why it works like this, but anet confirmed this is a thing somewhere.

So what probably happened is that you got knocked out of top 250 and then they dropped below you, but you didn’t do a match so you did not reclaim your spot.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:You need to do a match to appear on the leaderboards if you weren’t on them.I’ve no idea why it works like this, but anet confirmed this is a thing somewhere.

So what probably happened is that you got knocked out of top 250 and then they dropped below you, but you didn’t do a match so you did not reclaim your spot.

.... no sense!

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:Certainly doesn't seem right.Also, why end season before deadline? I was 1 match from finishing Byzantium Chest with 30 mins to go and after winning at 23:32 realized that the pips hadn't been counted and score wasn't added.Why say "Season ends March 12th at 23:59" and finish it 30 mins early? Not a huge deal, just disappointing.

Wow... Honestly the OP has every right to be angry. This isn't fair at all and he was robbed of top 250 IMO and I agree with you as well MarshallLaw.

I had similar experience. My story:I have been in top 250 for as long as I can remember this season. Even if I hit a small loss streak I would bounce right back into top 250 with a series of wins. The day the season ended I had lost a few and was just outside top 250. I just needed two more wins to pop well back into top 250. I queued up one hour before reset (supposedly the season was to end at reset). I had seen "Season ending" message this hour before reset and the rating bar did not have a lock on it. I thought to myself "This must be an hour warning. As long as I win two games before reset I will be good." RANKED queue pops and the game ends in a win. I immediately queue again, pressed for time. "Only one more win," I thought to myself. RANKED queue pops... a second win! It's now about 30 minutes before reset and I check my rating... to my disbelief, no rating for either RANKED victory. Disappointed, I take a small break before the AT that starts at reset. I come back at reset and now there is a "Season has ended" message and the rating bar is now locked. Apparently "Season ending" = "Season has ended." I can't feel somewhat robbed of top 250 like the OP and also disapponted like the person I am quoting because I would have completed a tier on the chest (and I know we are not alone on this).

TLDR: Anet needs to be more transparent and consistent with season end times and how the leaderboard works. A lot of people feel left in the dark, deceived, and/or robbed as a result (whether its pips, rating, badge status, etc.).

This happened to my guild mate in season 5, a guy who had lower rating than him took 250th position on leaderboards and he emailed Anet support, basically the response was something to do with decay (but my guild mate did not have any decay). You should email Anet support and see what they say but doubt you will get it back :(

This happened to my guild mate in season 5, a guy who had lower rating than him took 250th position on leaderboards and he emailed Anet support, basically the response was something to do with decay (but my guild mate did not have any decay). You should email Anet support and see what they say but doubt you will get it back :(

• ArenaNet Staff

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:You need to do a match to appear on the leaderboards if you weren’t on them.I’ve no idea why it works like this, but anet confirmed this is a thing somewhere.

This is true.

Sry but it is unfair and makes no sense that he has to make another match to get back on leaderboard when he has enough rankpoints (no decay) and enough games to be on leaderboard. When ppl drop behind it should be enough.

Also i would like to see a change to the ranking between ppl having exactly the same rankpoints. Atm the one with the higher amount of games played get ranked higher but that makes no sense. Among the ppl with same rankpoints the better winratio should decide before the number of played games.

So since I want to raise a bit of flame ...We want to talk about the system used for the leaderboard ?! The decay ...People who suddenly appear out of nowhere with games won and lost that you see come out only at the last second ... Really sporty!

Another thing ... during the matches of the AT you can change class just while you play! Unbelievable ...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

This is true.

That makes no sense, change it pls

It was answered, but the system has to change ibelieve since it occurs many unfair situations..I experienced a bit different story, but i did a lot of games to climb back to platinum rank, and i was forced to play last days due to decay. Ended at 1499, tried to get back , i got the classic lose chain and ended the season at 1440 since i had no time to get the win chain back. I believe this is really unfair.

Either :

• Decay should be removed last week, so people don't have to experience luck issues on the very last days
  • Decay should not happen once you've reached xxx games in a season

@Abazigal.3679 said:

Either :

• Decay should be removed last week, so people don't have to experience luck issues on the very last days

That defeats the entire point of the decay system. The system makes you actively play to retain your spot. If you go on a losing streak, tough luck. Happens to everyone throughout the season at some point. Sucks, but necessary. Otherwise you'd see people play enough to hit a spot and never log in again unless they have to get a few more spots. Which is what prompted the decay system in the first place.

@Hockmed.9417 said:

Either :

That defeats the entire point of the decay system. The system makes you actively play to retain your spot. If you go on a losing streak, tough luck. Happens to everyone throughout the season at some point. Sucks, but necessary. Otherwise you'd see people play enough to hit a spot and never log in again unless they have to get a few more spots. Which is what prompted the decay system in the first place.

Yes and no. I'm not suggesting to remove the decay, more likely negating it on the very end. Everyone knows win streaks and losing streaks happen at a given time, but it's tough to base your season on a small amount of games eventually, being forced to play on the last 2 days. At least remove it on the last week, so it gives you a full week to get your rank back in the worst case.

Archived