Why can't Norns uncheck their chest piece to show off those nice tats?

@"Rihar.3465" said:And here we go: Invisible Chest Armor from Invisible Shroom Awakened with 1E-99 drop chance

Dunno about that. Maybe something like the SWTOR "Covert Energy" armour pieces. Gloves, boots, torso, belt, and vambraces (wrist/forearm protection) that are completely invisible (no, SWTOR doesn't have a "hide shoulders" or "hide gloves" checkbox). Obviously if GW2 did such a thing, the default yellow (or whatever colour it is that Nornettes wear) bra would show up...

@"Svennis.3852" said:There already a few armors that leave the chest almost completely exposed.

Why not just use this option?

Main chest armor doesn't need to be invisible IMO - just doesn't feel right. It's the same request as me asking for invisible pants because I want to show off the sturdy, polished mahogany thighs of my sylvari.

Thematically, we can work out the logical reason for no helm is increased visibility. Shoulders and gloves being removed gives increased mobility/dexterity. No chest armor wouldn't give any benefit and just give less protection.

It sounds like the only reason people don't want this is because they're squeamish about women in bras... I wonder what the average age of the GW2 playerbase is, and whether Anet should concern themselves with this so much. Personally I think the advantage of running around as a shirtless viking/Norn outweighs that particular concern.

@MoJoe.9063 said:It sounds like the only reason people don't want this is because they're squeamish about women in bras... I wonder what the average age of the GW2 playerbase is, and whether Anet should concern themselves with this so much. Personally I think the advantage of running around as a shirtless viking/Norn outweighs that particular concern.

a) you clearly didn't read any comments, 0% of people mentioned anything about being squeamish (or similar).b) I would confidently say that there is a majority of people(more than 50%) who would want this have male characters in mind so your point about bras is moot.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:There already a few armors that leave the chest almost completely exposed.

Why not just use this option?

Main chest armor doesn't need to be
invisible
IMO

Well, IMO it has to in order to feel right to me.

Mostly because those armours are all old and ugly as sin when it comes to texture and model.

@Bilgato.8034 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:Hey, it's not just Norn. Charr spend a lot of time getting their fur
just right
and just cover it in armor.Free the fur! (And that tats!)

And as a Sylvari I have to add that my lustrous woodgrain and my peoples vibrant and supple foliage shouldn't have to be concealed from the world either.

At least there is leafy armour that looks more like an extension of the Sylvari form (and does a good job at it) so you can appear all au natural.

This might fall under "gem store solution" but maybe we can get an armor skin that's just a necklace. Nothing huge or gaudy (we have enough gaudy in this game...), just a metal collar, mundane necklace, or something with maybe a little barbarian flair. Maybe throw in some upper-arm bands.

..and have them reskin the human/Norn chests, because they've always looked weird to me.

Half the time in unranked sPvP I take down half my armour to train under worse conditions. Usually I take off Chest, gloves, and shoulders, sometimes helmet, it depends on the look I want. But in sPvP you lose base armour, not rune bonus, so I see why that's a problem in PvE

@Djahlat.9610 said:Half the time in unranked sPvP I take down half my armour to train under worse conditions. Usually I take off Chest, gloves, and shoulders, sometimes helmet, it depends on the look I want. But in sPvP you lose base armour, not rune bonus, so I see why that's a problem in PvE

Especially since piece-by-piece Chest (and Leggings) have the most stats.

Archived