Why can't Norns uncheck their chest piece to show off those nice tats?

@"EpicName.4523" said:You want to see nice tats or nice...tats with "i" in the middle? Be honest, man.

There are armour pieces that show more boobies than going bare-chested, lol.

The current underwear available to both sexes is very conservative in contrast to some of the armour.

I completely agree and have been requesting this for so long, they're Norns! Vikings! Why can't we un-toggle all of the armor pieces like we can with head, shoulders, gloves and for some reason they decided to make a 0,000000001% super rare invisible foot shoes because why not!? :angry:

I just unequip the chest piece whenever I am using one of my typical Norn pieces. :(

I'd like to see them revamp the entire armor system. First we need to be able to hide each piece of armor and stowed weapons. I wish they'd break up headgear from eye gear (glowing eyes, glasses, etc) along with hair. Some headgear doesn't go well with hair and will make the hair vanish. Characters look bald with some hats on. Also with outfits they need to give us the ability to show headgear along with eyes if they were to break them up. I'd like to see the hair system revised to where you can unlock and retain previous hair styles. I wish the hair color would just be part of the dye system.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I'd like to see them revamp the entire armor system. First we need to be able to hide each piece of armor and stowed weapons. I wish they'd break up headgear from eye gear (glowing eyes, glasses, etc) along with hair. Some headgear doesn't go well with hair and will make the hair vanish. Characters look bald with some hats on. Also with outfits they need to give us the ability to show headgear along with eyes if they were to break them up. I'd like to see the hair system revised to where you can unlock and retain previous hair styles. I wish the hair color would just be part of the dye system.

All of this. Especially the ability to wear an outfit but select the headgear actually worn as an alternative to the outfit default. So many of my outfitted toons would look better with a different eye/hat piece.

I'm going to guess that the main reason ANet doesn't do this is to avoid a large part of the player base running around in effect "naked" characters. That would be very immersion breaking for many others. Personally glad they've stuck to this, as I don't want to see 90% of the population run around in "naked human females" everywhere.

That said, I wouldn't mind some more variety in chest armors to allow to show of more tattoo's etc. My own Norn has tattoo's on his upper arms, so some more "vest" like armors would be nice to show those off. There are also some other armors (like gladiator for heavy iirc) that also shows off most of the tattoo's.

Another options, un-equip everything except the chest armor, get your self beaten up 2 times so it gets damaged twice, and equip the rest, bare chested (stats won't work though, but I think the rune will still work).

@"joneirikb.7506" said:I'm going to guess that the main reason ANet doesn't do this is to avoid a large part of the player base running around in effect "naked" characters. That would be very immersion breaking for many others.

So... a topless man is bad, but glowing blinding pink armor/mounts is okay? Not everyone would run around as naked females, either, something loses appeal when everyone does it, it's why you see blinding colors on armor (higher gold cost/less people with them).

@"joneirikb.7506" said:I'm going to guess that the main reason ANet doesn't do this is to avoid a large part of the player base running around in effect "naked" characters. That would be very immersion breaking for many others. Personally glad they've stuck to this, as I don't want to see 90% of the population run around in "naked human females" everywhere.

1) It is not any more "immersion breaking" that hiding shoulders, helmet and gloves.

2) There are chestpieces for females that are moar revealing than the bright yellow stock bra.

Exactly, Oglaf. It makes no sense not to have the option. Also, what if theres players that want to roleplay without losing armor value. Some people might want to go Beowulf nude mode on some monsters. If you're gonna give an option to uncheck 3 things. Have the option to uncheck the rest as well. PLEAAASE ANEET PLEASSEE

Archived